World SpiderMan 3 Graphic Novel

Why are comic adaptations of movies automatically bad? I know of plenty that were actually pretty good. I mean, if you're complaining about the story, they have to follow a strict guidline. What else is there to complain about with you guys? Art? For the most part it is on the money. Batman 1989, BEGINS, Superman Returns, and a few others will all pretty damn good comic adaptations.

I agree, the Batman 1989 adaption was pretty awesome. However, I also agree that the last two Spiderman ones felt pretty rushed. I hope this one is good.

I agree, the Batman 1989 adaption was pretty awesome. However, I also agree that the last two Spiderman ones felt pretty rushed. I hope this one is good.

Oh come on, the Batman adaption merely looked great. It is no fun to read. How many times have you actually read it all the way through?

Why are comic adaptations of movies automatically bad? I know of plenty that were actually pretty good. I mean, if you're complaining about the story, they have to follow a strict guidline. What else is there to complain about with you guys? Art? For the most part it is on the money. Batman 1989, BEGINS, Superman Returns, and a few others will all pretty damn good comic adaptations.

The art tends to be terrible. You're right about the story, they are working with someone else's script, but my complaint there is that they chop out huge amounts of the story in order to fit it into 48 pages.

I can't recall seeing the adaptation for SM1, but I do remember seeing the adaptation for SM2 and didn't buy it, for the reasons mentioned above.

The best comic adaptations ever -- Star Wars and The Empire Strikes Back. 6 issues apiece. Great art. The stories were wonderfully retold -- they included the full story and then some! (A little bit was changed here and there to be sure but that was because they were preparing the comics so far in advance that things in the script changed by the time the comics were published.) By the time Jedi rolled around, they cut it to 4 issues; the art was still good but they cut some of the story. Since Jedi had a LOT of action, they probably couldn't fill endless panels with spaceships and Ewoks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"