• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

No Way Home Spider-Man: No Way Home Spoiler Discussion Thread

So....Just got done watching the movie and let a little time pass just to have to soak, gather my thoughts and all that. This is a really mixed bag for me. The best way to sum this experience up for me is that its EXACTLY what I thought it would be.

- Ned....Just.....Just Ned...God......

Sorry for the rant.
Yup....my review would be almost the same as yours. Holland, Maguire and Garfield propelled this movie to the next level. This movie would have been in a similar level to homecoming and FFH if Maguire and Garfield were not added to the cast. This would have been a mid-tier MCU movie and would probably be fighting with Shang chi for the best MCU movie of the year.

Good : Trinity. Nuff Said. It seems sony has resurrected the previous iterations of Spider-man with these castings.

Average : The villains. Norman was awesome but Doc Ock and Electro were average for me. Lizard and Sandman seem to be here to make up numbers it seems. There are lots of plot holes i can go in regarding the villains...but i shall just put it to "Some $hit happen between the movies for the villains to act this way"

Bad : I highlighted it. Ned. I understand there is a need to give side characters more to do in sequels (those damn agents negotiating for bigger roles) but they really went all Darcy Lewis on him. Ned was quite funny in the 1st movie. He was Ok in FFH. It just seems Ned overload in this movie. BTW i thought NED was used perfectly in infinity war. 1 minute scene. funny as hell. That should be the key.

And how did he open portals so easily ? Although i have mentioned this before but it has to said again. Strange went through $hit to open portals and Ned is doing in rather easily ? It was 10 times worse than when he was hacking the spiderman suit in homecoming just went a laptop.

All in all, this is an above average spider-man movie. It is still not as good as SM2 (not many are) but is a solid 2nd when it comes to all of the spidey movies due to Holland, Maguire and Garfield.

If Sony does another sequel with holland (especially one that has him clashing with venom) i hope they get another director. Jon Watts is good but his movies are not in the top category like Iron Man1, TWS, CW, IW, EG and even Thor : Ragnork.

Last edited:
I'm not exaggerating when I say the most hyped I got during this film was when I saw Peter move into that crappy apartment, build his own suit (Iron boy no more) and then swing around NY City in the snow.

The potential that we could be getting is very exciting. I think Feige took the critism to heart about the iron boy non sense. Also John Watts won't be directing.

They did not have to do my guy Tom Hardy that dirty at the end. I was pissed in my seat lol

Lol saw this comment on reddit:
20211217_020709.jpg

Actually very fitting for that incarnation of Venom to be flakey like that lol. Do wish we had a chance to see Tom Hardy interact with Tom Holland though. We'll see it though for sure in the near future.

So, are we now going to have two Venoms, Tom Hardy's one in the Sonyverse and some other actor's in the MCU?
And if Marvel decides that they don't want anymore Spiderman films, at least for now, how are they going to resolve the fact that a symbiote was left back and will probably find a new host and start eating people?

So, are we now going to have two Venoms, Tom Hardy's one in the Sonyverse and some other actor's in the MCU?
And if Marvel decides that they don't want anymore Spiderman films, at least for now, how are they going to resolve the fact that a symbiote was left back and will probably find a new host and start eating people?

They will make "black suit" story but different, just like before, I totally expect Tom to have black suit, but without Venom as the villain.

All of the villains were great, but Dafoe...man. The Green Goblin was bad in SM1, but he was so much worse here. Dafoe knocked it out of the park. Molina was more playful and a bit hammier here than he was in SM2 but he made it work. Foxx was a riot. Church and Ifans did well with what little screen time they each got (I actually like the Lizard now!). I haven't even processed Maguire and Garfield yet. As for the movie, I was kind of in a state of shock. I loved it but I think I need to see it again to truly appreciate it.

I think it deserves noting that Mysterio was one heck of a villain.

A week ago Peter was living his best life with the girl he loves, friends, loving Aunt, an Uncle figure in Happy, travelling Europe and being the hero...

And now, he is completely alone, he lost everything and everyone because of what Mysterio did.

Mysterio got us the return or Tobey and Andrew, and basically a complete reboot of the character for Toms version of the character.

Maybe JJJ had some points when he called him the best hero :cwink:

I wasn't paying attention during the credits and I forgot that I wanted to look out to see if Sam Raimi & Marc Webb got exec producer or special thanks credits. Anyone know?

So I've seen a few comments that the film introduces the MCU versions of Harry Osborn and Gwen Stacy, via college photo ID cards. Can anyone confirm if that's true?

I loved this movie. By far, the best of the trilogy (we don’t talk about the second one). Tom finally becomes Spider-Man at the end of this. It’s so depressing, yet full of so much heart.

It's interesting to note what stage of journey the 3 Spidey's are now in:

- Tobey has managed to move past his grief and is now at peace with himself and has a happy life with MJ.

- Andrew after this experience looks to finally move past his grief and leave the bitterness in the past, maybe even find his MJ.

- While Tom's Spidey I think has just entered the grief stage, I think that's where the black Symbiote is going to come in.

I expect a very bitter and lost Peter in the sequel, the Symbiote will definitely enhance that side of him.

I'm not exaggerating when I say the most hyped I got during this film was when I saw Peter move into that crappy apartment, build his own suit (Iron boy no more) and then swing around NY City in the snow.

The potential that we could be getting is very exciting. I think Feige took the critism to heart about the iron boy non sense. Also John Watts won't be directing.
Great. Nothing against Watts. I am sure he will do a great F4 movie (well...a great disney movie) but for spider-man i think we need someone different. If Raimi does an awesome job with doctor strange 2, then he would be my choice for spider-man home sweet home.(yeah...thats my title for the 4th movie).

Is there even a chance Zendaya and Jacob dont return for a new movie? I mean, they are both accepted from the MIT in Massachusetts while Peter is still in New York without a study place.

I really hope Zendaya is back in the sequel. I love, absolutely love their Peter/MJ relationship.

I stand by what I said earlier - Sony movies might have their flaws but in the end, their hands were the best. The best part of the movie were driven by the pre-MCU aspects of Spider Man and the worst aspects of the movie were the mcu aspects - May, Ned and MJ

Last edited:
Peter and MJ's relationship is bigger than any one storyline.

They even setup it up for the sequel when MJ says if Peter wont tell her, she'll just figure it out again.

She'll be back. Ned, probably not so.

It was an emotional Rollercoaster...so many Amazing..Spectacular..Sensational moments (see what I did there lol) but anyway, I am excited for Tom's future as classic Spidey returns!

2 minor complaints

Ned...I just never liked him lol

And you set up in Homecoming and FFH about Avengers tower...I really was hoping for the reveal of who bought it...Hawkeye mentioned it too in his show and now establishing that Oscorp doesn't exist AND with Watts directing F4, I was hoping to hear that Richards bought it and it became the Baxter Building

I’ll be watching it a second time today…Maybe I will see something different because the positivity and best Spider-Man/superhero movie ever comments are just off the charts. I really want to love this movie bad.

I feel like maybe everyone else saw a directors cut Synder version of this movie and mine was edited by the studio Lol….

I’ll be watching it a second time today…Maybe I will see something different because the positivity and best Spider-Man/superhero movie ever comments are just off the charts. I really want to love this movie bad.

I feel like maybe everyone else saw a directors cut Synder version of this movie and mine was edited by the studio Lol….

It's all subjective, there are a lot of movies that might be universally or largely celebrated, but don't click for some. I know I certainly have my fair share of those.

Last edited:
On the topic of Andrew Garfield because enough can never be said about him….It seems to me like he took some of this role personal. It’s like he was out to prove a point that he didn’t really have to prove. Dude we get it, you’re the man. Relax lol. I didn’t really need any convincing cause the guy won me over in his movies. All he did this time around was verify things I already knew. Glad to see other people getting on board with him.

Please don’t let this be the last time we see him.

God I would love a movie with him and Hardy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"