Spiderman 3/Linkin Park crossover :What I've Done

vyperman7

Civilian
Reaction score
This is a crossover video I created using Linkin Park's video for "What I've Done" mixed with scenes from the film Spiderman 3. Even though I didn't really care for the film, the song fits extremely well and when the song is mixed with highlights from the movie, it works.

Spoiler Warning... Reveals major plot elements of the film. If you haven't seen this movie, this is your warning...

Cut on Avid Media Composer

http://youtube.com/watch?v=g_ku2VcaSrA

Thanks everyone. I am happy that you enjoyed my video. Like I said in my original post, I wasn't a big fan of S3. But the song is so perfect for the film that it gave me the inspiration I needed to create the video. I didn't used to be a fan of crossover videos. However, they have really grown on me. It is also easier from an editing standpoint, because scenes with the band, is less time you have to spend editing material from the movie. It is a lot less time consuming to sync up the LP video to a high quality MP3, then it is to take scenes from the film.. :) Plus, when you edit an actual music video with band footage, you don't really have to tell that much of a story with your editing. It is basically just a highlight reel of moments from the movie. Editing an entire montage of source footage is more time consuming because you have to tell a story with your images. But not so much in an actual music vid.

Thanks again!

Does this deserve its own thread?

Does this deserve its own thread?

I didn't think there was a problem with creating a thread for the video. I always check first to see if there is a general thread for videos. There wasn't one. Then after skimming through the forum, I saw that someone else started a thread for a Venom video here... http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=291299 Obviously since my video isn't a Venom character study, and covers the film in general, it didn't fit there. Hence the reason why I started my own thread.

Since there wasn't any general video thread, and somebody else started a thread for a video, I thought it would be OK.
Just out of curiousity, why does it bother you that I started a thread anyways?

It's okay, you don't have to explain yourself. Also, thanks for the link, it was an awesome video.

Why couldn't you use a better song than a LP one?

Well it all comes down to two things for me.

1) How well the song fits the film. The song has lyrics that fit the theme of the film to a tee. I am not the only one that thinks so either. There are tons of Spiderman 3 videos on YouTube that have been done to this song. Usually I try to avoid using mainstream/cliche songs that have been overused for a particular theme. But in this case I made an exception because of how well the song fits, and because of the fact I managed to get my hands on the actual video.

2) Personal Taste - I actually enjoy the song. I have been a fan of LP for years. For me it was a win/win because the lyrics fit, and I like the song.

You are entitled to your opinion, so it's all good. I know the song isn't for everyone. But even if you hate the song, you still have to admit that the lyrics fit the film extremely well, which is why I chose it, and why others have as well.

It's okay, you don't have to explain yourself. Also, thanks for the link, it was an awesome video.

Thanks for the compliment I appreciate it. I also appreciate the support as well. Glad to hear that you enjoyed my video. It is funny because I thought that pretty much everyone would enjoy the song because of how much it has been used, and with how popular it is. On YouTube, the original video for "What I've Done" has like 30,000,000 viewers, and 6 honors including "12th Most Viewed all time" and "5th Top Favorited of all time".

But there have been a few people that haven't liked the song. Oh well..

Well it all comes down to two things for me.

1) How well the song fits the film. The song has lyrics that fit the theme of the film to a tee. I am not the only one that thinks so either. There are tons of Spiderman 3 videos on YouTube that have been done to this song. Usually I try to avoid using mainstream/cliche songs that have been overused for a particular theme. But in this case I made an exception because of how well the song fits, and because of the fact I managed to get my hands on the actual video.

2) Personal Taste - I actually enjoy the song. I have been a fan of LP for years. For me it was a win/win because the lyrics fit, and I like the song.

The only LP song I enjoyed was the remix they did with Chali 2na.

And that is why this forum has gone to hell...because everyone thinks they deserve their own thread for a fan edit or manip. No offense to the thread starter because he isn't the first or the last person to do it.

This has now become the X3 forums and in a few months, only a few die hard lovers will post in here and the top threads will all be like this.

And that is why this forum has gone to hell...because everyone thinks they deserve their own thread for a fan edit or manip. No offense to the thread starter because he isn't the first or the last person to do it.

This has now become the X3 forums and in a few months, only a few die hard lovers will post in here and the top threads will all be like this.

That's the circle of life here at this forum, I suppose. Look at it this way, there is nothing left to discuss. Everything has been discussed before, and everything is simply a repeat.

That's the circle of life here at this forum, I suppose. Look at it this way, there is nothing left to discuss. Everything has been discussed before, and everything is simply a repeat.
I am only letting you off because of your Tim and Eric Awesome Show. Great Job! avatar:o

I don't have a problem with Linkin Park, but I do wonder why they're so frequently the band of choice for fan edits of Hollywood action movies.

It's hard to feel the music when it's being drilled in.

Nice work, regardless. You just might want to look into expanding your horizons.
=)

-Vaportrail

I don't have a problem with Linkin Park, but I do wonder why they're so frequently the band of choice for fan edits of Hollywood action movies.

Nice work, regardless. You just might want to look into expanding your horizons.
=)

-Vaportrail

Exactly...so many better bands and artists out there then Linkin Park or 50 Cent and they're only cool because they're "known"...listen to some underground bands/MCs and they might learn a thing or two.

-Vaportrail

The only other LP song I ever used was Numb for a Smallville video I did years and years ago. I do agree that LP is overused. I also usually try to avoid mainstream/cliche choices for videos. But with how well the lyrics fit, I had to use it. That is the main reason why I chose it. Some of you may not like the song itself, but if you listen to the lyrics, you have to admit they really fit the theme of the movie.

It is funny that you feel I need to broaden my musical horizons because I am a fan of all types of music from 80's to Metal (with the acception of most rap/country). I just had this song in mind because of the lyrics, and it has a nice beat for action scenes. I am actually suprised at how many people have brought up not liking the song when the original video on YouTube has 30,000,000 views and 6 honors including "12th Most Viewed all time" and "5th Most Favorited all time". Not to mention all the other people that have used this song for Spiderman 3.

I am happy that you enjoyed the video though.

Exactly...so many better bands and artists out there then Linkin Park or 50 Cent and they're only cool because they're "known"...listen to some underground bands/MCs and they might learn a thing or two.

LP being a well known band had nothing to do with my decision. Like I said, the main factor was that the lyrics fit. I actually listened to a lot of music in preperation for cutting the video, and I didn't find any that had lyrics that fit as well as "What I've Done". In fact the lyrics fit so well, it almost seems like they released the song specifically for Spiderman 3. I am actually suprised that it didn't wind up on the S3 soundtrack. It was used in Transformers (which I hated by the way) and that made no sense to me, because Transformers isn't about redemption or erasing what you have done.

You keep mentioning that you have a problem with people creating seperate threads for videos. But you haven't offered a sollution around it either. If there had been a general thread for videos, I wouldn't have made my own thread. But there wasn't. If there isn't a general video thread, where exactly am I supposed to post it if I don't create my own thread?

I would be open to suggestions from you, so I don't make the mistake again in the future.

Linkin Park sucks. Sorry, but you have terrible taste in music.

Linkin Park sucks. Sorry, but you have terrible taste in music.

Like I have said...

It is all about the lyrics of the song. You are entitled to your opinion, so I have no problem with you not liking the song. But you do have to admit that if you listen to the lyrics, they really fit the film. That is why I chose it.

It cracks me up because on this forum, it seems like I managed to find all the people who hate LP and this song, when the original video on YouTube has like 30,000,000 views and is ranked 12th on the "Most viewed of all time" list and is 5th all time in "Most favorited". Plus, if you check YouTube, there are a ton of S3 videos done to this song because of how well it fits.

It just goes to show that everyone's tastes are different. I do think it was rude however, that you insulted my taste in music based on one video that I cut. You have no idea what type of music I listen to. I actually have really broad tastes. I like pretty much anything accept most rap, and country.

I wanted to take the time to list the lyrics here since people seem to be overlooking the fact how well they fit. Once again, this has nothing to do with my like for the song or LP in general. My sole basis for choosing was how well the lyrics fit.

Linkin Park What I've Done Lyrics

In this farewell...There’s no blood
There’s no alibi...‘Cause I’ve drawn regret
From the truth...Of a thousand lies

Pre Chorus
So let mercy come...and wash away
What I’ve done

Chorus
I'll face myself..To cross out what i’ve become
Erase myself..And let go of what i’ve done

Put to rest ..What you thought of me
While I clean this slate...With the hands of uncertainty

Pre-Chorus/Chorus

For what I’ve done..I start again
And whatever pain may come...Today this ends
I’m forgiving what I’ve done!!!

Chorus

What I’ve done
Forgiving what I’ve done

Now with lyrics like that, how can you not use it for Spiderman three? It fits the theme of the movie exactly.

LP being a well known band had nothing to do with my decision. Like I said, the main factor was that the lyrics fit. I actually listened to a lot of music in preperation for cutting the video, and I didn't find any that had lyrics that fit as well as "What I've Done". In fact the lyrics fit so well, it almost seems like they released the song specifically for Spiderman 3. I am actually suprised that it didn't wind up on the S3 soundtrack. It was used in Transformers (which I hated by the way) and that made no sense to me, because Transformers isn't about redemption or erasing what you have done.

I'm a huge fan of the movie, but I won't argue, but "What I've Done" was used because of that fact that Cybertron was laid to waist and the Autobots made sure the All Spark would leave Cybertron and it went to Earth, and they made a huge mistake because that war landed on Earth...to clarify, lol.

Like I have said...

It is all about the lyrics of the song. You are entitled to your opinion, so I have no problem with you not liking the song. But you do have to admit that if you listen to the lyrics, they really fit the film. That is why I chose it.

It cracks me up because on this forum, it seems like I managed to find all the people who hate LP and this song, when the original video on YouTube has like 30,000,000 views and is ranked 12th on the "Most viewed of all time" list and is 5th all time in "Most favorited". Plus, if you check YouTube, there are a ton of S3 videos done to this song because of how well it fits.

It just goes to show that everyone's tastes are different. I do think it was rude however, that you insulted my taste in music based on one video that I cut. You have no idea what type of music I listen to. I actually have really broad tastes. I like pretty much anything accept most rap, and country.

I wanted to take the time to list the lyrics here since people seem to be overlooking the fact how well they fit. Once again, this has nothing to do with my like for the song or LP in general. My sole basis for choosing was how well the lyrics fit.

Linkin Park What I've Done Lyrics

In this farewell...There’s no blood
There’s no alibi...‘Cause I’ve drawn regret
From the truth...Of a thousand lies

Pre Chorus
So let mercy come...and wash away
What I’ve done

Chorus
I'll face myself..To cross out what i’ve become
Erase myself..And let go of what i’ve done

Put to rest ..What you thought of me
While I clean this slate...With the hands of uncertainty

Pre-Chorus/Chorus

For what I’ve done..I start again
And whatever pain may come...Today this ends
I’m forgiving what I’ve done!!!

Chorus

What I’ve done
Forgiving what I’ve done

Now with lyrics like that, how can you not use it for Spiderman three? It fits the theme of the movie exactly.

Since Spider-Man 3 was gay, I'd stick for "Black Parade" from My Chemical Romance, haha.

Since Spider-Man 3 was gay, I'd stick for "Black Parade" from My Chemical Romance, haha.

Ha ha!! LOL

Yeah I wasn't a big fan of the film myself either. It just didn't live up to the first two. One thing that bugged me about Spiderman 3 was the complete revamp of the Harry/Peter/MJ triangle relationship. In the first film it is established that even though Peter always had a thing for MJ, he never got up the courage to talk to her until the field trip his senior year, which was a few months away from graduation. That was also the first time Harry spoke to her as well. Then a few months later after graduation, Harry/MJ start dating, break up, and then don't have that much to do with each other after that.

In Spiderman 3, they made it seem like the three of them were friends all the way through high school. Comments like "I wrote you a play" from Harry bugged me. Also, it seemed like Harry/Peter didn't become friends until senior year because before that Harry was attending a prep school that he got kicked out of.

Spiderman 3 had a lot of things wrong with it, but the continuity revolving around the relationship with Harry/Peter/MJ really bugged me. The continuity there was good in the first two films. But the third film completely re-wrote the back-history of it.

Maybe the mods could create a thread and compile all the user edits of music videos, trailers, re-cuts, etc...

Like I said, it's not your fault alone since a lot of people do it and this was one of the better edits, it is just that if everyone thinks they deserve their own thread for their work(manips, videos, edits, voice work, etc...)then this place would be even more chaos than it has become.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"