Spider-Woman...Just Because

Muze said:
he did hook up with that; according to Carol Danvers.

Hearsay is fun and all, but some actual artwork with the two sharing some quality time would have been better.

Muze said:
i like Jessica Drew just fine but Julia Carpenter had the cooler powers and an, arguably, more eye-fetching costume (so good that it inspired Venom's).

Actually Spiderman first sported that look.Amazing Spiderman#252 came out 7 months before Julia made her appearance in Secret Wars #6.
It was like the 52 store line from DC comics. But instead of a full year taking place between the story it all happened in a matter of days.

Zeu said:
Hearsay is fun and all, but some actual artwork with the two sharing some quality time would have been better.

All drawn by Frank Cho!!!:woot:

Lol, for kicks. Didn't do too good a job, but hard to retrace pencil lines in photoshop. Coulda done a much better job on paper, but don't have a scanner, anyway a colored (not great) version -

EdBenescolor.jpg

Edit - Oops forgot a line by her shoulder lol, oh well too lazy to mess with, and need to go to sleep :).

Edit wasn't working, oh well fixed, nothing major lol

EdBenescolor-1.jpg

sto_vo_kor_2000 said:
Actually Spiderman first sported that look.Amazing Spiderman#252 came out 7 months before Julia made her appearance in Secret Wars #6.
It was like the 52 store line from DC comics. But instead of a full year taking place between the story it all happened in a matter of days.

That may be true in publishing chronology. But in Secret Wars, if memory holds, when Spidey gets the new costume, he's surprised by the look of it, and even remarks that it must have been influenced by Spider-Woman.

iloveclones said:
That may be true in publishing chronology. But in Secret Wars, if memory holds, when Spidey gets the new costume, he's surprised by the look of it, and even remarks that it must have been influenced by Spider-Woman.

Your memory is right as far as the story go's but the look was designed for Peter first.I thought that the first poster about this was implying that it was done for Spidermoman 2 from a creative stand point.

That's true, in the sense that: why would the symbiote choose that kind of spider design, why wouldn't just be all black, or replicate Pete's red and blues? So in the real world, creatively, it was all about putting Pete in a new (and marketable) costume. And that's why it debuted in ASM. BUT, in the fictional MU, Pete "ripped off" Spider-Woman, intentionally or not. Because she was clearly wearing it "first."

So, is the Spider-Woman ongoing happening? I just bought the Origins TPB and I want more!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"