Into the Spider-Verse Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse News and General Discussion Thread

Japanese Spider-Man is amazing!!!! Also is kind of the star of the first Super Sentai program in Japan.

The 3D blu ray is available for pre order on Amazon Germany.
Disappointed that Sony aren't releasing Into the spider-verse in 3D in the UK.

So spoiler alert, but here's something I've been wondering:

Given the positive reception to Liv Octavius, do we think this is a character we would like to see in the comics? Could be a great replacement for Ock considering he's now a Spider-Man.

So spoiler alert, but here's something I've been wondering:

Given the positive reception to Liv Octavius, do we think this is a character we would like to see in the comics? Could be a great replacement for Ock considering he's now a Spider-Man.

Sony get a bad rep but can I just say they did an expert job at hiding this character. What a wonderful and unexpected surprise.

Loved everything about this, witty, charming and with a great cast, most of which were all Spiderman or variations of, loved Miles and his relationships with Peter, Gwen and his Dad, really well done and thought out, great soundtrack to boot as well. Loved as well the variations on the normal rogues gallery, all a unique twist and some nice surprises. Just a charming full all round and might just be my fave Spidey film since Spiderman 2. 9/10

Not too sure. The last female Ock didn't go over too well in comics

Anyway, found out why they didn't release Spidey Bells in either the Score or Soundtrack.

THEY ARE RELEASING THE WHOLE CHRISTMAS ALBUM!!!!

Christmas Songs from ‘Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse’ to Be Released | Film Music Reporter

Performed by Chris Pine, Shameik Moore, and Jake Johnson.
I honestly would've been sufficed with Spidey-Bells alone, but the fact we're getting a whole Christmas album is both hilarious and amazing. This is the gift that just keeps on giving.

I honestly would've been sufficed with Spidey-Bells alone, but the fact we're getting a whole Christmas album is both hilarious and amazing. This is the gift that just keeps on giving.

This movie has honestly made my year. It's been such a great year to be a Spidey fan! 2 great movies, a great video game, a great comic series...what a great year. And that's considering we've had to watch Spider-Man die twice...

‘Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse’ Captures China With $6M+ Opening Day, WW Cume At $76M+

Sony’s Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse took off in China scoring a $6.6M opening day, which by the way is the best first day for any Hollywood animated pic this year in the Middle Kingdom, eclipsing The Incredibles 2 and Ralph Breaks The Internet.

In addition, Spider-Verse ranked No. 1 for the day amid heavy competition against three local titles plus holdovers; the biggest one of which is Airpocalypse and they came in ahead today in early estimates. That pic could do $30M, while Spider-Verse is projected between $26M-$28M in China. Aquaman is still in China, but has shed screens. There he’s up to $209.5M, the highest grossing Warner Bros. title of all-time in local currency of 1.45 RBM. Through last weekend, Ralph Breaks the Internet was up at $39M while Incredibles 2 finished its run in China with $51.4M.

The last two Spider-Man movies have performed quite well in China, with Homecoming making $116.2M and 2014’s The Amazing Spider-Man 2 minting $94.4M.
International cume for Spider-Verse through yesterday is $28.5M. Add in its first domestic week of $48.1M and the Sony Animation pic stands at $76.6M.

I appreciate that this thing is such a hit in China.

Forget that it's animated, but movies in general don't get any better than this. Characters feel so real, full of emotions, life. It's funny, smart, sad, joyful. Whatever emotions u thought a movie couldn't make u feel, this movie will come closer to doing it than anything in recent years. It truly is special.
10/10.

The animation was glorious and the voice actors were all great in their varying roles (I was wrong about Jake Johnson from the trailers, he ended up being my favorite), but it all starts with the writing for me. I can't think of a better written comic book movie, or even too many better written films in general this year. Walking the line so seamlessly between absurdity and chaos with great characterization and pathos, it was the perfect Spidey cocktail. The film easily came the closest of all the Spider-Man films to capturing and reflecting the various emotions that I experienced (and more importantly further imagined) when reading the best of the Spider-Man comics when I first got into them. In other words this film (like the PS4 game earlier this year) recaptured my deeper love of the character and the broader universe as a whole, which frankly had been diminished for quite awhile.

I can't believe we live in a world with a Spider-Man Christmas album now, it's incredible. I want a physical version! I like how the songs poke at how ridiculous and commercial the idea is, and also at the character.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"