The Amazing Spider-Man A live-action Spider-Man TV series

The day they can pull off Doc Ock on a TV budget is the day they can make this show.

I have an idea to make Spiderman into a live action TV series. 10 seasons. 22 episodes per season.

Main Villains per season-

Season One: Doctor Octopus
Season Two: The Kingpin
Season Three: Green Goblin (Norman)
Season Four: The Lizard
Season Five: Mysterio
Season Six: Sinister Six (Doctor Octopus, Electro, Sandman, Rhino, Mysterio, Kraven)
Season Seven: Hobgoblin (Spiderman is wearing black suit and ends with him getting rid of it and Eddie Brock gaining it)
Season Eight: First Half is Venom, Second Half is Carnage, End is Venom and Carnage until the final episode when Venom teams up with Spiderman
Season Nine: Alistair Smythe
Season Ten: Green Goblin (Harry)

The very first episode will be a retelling of how he got his spider powers and him searching for the man that killed his uncle and the second episode will feature the first villain..Chameleon

One hour long episodes..40 something minutes if you take out commercials

J. Jonah Jameson will start out as a reporter with his father as editor in chief and throughout the first couple seasons he will take his fathers position. and i will have explanations as to why he doesn't trust Spiderman.

i will have other heroes make appearances including Human Torch, Daredevil, Hulk, Luke Cage, Wolverine and i chose Human Torch because i wanted atleast one of the Fantastic Four..not all because its too much and to put in Mr. Fantastic you might as well have all, Invisible woman is kinda boring and The Thing, i already have the Hulk so Human Torch wins. And I wouldn't really have to add on to add these characters. Hulk..he can be a villain for an episode..a man with an uncontrollable monster hidden inside of him to which Norman brings the Hulk out. Luke Cage already has a part in the Spiderman Universe..as do they all but i'll be using the EXACT storyline as from the comics where J. Jonah Jameson sends Luke Cage to take down Spiderman. Daredevil has a friendship with Spiderman plus The Kingpin. Human Torch also has spiderman history and could be played off as someone spiderman thinks is a bad guy until he actually meets Johnny. Wolverine is a mystery and lone superhero basically so no add ons needed. When i bring in the Sinister Twelve who will be ran by Harry rather than Norman cuz once he dies..hes dead..i don't want the whole hes dead hes back hes dead again crap. but when i bring in the Sinister Twelve, these heroes will help Spiderman..kindof my own Avengers for this series. It will end with Spiderman revealing to the world he is Peter Parker and Also revealing the Green Goblin is Harry. in the comics he did that to Norman but...norman is dead in my series. I have ALOT more ideas..i just dont feel like writing all of them lol but i will share with those who wanna know my other ideas

I have an idea to make Spiderman into a live action TV series. 10 seasons. 22 episodes per season.

Main Villains per season-

Season One: Doctor Octopus
Season Two: The Kingpin
Season Three: Green Goblin (Norman)
Season Four: The Lizard
Season Five: Mysterio
Season Six: Sinister Six (Doctor Octopus, Electro, Sandman, Rhino, Mysterio, Kraven)
Season Seven: Hobgoblin (Spiderman is wearing black suit and ends with him getting rid of it and Eddie Brock gaining it)
Season Eight: First Half is Venom, Second Half is Carnage, End is Venom and Carnage until the final episode when Venom teams up with Spiderman
Season Nine: Alistair Smythe
Season Ten: Green Goblin (Harry)

The very first episode will be a retelling of how he got his spider powers and him searching for the man that killed his uncle and the second episode will feature the first villain..Chameleon

One hour long episodes..40 something minutes if you take out commercials

J. Jonah Jameson will start out as a reporter with his father as editor in chief and throughout the first couple seasons he will take his fathers position. and i will have explanations as to why he doesn't trust Spiderman.

i will have other heroes make appearances including Human Torch, Daredevil, Hulk, Luke Cage, Wolverine and i chose Human Torch because i wanted atleast one of the Fantastic Four..not all because its too much and to put in Mr. Fantastic you might as well have all, Invisible woman is kinda boring and The Thing, i already have the Hulk so Human Torch wins. And I wouldn't really have to add on to add these characters. Hulk..he can be a villain for an episode..a man with an uncontrollable monster hidden inside of him to which Norman brings the Hulk out. Luke Cage already has a part in the Spiderman Universe..as do they all but i'll be using the EXACT storyline as from the comics where J. Jonah Jameson sends Luke Cage to take down Spiderman. Daredevil has a friendship with Spiderman plus The Kingpin. Human Torch also has spiderman history and could be played off as someone spiderman thinks is a bad guy until he actually meets Johnny. Wolverine is a mystery and lone superhero basically so no add ons needed. When i bring in the Sinister Twelve who will be ran by Harry rather than Norman cuz once he dies..hes dead..i don't want the whole hes dead hes back hes dead again crap. but when i bring in the Sinister Twelve, these heroes will help Spiderman..kindof my own Avengers for this series. It will end with Spiderman revealing to the world he is Peter Parker and Also revealing the Green Goblin is Harry. in the comics he did that to Norman but...norman is dead in my series. I have ALOT more ideas..i just dont feel like writing all of them lol but i will share with those who wanna know my other ideas

:huh: Really not sure about that, I absolutely love your set up for the seasons though (villains and all). :woot:

You know, a live action Spider-Man series could be very exicting. I think I understand when people say it would be very expensive. I mean I don't think you can do Spider-Man swinging around unless you have a decent budget. But I think they could comprimise, they could just show him swinging from one building to the next (with wires) and when it comes to villains and fighting go with the idea the OP had of setting it in Oscorp, where wierd things happen, mostly people getting powers through accidents etc. If they go the mutant angle like Smallville they do not need a ton og CGI and they can use mostly the character in make-up, etc.

I think it would be a good chance to create all the inter-linked relationships in Peter's life and really focus on that, since they wouldn't have the budget to focus on the theatrics. I do think however, this would be a long time in the future. I think some said Smallville had great effects for a TV show, especially in the early years. Christopher Reeve said an effects scene that would have taken over a month to accomplish in 1977 they were able to produce in a week-by-week TV show on Smallville, which is all down to how fast and updated CGI effects can be over the years.

With that in mind, who knows, maybe one day they will be able to produce effects like what we see in the Raimi movies in say 2025 on a weekly TV budget. One can only hope.

A lot of TV shows that use CGI right now look like they were created in the late 1980's and the early 1990's, maybe even the late 1990's and early 2000's. Imagine how far technology will advance in 10-15 years?

The day they can make a show like this with 22 episodes per season then my 5 seasons plan i basically adapting 25 issues per season, well, not strictly, but the first season would basically adapt the first 28 issues (not panel for panel obviously, and he wouldn't fight Dr.Doom).

Season 2 would end with spidey giving up and Season 3 would have the Kingpin as a major player. The end of the plan would be Gwen Stacy's death in the 5th season, after that they could break out of the 25 issues per season and go with the stories they think are worth adapting.

One of the biggest concerns with any superhero show, especially one with this much big-time action every week, is safety. One of the things that big budgets afford is the the time and care to create those elaborate action scenes without killing everyone involved. With TV, you have less of that to go around each week.

One of the biggest concerns with any superhero show, especially one with this much big-time action every week, is safety. One of the things that big budgets afford is the the time and care to create those elaborate action scenes without killing everyone involved. With TV, you have less of that to go around each week.
The show would focus more on character development than action scenes. The villains could be less powerful, like Kingpin, Silvermane, Black Cat, etc. that do not require special effects.

Considering Marvel owns the TV rights to Spider-Man, and they just announced 4 new mysterious shows, does anyone think Spidey could be one of them? Theoretically it would be a good move if they did it right. Make a good show that puts all the Sony stuff to shame, Sony goes downhill as a result, and they get the movie rights back.

Make a good show that puts all the Sony stuff to shame, Sony goes downhill as a result, and they get the movie rights back.
Granted, TASM 2 hasn't come out yet, but generally speaking, all four films so far have been pretty well received.

I'd love, LOVE a Spidey TV series, like X-Men, I think the drama unfolds much better as a series, where high school shenanigans and other melodrama not only belongs, but where you can focus on it properly instead of finding ways to distill into thirty minutes of dialogue.

"Peter Parker: Spider-Man"

My Pitch:

Buffy meets Adventures of Lois and Clark meets Amazing Spider-Man, with heavy inspiration from Spectacular Spider-Man (cartoon) and Ultimate Spider-Man (the comics), but also inspiration from other similar premises, like Invincible (Image Comics) and Smallville (tv show).

This show would focus squarely on Peter Parker, as a person. This would include his family life, his life with his friends, and his incredible adventures as Spider-Man. It tracks him as he journeys from a relatively normal gifted and misunderstood student into a peerless hero. This focus on his personal life will always be the crux of the show, no matter who comes and goes, Peter's personal life is the star.

The SFX Solution:

Everything would be done practically. The key would be a top notch stunt and fight team, with experience and innovation and skill in rigging and wirework that can allow Spider-Man to leap and dodge in superhuman ways. This will be made much easier as in costume, an experienced stuntman can be Spider-Man. This includes practical webbing solutions (though camera tricks would be what make it appear to come from his wrists), prosthetics for all the villains, and even things like puppeteered Doc Ock tentacles. Some villains that absolutely demand CGI to be done any justice, such as Sandman would have dramatically toned down powers, while other villains who demand great CGI to be done any justice, like Hydroman, simply wouldn't appear.

The Cast

Mostly young and attractive, as always. Everyone from comics would appear as a guest or recurring character, but the main characters would be:

Peter Parker
Gwen Stacy
Harry Osborn
Hobie Brown
Flash Thompson
Aunt May
Norman Osborn
J. Jonah Jameson
George Stacy

The First Season/Show Identity:

The first season would, like the Ultimate Comics, decompress his origin. Uncle Ben would survive at least four episodes, as we delve into Parker's personal life and all his mistakes as he deals with his life before the Spider-bite, being sick, begins an amateur wrestling career, and at first passes on the idea of being a hero, then you have Uncle Ben dying, the whole thing with that, and his lessons of responsibility that Peter has been ignoring sink in. He begins to try and be a hero, and he really really sucks at it. He doesn't understand his powers, he doesn't understand crime, or criminals, the only reason he's alive is he starts to understand his Spider-sense, but even then, it's never quite clear to him what to do when his Spider sense goes off. All this gets to be explored. Some of them would be pre-power versions of later foes (Spectacular Spidey style) some episodes wouldn't have a villain, but a problem caused by some supporting cast member, or by Parker himself. Sometimes there'd be a Daily Bugle assignment that went into strange territory. By the time we see the Season 1 mid-season finale, we see him take on The Vulture, and finally get a solid victory, but mostly by luck. This paves the way for Osborn to take Toomes' flight tech though.

The rest of the season continues as he learns to deal with criminals and the Green Lantern and we see just a few lower level supervillains, like Tombstone, Chameleon, Kraven the Hunter and the Enforcers as the Green Goblin is built up. Norman Osborn creates the perfect being and it is him. This, as you can imagine, leads to a dramatic conflict. By the end of the Season, Norman is forced to take a vacation to recover from a severe Spidey-sized beatdown, while Peter and Gwen have cut each other off. The season ends with someone (off screen) at the door saying 'Face it Tiger, you just hit the jackpot.'

Season 2 and Onwards

Season 2 Picks up the Pace and now instead of Toomes vs Osborn, it's Green Goblin working with Doc Ock, with Spider-Man caught in the middle. This also introduces Mary Jane, the girl at the door, and she is very attractive, and she likes Peter, so then there's this triangle between MJ and Gwen with Peter in the middle. Those two conflicts, and how they mirror form the heart of season 2, as Doc Ock, like in Spectacular Spider-Man slowly builds an squadron of super powered fiends, that Spider-Man keeps having to contend with.

From there adapting the following stories:
Season 3: Sinister Six/Death of Gwen Stacy
Season 4: Symbiote Saga/Maximum Carnage
Season 5: Clone Saga/Spider-Man No More
Season 6: Avenging Spider-Man
Season 7: Superior Spider-Man/One More/Brand New Day
Season 8: Spider-Island/Invasion of the Spider-Slayers
Season 9: Shattered Dimensions/Spider-Man 2099
Season 10: Miles Morales

I think a TV series would be great and all but would that be too much with all with TASM movie coming out? It would have to be well executed with the success of the previous films.

Have you all seen the Spider-fans page? http://spiderfans.socialtoaster.com/

I've already won TASM PS3 game through it. And you can win a trip to TASM2 world premier.

If done right I think this would be an awesome idea. Not even getting to villains, but let's just look at the supporting cast alone.

Nobody has the supporting cast as great as classic Spider-man. To expand and develop the relationships Peter has with not just May, Gwen, MJ Harry, Norman and JJJ, but also Flash, Ned Leeds, Betty Brant, Liz Allen, Robbie, Dr Conners, Capt. Jean DeWolff, Gloria Grant, Professor Miles Warren, and the list goes on and on.

No other character is as "soap opera" as Spidey...I think done right it would be a massive hit. You could really have a great action/drama here with bites of comedy (not overdone).

If done right I think this would be an awesome idea. Not even getting to villains, but let's just look at the supporting cast alone.

Nobody has the supporting cast as great as classic Spider-man. To expand and develop the relationships Peter has with not just May, Gwen, MJ Harry, Norman and JJJ, but also Flash, Ned Leeds, Betty Brant, Liz Allen, Robbie, Dr Conners, Capt. Jean DeWolff, Gloria Grant, Professor Miles Warren, and the list goes on and on.

No other character is as "soap opera" as Spidey...I think done right it would be a massive hit. You could really have a great action/drama here with bites of comedy (not overdone).

:up:

Spidey hands down has the strongest non-superpowered supporting cast in comics: consisting of a colorful group of relatable individuals befitting a city like New York. The films love to focus on the spectacle and the action, but a long drawn out television series (Smallville style) would be a great opportunity to capture all of the interesting dynamics and intricate relationships that Peter Parker has with those characters in the comics, and even give some of them story arcs that develop throughout the course of the series. They could call it "Web of Spider-man".

:up:

Spidey hands down has the strongest non-superpowered supporting cast in comics: consisting of a colorful group of relatable individuals befitting a city like New York. The films love to focus on the spectacle and the action, but a long drawn out television series (Smallville style) would be a great opportunity to capture all of the interesting dynamics and intricate relationships that Peter Parker has with those characters in the comics, and even give some of them story arcs that develop throughout the course of the series. They could call it "Web of Spider-man".

:highfive:

I love the name "Web of Spider-man" for a project like this.

Serious though, this is the only way to go to truly and fully explore all of those relationships and do them justice.

What about if they had a show that revolved around Kingpin and some of Spider-Man's lower rouge gallery of villains? You could introduce people like Silvermane, Hydro-Man, Shocker, Morbius and Jackal?

Chameleon could also be used at some point.

You could also do a little foreshadowing of people like Norman Osborn and Otto Octavius.

Last edited:
I'd rather he stick solely to movies. There is no way they can make it work with such a low budget. Sorry but the CW superhero shows look like **** and the acting is **** IMO. Spidey needs a big budget to be done properly. The cartoon are fine though.

I wouldn't mind seeing a live action series which could eventually lead to films, but that would work best in the Disney MCU. I'd actually prefer if the series began with a 16 year old Peter already Spiderman for a year or so. You could of course have the characters like Gwen, Flash, Harry, and MJ, in addition to characters who would likely never make it to the films.

Right off the bat, i'd cast Colin Ford(Under the Dome) as Peter Parker, Robbie Kay(Once Upon a Time) as Harry Osborn, Brett Cullen(Person of Interest, The Dark Knight Rises) as Norman Osborn and Mads Milkelson(Hannibal) guest starring ,as Doc Ock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"