World Spiderman's worst crisis?

MajinShenron

Civilian
Reaction score
Of all the crisis Spiderman has had in his career of a super hero (boy, theres been a lot!) which one do you think was the worst?

Personally I think its the death of his Uncle. It shifted his life around to become the person best to his abilities. He thinks of him constantly and never let go his death, but did not let his death swallow him.

MajinShenron said:
Of all the crisis Spiderman has had in his career of a super hero (boy, theres been a lot!) which one do you think was the worst?

Personally I think its the death of his Uncle. It shifted his life around to become the person best to his abilities. He thinks of him constantly and never let go his death, but did not let his death swallow him.

Spidey's worst crisis? Facing and enduring his 1994 - 2008 period of continuity.

Seriously, though, I think it was the death of Gwen Stacy. Uncle Ben could have been saved if Peter had acted. Gwen died specifically because she loved Peter Parker.* She could only have been spared if he never knew her and loved her as he did. It transformed Spider-Man, in Peter's eyes, from a noble mission.. into an ever-present curse on the lives of all those close to Peter Parker, as well.

* As far as Peter knew.

The events of Revelations is my pick, maybe even the events of Maximum Garbage as well

We need a poll here

Revelations. Finding out the one responsible for the Gwen thing WhiteSpider mentioned is in fact still alive when you thought him dead... having your best friend and brother be killed in front of your eyes by said person....losing your baby girl... and oh yeah, finding out the last year or so of your life has been a total mind ****.

Definately the Clone Saga and the events surrounding it (Osborn, robo-parents, Ben Reilly, symbiote madness etc..). Easily.

I dont know, I personally think the whole Venom thing was pretty bad. I mean, Venom when he was first introduced coulda pretty much ****ed up Pete's life hard.

Pretty much until Venom turned all "good" you know Parker had to be thinking "wow, I could go back to Aunt Mays house and see her, and MJ slaughtered". If that isn't a crisis...

^^^^

He had alot of allies than, and a few people knew his identity already, plus Brock had the whole no "innocents" clause in his super villian contract.......

..........Imagine what he felt during that brief time period where the Goblin first cornered him outside Aunt May's house(ASM 39) :eek:

Horrible writing.

When all the different realities were phased out of existance...

Oh, wait, wrong crisis...:o

I think his greatest crisis has been having to endure his origin being rewritten so that he could stab people and eat their heads and junk...then when he had to die and be reborn....then get a new costume so that he can fly...and then he had to deal with his Uncle ben coming back from the dead....

Pretty much, he's currently going through his biggest crisis: CRAPPY WRITING.

Spider-Man's worst crisis was being betrayed by "fans" and "writers" and being perverted into something he's not by these small-minded, selfish trolls.

It's a crisis he didn't survive.

JMS and JoeyQs complete lack of care.

This thread was not meant to turn out the way it did. Good job losers.

MajinShenron said:

Why exactly are you here among us losers then?

Oh and I'd say the events of the Other and its consequences.

MajinShenron said:

I'm SO telling mom.

MajinShenron said:

You're right....you're so much better than us because you don't post on comic-book message boards....

Wait a minute....you are posting on a comic book message board, aren't you? I guess you need to shut the hell up, then, huh? :D

MajinShenron said:

Wow, more name calling in this forum too? You're pathetic man...seriously.

Spidey's biggest crisis WAS named here. His total destruction of concept by CRAPPY WRITING and Editors.

Now, move along to somewhere where the sun shines out of your rear-end every time you post.

Actually I was criticizing the ones who went off topic, but if you want to be offended for not posting originally then fine. You all knew I was talking about events in comics.

Now, move along to somewhere where the sun shines out of your rear-end every time you post.

I'm sure there is a high enough building around you to jump off of.

I change my vote from JMS and JoeyQ to just JoeyQ.

JMS is just a tool!

JoeQ is the master of puppets.

MajinShenron said:
Actually I was criticizing the ones who went off topic, but if you want to be offended for not posting originally then fine. You all knew I was talking about events in comics.

Well, then, junior, I guess the stories in the comics being utter crap for the past five years or so would fall into that category, now, wouldn't it? Moron.

I'm sure there is a high enough building around you to jump off of.

Oh boy...internet threats....my fave!!

Well, then, junior, I guess the stories in the comics being utter crap for the past five years or so would fall into that category, now, wouldn't it? Moron.

The thread was meant for things that has affected Spiderman/Peter Parker's life. Bad writing and editoring falls under the affect of you guys. Moron? Yes you are.

MajinShenron said:
The thread was meant for things that has affected Spiderman/Peter Parker's life. Bad writing and editoring falls under the affect of you guys. Moron? Yes you are.

Bad Writing and Editing is our fault? I'm sorry who's the moron?:confused: :(

MajinShenron said:

I know someone who's post could use some..."editoring".

I guess I do need to share some of the blame here though. During my five year stint at Marvel, I had my fair share of bombs. Peter finding out that he was the lone survivor of an alien planet; Uncle Ben returning as a lovable leprechaun to help teach Peter valuable lessons at the end of each issue; and let's not forget Spider-America, when Spider-Man was killed, resurrected, and then taken under the wing of Captain America, his "father figure" for that arc. You have to admit, though, the "Stars-and-Stripes-Spidey" costume was awesome!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"