The Official Spider-Man: Far From Home User Review Thread

Discussion in 'Spider-Man: Far From Home' started by Spider-Fan, Jun 26, 2019.

?

Rate the movie!

1. 10

7.9%
  2. 9

37.6%
  3. 8

24.8%
  4. 7

14.9%
  5. 6

5.0%
  6. 5

4.0%
  7. 4

4.0%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

2.0%
  1. Spider-Fan

Spider-Fan SHHFFL 2014 Champion

This is the User Review thread for Spider-Man: Far From Home. Feel free to post your thoughts! If your review contains spoilers, PLEASE TAG!!!!

2. Nicko-Ray

Nicko-Ray Madness

A VERY quick general reaction/thoughts after seeing it last night.

Mysterio does not disappoint whatsoever. Adapted faithfully and naturally within the MCU. Very very happy about him and can’t wait for rewatches due to his visuals. Seriously GREAT and Gyllenhaal absolutely nails it. The perfect actor to cast.

I really liked FAR FROM HOME...it might have things that work better than HOMECOMING and vice versa. Still internalizing. I think its paced and moves very well with little drag but isn’t the cleanest film. I have a few gripes that I’ll write up later. MAYBE an 8.8 or 9/10. (For reference, HOMECOMING is an 8.5 for me)

3. Spider-Fan

So jealous, LOL! I have many questions that I like, want to know...but yet...don't want to know, LOL!

Nicko-Ray likes this.
  4. Nicko-Ray

Nicko-Ray Madness

Haha I get it. Ask away if you feel like it and I’ll answer without spoilers and very generally.

But the more I’m thinking about the film, the more I’m appreciating it.

#4 Nicko-Ray, Jun 27, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2019
    Shuri and MahvelBaby! like this.
  5. Spider-Fan

How about this:

Vulture or Mysterio? Where would you rank him with other Spider-Man film villains?

Nicko-Ray likes this.
  6. Schlosser85

Schlosser85 Watchful Protector

How did you feel about Zendaya and MJ/Peter?

7. Nicko-Ray

Nicko-Ray Madness

HUGE MCU Vulture fan here. Thought they did a tremendous job with expanding and improving upon his comic origins and fitting it to the MCU. Also, loved his motivation in the film.

Mysterio is the same in the sense that they got him SO right (you will see). Comparing to Vulture, I think here they didn’t necessarily expand or improve per se, upon his character from the comics, they more so just faithfully adapted him USING the MCU.

I think Vulture had a stronger motivation than Mysterio which works better for a film, but Mysterio had the better adaptation.

That being said, I’m a Mysterio fan in GENERAL, more than I am a Vulture fan. So I enjoy MCU Mysterio more than I did Vulture. OR they’re the same. Can’t quite decide yet BUT Mysterio has much more to offer than Vulture on a scale level. With visuals, action, performance, etc, which makes him more fun to watch.

Before FFH, SPIDER-MAN villain rankings for me was—

1. Vulture
    2. Green Goblin
    3. Doc Ock

Now it’s—

1. Mysterio
    2. Vulture
    3. Green Goblin

(I’m not super crazy about Doc Ock like everyone else is..)

Spidey17, ludovica, Shuri and 3 others like this.
  8. Spider-Fan

Good to see another Mysterio fan give praise to him! That makes me excited. I was hoping he would equal or surpass Vulture. Mysterio is my favorite Spider-Man villain (always has been), so I've been maintaining high hopes with him here.

ludovica and Nicko-Ray like this.
  9. Nicko-Ray

Nicko-Ray Madness

Yes, for sure! Love Mysterio. Also love Slott’s Mysterioso arc with Martin on art. I can promise he won’t disappoint. Everything you want from him in a film, they deliver.

I really liked it. Liz felt like an appropriate, young crush. This feels very much so like a deeper, innocent, and charming teen romance.

ludovica, Shuri and Spider-Fan like this.
  10. MahvelBaby!

MahvelBaby! Registered

I'm so incredibly excited now to see Mysterio on screen, I'm also a huge fan of the character. Glad you enjoyed the film and it's a good sign when an 8.8-9/10 starts growing on you even more. @Nicko-Ray

ludovica, Nicko-Ray and Shuri like this.
  11. Shuri

Shuri Smartest person in the MCU.

Glad you loved it.

Nicko-Ray likes this.
  12. Flint Marko

Flint Marko Bring me Thanos

Yup, big Mysterio fan here as well. Over the moon to hear he doesn’t disappoint.

Nicko-Ray and MahvelBaby! like this.
  13. MahvelBaby!

MahvelBaby! Registered

I guess it is kind of a spoiler to know that he is a faithful adaptation when you compare it to the how he's been marketed but eh screw it makes me happy to know.

14. shinlyle

shinlyle King of the Haters

We used to be friends...then you saw the movie before me...!!!

Kidding. Glad you enjoyed it! It'll be Tuesday or Wednesday for me.

Nicko-Ray likes this.
  15. MahvelBaby!

MahvelBaby! Registered

Seeing it Tuesday would have seen it Monday but they only doing legit midnight showings instead of the 7 o clock showings you'd see on a Thursday for normal movies.

16. Nicko-Ray

Nicko-Ray Madness

You should be excited! You'll all see what I'm talking about. It usually takes a couple of more viewings to cement my final thoughts and feelings so I'm looking forward to that.

Put it this way...when it started..."happening" I was in complete awe muttering "oh my god" to myself like 3x lol. Like, holy crap, they're really going there and pulling it off.

Haha. Can't wait to read your thoughts, man. Please post 'em here! You got good taste. Also can't wait to just finally discuss with you all..

17. samsnee

samsnee Ok

Can we sticky this to the first page?

18. Spider-Fan

Stickied and added a poll

19. legendkillin

legendkillin Registered

Mysterio is my favorite villain in the Spider-Man movies so far. He was really well done and the illusions were great. I saw the movie midnight so I did get a bit tired at some points, plan to see again of course in case I missed some things. I say 8.5 right now, Mysterio was a 9. I really liked the end credit scenes I am expecting a wild 3rd movie.

ludovica likes this.
  20. Leo Zelinsky

Leo Zelinsky Mutie

I'm currently in the third act and I already wanna see this again

Spidey17, ludovica and Shuri like this.
  21. Jon Keegan

Jon Keegan Registered

Ok so I've been on this site basically creeping around and not saying anything since it was spiderman hype but, man, I just got back from seeing this movie and I gotta say, Mysterio, omg, absolutely perfect! I've been waiting to see him for so long and they nailed it spot on!
    The scene where he trapped Peter in the illusion was everything I ever hoped it would be!
    The entire movie itself was pretty entertaining. I love the dynamic between Peter and MJ, I still wish they would have just named her Mary Jane but its whatever at this point. Still no mention of uncle Ben but the initials on Peter's suitcase confirm that he did exist. I'm still a little bit put off by Peter basically being the next iron man but Tom Holland as both Peter and Spiderman is still the best portrayal of the character that we've seen on screen. 8.5 out of 10 from me. I really enjoyed this movie and I cant wait to watch it again.

#21 Jon Keegan, Jul 2, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2019
    Spidey17, Shuri and onetimeposter like this.
  22. MovieSlave

MovieSlave Registered

@Jon Keegan

You might want to spoiler tag that third sentence. Most of us fans are expecting that and know it's coming but the legit details of what goes down might ruin it for some.

MahvelBaby! likes this.
  23. Frodo

Frodo Registered

I'd give the film a A- to B+. While I think SMHC was a stronger film overall, I do consider this in the realm of the better Spiderman films such as Spiderman , Spiderman 2, SMHC , and Into the Spiderverse.

My gripes two gripes were the pacing in the first half ,and that alot of the jokes weren't as sharp and strong as SMHC, so alot of the lines didn't land as strong as they could have.

That said, the cast was great , lots of twists I didn't see coming, and its a fun ride.

As has been stated elsewhere, you should probably have seen Endgame, and you should stay for both after credits scenes.

I loved seeing JK Simmon's JJ , thus kinda confirming the multiverse concept set up in Into The Spiderverse, and I loved how Mysterio is the first Spiderman villain on screen to really get the last laugh on Peter. I can't wait to see how it sets things up for part 3 in the trilogy.

24. Ninjablade

Ninjablade Not as bad as it looks

Movie just ended, I’ll have a full review up later, but I quite liked it.

25. Filmfan93

Filmfan93 The Man in Black

This was so refreshing, fun and and a genuinely great CBM.

Mysterio absolutely stole the show! What a cool-looking, terrifying and a genuinely creative character.

Loved Holland - he cimented his place as the best Spidey so far here. His dynamic with MJ was perfect.

The mid-credit scene was jaw dropping. So
    is there a multi-verse, considering JK Simmons again plays JJ Jameson?

9.5/10

Spidey17, ludovica and Shuri like this.