The Amazing Spider-Man Spider-Man to appear in S.H.I.E.L.D. TV series?

Discussion in 'The Amazing Spider-Man Movies' started by Picard Sisko, Aug 29, 2012.

?

Will Spider-Man ever make an appearance on Joss Whedon's new series?

1. Yes, definitely!

2. Its possible.

3. Very unlikely.

4. Definitely not!

5. Maybe just a mention...

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. UltimateWebhead Black's the new Red&Blue

I agree.

[​IMG]

Erroneous! Erroneous on all counts!

2. Jick Auxiliary Assistant

As long as they make it interesting.

It's either a show about SHIELD or SHIELD and its mighty heroes. Apparently, it seems to be the first.

3. Spider - Man Registered

My personal feeling is that they should not do it. I prefer a big screen Spidey. I don't want to open the door to cheaper production values that could possibly lead them to focusing more on small screen spidey than big screen.

Off subject, but dude, you have over 3200 posts since May?!! :wow:

4. Picard Sisko Prepare to be Assimilated

I am not taking it personally. I just think there is nothing wrong with referencing him in this show.

Blade did not start the trend of superhero films that we have today. It only grossed 132 million worldwide, and had mixed reviews. It did inspire for Fox to make an X-Men film, which was the first critically acclaimed comic book film since Batman Returns. Then Spider-Man was created, with even more success financially and critically, and then we had a huge wave of comic book movies right after: Hulk, Daredevil, X2, Spider-Man 2, Batman Begins, Fantastic 4, X3, etc etc. After the success of X-Men and Spider-Man, studios really saw comic book movies as something big and profitable.

#29 Picard Sisko, Aug 29, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2012
  5. ©KAW Registered

Translation: It all started with BLADE.

Before you can have a second and third, you must have a first. Sure X-Men/Spidey were bigger films, but they were not the first to kick off the comic book genre after its depletion.

6. Spidey_62 He stinks and I don't like him!

I was wondering about this as well, because Spidey is in a very unique situation here. Marvel owns the television rights to Spider-Man now, so in the new Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon produced by them Spidey interacts with everybody in the Marvel U. But Sony owns the film rights. Does live action television count or what?

7. marcvader Lurker #1

No Spidey cameo or whatever in SHIELD show. Plenty of good reasons why not on this page alone.

8. TheHeatKitchen Registered

I couldn't disagree more. there are a TON of things wrong with it.

You would have two versions of Spider-Man out there in existence simultaneously, which would confuse more casual fans.

You don't want to give die hard fans the illusion of a Marvel made Spider-Man film to tie into the Avengers saga when that can't legally happen.

Even if you just mention him, it would be a terrible tease to the fans without being able to make them happy, either by letting him actually appear in the show or the film idea I mentioned before.

Spider-Man is too deep of a character to have thrown into a TV series without the proper backstory/origin film already in place... if he were planned to actually appear.

If he was the actually appear, Spider-Man would steal the show from the rest of the characters, which means you might as well make it a Spider-Man show instead of a SHIELD show.

Personally I think Spider-Man would be cheesy to have on TV. He's set for big landscapes that could only legitimately appear in a cinematic production.

But the biggest thing is you dont want to tease the fans with what they want and not give it to them. You're just setting yourself up to disappoint your loyal fans. That's a terrible idea.

Again, just my opinion.

9. VenomSpawn WAAAAAAAAA

It'll probably be Drake Bell reprising his role as Spidey from the Ultimate Spider-Man series, because of all the SHIELD prevalence in that show :D :D :D :D

10. AF3619 You´re those Spider-guys!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. Spidey_62 He stinks and I don't like him!

Yeah, Spidey wouldn't and probably shouldn't be on a SHIELD show but I'm just wondering if it could actually be possible.

12. spidergeek232 I'm Not A Loser

I would love Andrew Garfield's Spidey to be in the SHIELD TV show! Like Picard said, Spidey would be able to be in the Avengers sequel. Andrew has stated he would want to be in the Avengers.

13. spiderliam Registered

Because he's a member of the team...

14. Dr Tactics Ill Brova

My Opinion is..

Should Spider-Man make a appearance? Not totally opposed to it but it's unnecessary cause Spider-Man even Daredevil, Punisher (I'll get into him later) etc are street level heroes who are the responsibility of local law enforcement and currently pose no world,national or cosmic threat so they can be on SHEILD's radar but not needed in their current story(If those threats are the only ones they deal with).

Now Punisher (Frank Castle) I'd love to be a SHEILD Training Instructor that after the murder of his family while on leave or recent retirement and the subsequent injustice in the courts make him snap and he becomes a loose cannon in the streets and one of SHEILD's own. If they were to go that angle them maybe a Spider-Man appearance makes sense as well as other street level, meta-human (Daredevil, Heroes for Hire, etc) can make a appearance. Then they wouldn't just be focused on world threat but a threat from their ranks in the streets and walk a tightrope of national and local law enforcement.. Then more Marvel Characters could be included

15. OP84CC82 Registered

Spider-Man belongs on his own, I don't want to see him fighting alongside the Avengers or the X-Men. Because in truth, Spider-Man to me is the other Daredevil in the sense that he really is an outcast when compared to other characters in the Marvel universe. He deserves his own TV series considering there is so much to pull from. Not anytime soon, but at least in 10 to 20 years, or whenever movie-quality CG can be affordable for a TV production.

16. SpiderBat Registered

Another actor in a different (but similar, cheaper for TV) costume would be great.

Spider Man is bigger than this or any other related film. They can use him twice and get away with it - IF handled right.

17. GRangerPrimeNYC AgentGodzillaRangerPrime

I hate how every time a topic like this pops up, narrow minded people keep thinking this will automatically mean Spider-Man will ruin their dear Avengers by mingling with them, even though that's not the case.

It's about having him in the same ****ing universe. It won't have to dilute his stories either.
    There isn't even anything wrong with him having a cameo or appearance anywhere either.

Just make a very brief mention that there's a Spider-Man in the MCU somewhere and be done with it, so most people would be happy and complainers can shut their mouths for a while.

Oh, and the first page is full of trolling.

#42 GRangerPrimeNYC, Sep 3, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2012
  18. Llama_Shepherd Registered

I'd have no problem if SHIELD are looking into recruiting more extraordinary people, and they suggest Spider-Man but then someone says he's just a kid, and he's not ready, then they can have a cameo of him swinging through the skyline of NYC.

Because, then it leaves the door open for negotiation for a cameo in the MCU proper, but there is also an in continuity explanation that he does exist, but isn't ready for the Avengers.

19. GRangerPrimeNYC AgentGodzillaRangerPrime

20. LegendAssemble Registered

why does it deserve better than a 6? The movie doesn't have a consistent plot and the only positives are the actors. The thing I keep hearing being praised is how he had webshooters and made jokes, which Spider-Man should have/do, but if he didn't crack a few jokes and had organic webbing, the movie would have been exactly the same so these are hardly capable of saving it. I mean it's not a bad movie but it's not "Amazing" given the history Spider-Man has and the complexity of the character this movie really should have been a lot better.

21. LegendAssemble Registered

Also Oscorp tower nearly made it into the Avengers, Sony is willing to work with Marvel if it's going to be profitable. So I doubt they'd make their own version of Spidey. Given that knowledge you can pretty much take it that Spider-Man is a part of the MCU.

22. ©KAW Registered

Still no.

23. Mysteryman Registered

The chances of it happening are very slim.
    At least not for another two years .