Into the Spider-Verse Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse News and General Discussion Thread

There is going to be an uproar if this movie doesn't take the Oscar for best-animated movie of the year because it clearly is.

Congrats to The Spiderverse! A well-deserved win!

There's no reason imo this shouldn't win the Oscar--it's not only the best animated movie this year, there's an argument to be made for best overall picture. None of the other animated productions can claim that imo.

There's no reason imo this shouldn't win the Oscar--it's not only the best animated movie this year, there's an argument to be made for best overall picture.

I said this a few pages back! (Page 64, December 27th 2018) My mind hasn’t been changed, it should be the 4th animated film to get a Best Picture Oscar nomination.

I said this a few pages back! (Page 64, December 27th 2018) My mind hasn’t been changed, it should be the 4th animated film to get a Best Picture Oscar nomination.

I've been trying to be cool about this, but really, I can't hold back anymore. THIS IS THE FILM OF THE YEAR. Looks at the other "contenders". None of them possess any qualities of originality...many of them will be forgotten in the weeks following the Oscars, never to be heard from again. Black Panther is the only other revolutionary film on the list, and, while I understand and agree that it was a game-changer, as a FILM, it isn't anywhere near as good as Spider-Verse.

If the Best Picture goes to a film that is revolutionary and original, then there is only really one film this year that accomplished that. Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse, ladies and gentlemen. The new standard by which superhero films, ESPECIALLY animated ones, will be judged.

Also, Hollywood types are starting to "get it" now:
'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' Director Says 'Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse' Made Him See the Light

UMFO4TW.jpg

I saw someone else share that image on social media earlier today- where is that from?

So, looks like it didn't beat Bumblebee this weekend.However, it looks like it overtook both BB and Mary Poppins on Mon. Tue should be interesting.

Less theaters then BB, higher per screen avg. Should overtake it next weekend.

It's drops are very minimal, and an awards season win can't hurt. I think it'll stretch it out to surpass 200 million domestic...provided there aren't any new contenders.

I can't believe how good this film is! 2018 was one hell of a year for Spidey!
And with Infinity War part 2 and Spider-Man: Far From Home, it looks like 2019 will keep the streak going! Wait...we will have had 5 Spider-Man movies in the past 4 years as of 2019...crazy! (Civil War, Homecoming, IW, Spider-Verse, Far From Home)

Got a Rotten review yesterday but is still at 97%
So...this is that one reveiwer who had to post an "It isn't that GREAT" review...almost a month after the film debuted? Yeah...gotta love those.

Spider-Verse notimated for Bafta (British version of the Oscar).

Keep that critical consensus coming. The only way it can get that Oscar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"