• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

No Way Home Spider-Man: No Way Home General News & Discussion Thread (TAG SPOILERS)

I went to opening night showings for both ASM and ASM2, and both got applauses afterwards. In the last 15 years, I think I've only witnessed one negative reaction from a theater audience... and that was for Power Rangers.

I went to opening night showings for both ASM and ASM2, and both got applauses afterwards. In the last 15 years, I think I've only witnessed one negative reaction from a theater audience... and that was for Power Rangers.
what was the reaction

Well since I won’t be seeing NWH in the theaters, I think I will start up my rewatches soon of the Raimi trilogy and Webb duology.

Well since I won’t be seeing NWH in the theaters, I think I will start up my rewatches soon of the Raimi trilogy and Webb duology.
Why not, is it because of COVID or is your interest in the film not that much?

Still hoping to drive with a few buddies of mine to an IMAX screening next week. The sooner I watch this movie, the better lol

Why not, is it because of COVID or is your interest in the film not that much?

I mean I am vaccinated and actually getting my booster this Friday. But the days of theater viewings for me are pretty much done. Even before Covid I had wanted things to go more in a direction of releasing online same day to stream or eventually quicker streaming/physical copy releases. And we are finally at that point.

I don’t enjoy the theater experience anymore. Would much rather enjoy from the comfort of my own home personally. No distractions. It’s my preferred option.

Well you might want to stay away from social media for the next few months because spoilers will be everywhere.

I mean I am vaccinated and actually getting my booster this Friday. But the days of theater viewings for me are pretty much done. Even before Covid I had wanted things to go more in a direction of releasing online same day to stream or eventually quicker streaming/physical copy releases. And we are finally at that point.

I don’t enjoy the theater experience anymore. Would much rather enjoy from the comfort of my own home personally. No distractions. It’s my preferred option.

Oh man, it's just the opposite for me. I enjoy movies at home, but NOTHING will ever top the theater going experience. Especially comic book movies on opening night. There's an energy and excitement that you can't find anywhere else.

One one hand I definitely get where Broseph44 is coming from because I don't see nearly as many movies as I use to in the theatre, but man if there was only one movie I could see in a theatre opening day this whole year it would easily be NWH and that's mostly for the crowd reactions.

Once all the big reveals and surprises are out there I know it just won't feel the same watching it at home, especially seeing it on the bigscreen for the very first time.

Now I have know idea how many times I'm going to actually re-watch the movie, but atleast I'll be able to experience it the right way on my initial viewing just like I did IW and EG.

I can see where you’re coming from and if you prefer home viewing that’s your choice but to me out of all the movies to see in theaters, this is the movie to see it in, even if this movie was on streaming I’d still want to experience it first in theaters. I can’t say the same for the last movie I saw in theaters(Shang-Chi) which I certainly would’ve have seen on streaming if it was available at the time. This movie feels like the first real event superhero film since Avengers Endgame almost three years ago. It kind of feels like you have to watch it in theaters to get the “full experience.” Again, I understand the theater experience is just not for you and given the new Variant your well within your right to wait for streaming but for me, I’ll take the risk for my boy Tobey! This will be the first time seeing his Spider-Man in theaters in seventeen years. Never saw Spider-Man 3 as I was grounded for misbehavior.

I can see where you’re coming from and if you prefer home viewing that’s your choice but to me out of all the movies to see in theaters, this is the movie to see it in, even if this movie was on streaming I’d still want to experience it first in theaters. I can’t say the same for the last movie I saw in theaters(Shang-Chi) which I certainly would’ve have seen on streaming if it was available at the time. This movie feels like the first real event superhero film since Avengers Endgame almost three years ago. It kind of feels like you have to watch it in theaters to get the “full experience.” Again, I understand the theater experience is just not for you and given the new Variant your well within your right to wait for streaming but for me, I’ll take the risk for my boy Tobey! This will be the first time seeing his Spider-Man in theaters in seventeen years. Never saw Spider-Man 3 as I was grounded for misbehavior.
I agree fully with what you said, even more now in the last 8 years, watching movies is a thing you have to see right when it comes out due to all the thumb nail spoilers on youtube whatever pops up.

I saw Space Jam 2 on my projector on HBO max for a change of pace and it was NOT the same as being in a AMC with a big IMAX screen and people cheering and clapping etc. As I had said before I have been with this forum since 2002 and left the week Spider-Man 3 came out in 2007, I literally have not made a post here in almost 15 years until a few days ago, that is how hyped I am for this movie. Understandable what the poster said about not wanting to go tho.

Campea is reporting that a source shared with him that the actual runtime without credits is 2 hours and 14 minutes.

With credits it's 2 hours and 28 minutes. The post-credit scene(s) is about 4 and a-half minutes.

Not sure who did the VFX for this movie, but I noticed in the screen cap for DOC OCK that you can see the blur/smooth filter to his face and his sideburns is catching some of the blur filter, and in one of the screen shots the filter looks off color from the rest of his skin

If that leaked post credits is true I'm gonna cringe so hard in the cinema.

jP2Ra8R.png

What is the one you’re talking about, just curious
Tom Hardy's Eddie Brock is in a bar in the MCU and goes to use the bathroom. For some reason the symbiote isn't attached to him. Eddie gets sent back to his reality due to No Way Home but the symbiote stays in the MCU :huh::hehe:

Tom Hardy's Eddie Brock is in a bar in the MCU and goes to use the bathroom. For some reason the symbiote isn't attached to him. Eddie gets sent back to his reality due to No Way Home but the symbiote stays in the MCU :huh::hehe:
Actually reliable leaker MyTimeToShineHello has clarified that only a piece of the symbiote stays in the MCU.

Despite them going the multiverse route, I still want to see actual MCU versions of Norman Osborn, and Doc Ock at some point.

Theoretically, an MCU version of those characters should already exist somewhere. We just haven’t met them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"