Far From Home The Official Spider-Man: Far From Home User Review Thread

Well this was godawful. So Tony left some glasses to a kid that give ANYONE who puts them on access to swarms of killerdrones?

Not Rhodey, not Cap, not T'Challa, not Cpt. Marvel not ANYONE else but this kid he found.

And that's the plot?

Then there's an unblipped kid running around who is now 5 years older and wants to get in MJs pants.

What a pile of actual rubbish.

Username checks out.

Well this was godawful. So Tony left some glasses to a kid that give ANYONE who puts them on access to swarms of killerdrones?

Not Rhodey, not Cap, not T'Challa, not Cpt. Marvel not ANYONE else but this kid he found.

And that's the plot?

Then there's an unblipped kid running around who is now 5 years older and wants to get in MJs pants.

What a pile of actual rubbish.

I guess you went to the restroom in the last few minutes of Endgame and missed that Cap is an old man now and gave away the shield to Sam.

I guess you also went to the restroom as soon as Far From Home started and missed the "in memorial" again referencing that Cap isn't a thing anymore.

It still doesn't make any kind of sense to leave this responsibility to Peter Parker. Stark made him an Avenger thinking they were on a one way trip. Not because he actually believed he was ready for that.

And he was right as the first thing Peter tries to do with that responsibility is send a killer drone to take out a high school kid for almost sending nudes to MJ.

To me it just spits on the whole "with great power comes great responsibility" concept.

Now, whether or not you still care about that concept is of course an entirely different discussion. But I won't believe the people giving this movie 10's and 9's care about that anymore. I still do though so I just accept that the movie was simply not made for me.

It still doesn't make any kind of sense to leave this responsibility to Peter Parker.

Stopped reading at this point. Responsibility is Spider-Man's bag, man. If you can't trust Peter Parker, the kid who shoulders every responsibility, including those he shouldn't, then who can you trust with it? I mean, the kid even gave it away under the misconception that he was doing the responsible thing. Then, he realized his mistake,and walked into a trap, trying to fix his mistake, and then, regrouped, owned his new role, and fixed the mistake proper. The whole movie is about responsibility, and it deals with how Peter is the right person to handle it.

It still doesn't make any kind of sense to leave this responsibility to Peter Parker. Stark made him an Avenger thinking they were on a one way trip. Not because he actually believed he was ready for that.

And he was right as the first thing Peter tries to do with that responsibility is send a killer drone to take out a high school kid for almost sending nudes to MJ.

To me it just spits on the whole "with great power comes great responsibility" concept.

Now, whether or not you still care about that concept is of course an entirely different discussion. But I won't believe the people giving this movie 10's and 9's care about that anymore. I still do though so I just accept that the movie was simply not made for me.

I like how you pretend like he sent a drone on purpose. Also he wasn't trying to send nudes to MJ, he was trying to send her the pic of Peter with his pants down with the scary German SHIELD agent.

Rewatching this movie last night... it doesn't hold up as well. It's a good movie, but it's just... fine. I noticed this time the bland and standard composition of shots from Watts. He really loves his shot, reverse medium shots. It's a few steps away from George Lucas. Combine that with the obvious pre vized action, it just makes things pretty impersonal and generic. I can't help but think if Raimi directed scenes in this movie. I was re-watching SM3 after, and despite that movie's flaws, Raimi's trademark visual style is there. That movie has problems, but one of them is I'm not checking my phone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"