• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Spider-Who's Fan Art

Here's another update. I pretty much did everything new since the last post tonight. It's good to step away from stuff for a little while (so long as you eventually get back to it!)

I'm ALMOST done with this piece. Just some more detail work here and there (ie: damage to walls, little bit of detail work on the floor and some overall color/light tweaking). Let me know what you guys think so far!

miranda_10.jpg

.....and here is the FINISHED piece. I had a lot of fun with this. Think I might try Garrus next!

8a65c84d3f9c11d2bceb17dd54df0c40-d4js19i.jpg

alrighty....i finished inking and started coloring. Just flat colors for now. I'll build up textures and lighting/shadows as i go.

I'm not going to be too concerned with inking details of the background, since i want to keep the focus on miranda, but i'll color enough of them in so people understand the location.

miranda8.jpg

brilliant

Hey Spider-Who?, I was just gonna tell you, A: that's amazing. and B: I tried out Illustrator and now my lines are smoooooth.:D

Hey Spider-Who?, I was just gonna tell you, A: that's amazing. and B: I tried out Illustrator and now my lines are smoooooth.:D

Thanks! Ha, yeah illustrator will do that. I personally hate that program, but good on you for being able to use it!

Well I personally hate the interface, but I can get smooth lines out of it, so I have to take what I can get.:p then I take it into photoshop and color it.

Hey, no worries. You're in good company. A lot of people do that. With my style, I probably should too, but I'm kind of a "uphill battle" kinda guy, lol. Gotta make everything difficult for myself.

Haha, I getcha. It's weird cause my lines are smooth on paper, and in illustrator, but not in photoshop.

Well in illustrator, the lines are automatically smoothed out (a feature tat can be adjusted); an advantage with vector-based drawings that photoshop doesn't have.

aaaah, makes sense. I use illustrator for cartoons, but pencil and paper for most other stuff.

Here's a new image! It took me about 4 hours to do (was trying to keep it quick and simple).

amazing_spider_man_blue_by_fuzzydrawings-d4npmy6.jpg

And here's a variant with red and black colors.

amazing_spider_man_black_by_fuzzydrawings-d4npn3h.jpg

I would just like to formally say, HOLY CRAP YOU'RE AWESOME.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"