Who is the worst Spiderman among recent live action encarnations?

LivingBrocholy

Civilian
Reaction score
For me MCU Spiderman is the worst among the recent live action encarnations.

Let´s analize the different deparments:

- Villains: Norman Osborn developed a double persona after he tested his super soldier serum. All his actions was in pro of his company. He destroyed the competition experiment first and then the directives of his company since they wanted to sell it to the competition. In the moment he countered Spiderman the first time he realized that he could be a good ally. Otto was manipulated by the AI and he redeemed himself when wasn´t under AI´s control. Raimiverse Harry is a so so. His arc to hate Spiderman was foreshawed but wanting to avenge his father despite he was a pretty dangerous is a bit retarted. (Harry knew that he was the Goblin, he didn´t knew that his father killed himself). Venom wasn´t that bad Eddy wanted revegenge because Peter left him unemployed (I don´t get why people **** in his appearence if a big Venom will eventually age worse) but is convenient that the meteorite arrived close to Peter and Peter was in the same church as Eddy Brook as well. Sandman would´ve been better if his motivation for an alliance in Venom was shown like Spiderman 3 videogame(Venom kidnapping or menacing his daughter). TAS has the worst villains. The reason of why Lizard was born was ok, but his alter ego wanting to turn all New York in Lizards was cheesy. Isn´t like he was programmed to do that like Otto merged with the AI or has something to do with Conors business at it happened with Raimiverse Green Goblin. It would´ve been better if his Lizard persona just wanted to take revenge of Oscorp because it was preassuring Conors. Electro is really good. It was stated that he was ghosted and outcasted so it makes sense his reasons to be a villain and even his alliance with Webverse Harry. Webverse Harry resentment toward Spiderman was a good idea but failed in execution. Even if is technically foreshawed and makes more sense that Peter is friend of harry in Webverse(Peter´s parents were employees of Oscorp) than Raimiverse( Ramiverse Harry went to public HS despite being the son of an entrepreneur), the introduction of the character feels a bit late in the second film. But the main problem is Spiderman interaction with Harry. Spiderman just said no(yes, it was known that he didn´t want another Lizard) and Harry acted like a spoiled kid. But I believe that Spiderman blood could´ve been tested by Oscorp first. MCU Vulture is ok: the man minded his own business and until Spiderman interfers. More if we take in consideration that his original bussiness was screwed when it appeared Damage control. MCU Mysterio was so so. His motivations to take revenge of Stark industries are ok but pretend to be a super hero was cheesy/campy as ****. No way Home pulling Raimiverse villains just confirmed that MCU Spiderman can´t hold himself in this department. Not at the level of Raimi´s trilogy.

-Peter Parker: One of the things that makes Peter so relatable is that he has to deal with grounded problems like HS, work, money etc just like us. That what Spiderman did in the first film. He wanted to impress his crush with a car when he obtained his powers and his uncle´s death(partially caused by his inaction) led to make him a super hero. In the second film we see how Peter struggles with his double life until his inaction takes him back to action. The third film is so so due to the campy way to sell someone that is corrupted by power(Spectacular Spiderman did a better job by almost making Peter a Tombstone´s thug in order to pay the hospital expences of Aunt May) Webverse Spiderman is a better "fresh take" than MCU Spiderman let explain you why: This Peter Parker trilogy was supposed to end with the Six Sinisters. Peter´s power, circumstances and villains root from Oscorp. Also this Peter Parker wanted to revenge from the thug that killed his uncle. MCU Peter Parker in other hand is just a spoiled kid. It had to pass a whole trilogy to put him the first Spiderman circumstances. In all trilogies he had to rely from one MCU character(Tony Stark, Nick Fury and Dr Strange respectively), the reason of why he was an hero were ignored because he were supposed to know hero´s origin but later were retconned(it seems that MCU Uncle Ben doesn´t exist). Incredible Hulk did a better job by hinting hero´s origins in the first 20 minutes unlike 2003 Hulk. MCU Spiderman could´ve done the same in the first film.

-Spiderman: The best one is Webverse Spiderman. He acts like a spider(when he crawl around Lizard to involve him in spider web or when he used his web to detect Lizard as well), he has the best visuals(some visuals of Ramiverse Spiderman start to age while MCU Spiderman has always look like plastic or CGI cartoon), the best swings, the evolution between the first suit and second is better than Raimiverse and equal to MCU Spiderman and his funny persona is like the comics.

Adaptation: The most faithful Spiderman to the comic is Andrew Garfield´s Spiderman. Peter Parker parents died due to something related with a creation of a super soldier serum. The origin of the Spider is related to biological crossing to achieve a super soldier serum. The origin of the Spider is relater to Oscorp. It uses the web shooters. Gwen Stacy is one of Peter´s first love interest and it was intented to make him date Mary Jane. Also, Felicia Hardy was introduced. The second most faithful Spiderman is Tobey Maguire Spiderman and the least one is the one of MCU. Yes, Peter joined the Avengers much later in the comics. Here, he was included between 6 and two years later after his career. MCU Spiderman is practically an spoiled kid. Even if the first movie wanted to get ride of it, Infinity War, Endgame and Far From Home did the opposite. That and that Ned is based in Ganke(Miles Morales side kick) and not Ned Leeds. Also Michelle Jones was hinted to be Mary Jane variant but the character doesn´t ressemble Mary Jane phisically and personawise. Sure that MCU wanted to have a fresh take to he character but they could´ve adapted Spectacular Spiderman way to handdle Spiderman cast instead.

As you can see:

Villains: Raimiverse

Peter Parker: Raimiverse

Spiderman: Webverse

Faithfulness: Webverse

We're actually very fortunate that with every Spider-Man incarnation on film, there hasn't been a bad portrayal of the character, even if not all of the movies were up to snuff (*cough*TASM2*cough*). You can't really say the same for Batman or Superman.

I've always thought that, more or less, Tobey Maguire was the best Peter, Andrew Garfield was the best Spider-Man, and Tom Holland brought a perfect mixture of both with a LOT of heart to the character.

Villains: Raimiverse, though I guess they can be counted in the MCU post-NWH?. Goblin and Ock combined with Vulture and Mysterio is a murderer's row of great villains right there.

Peter Parker: Tobey (but also Tom)

Spider-Man: Andrew (but also Tom)

Faithfulness: Raimiverse

Hard to say because each interpretation has something that the other lacks. I think the Raimi films have the best relationship between Peter and Uncle Ben/Aunt Mary, as well as showing where he gets his values. The Webb films have the best relationship with the love interest...no doubt helped by the fact that Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone were dating in real life. And the MCU films give us a good look at Peter's relationship with his circle of friends, which I feel is the advantage that comes from having a younger Spider-Man.

Much like Batman or Superman, or a different voice actor for Sonic in the games ,they all have their strengths that I don't think I could call any of them the worst. As time has gone on, I feel Garfield has become my favorite. I never disliked him, and I enjoyed Amazing Spider-Man, but I really dig his portrayal of the character.

Garfield was better than the films he was in, but that was what he had unfortunately. Still comfortably the worst.

Honestly not a huge fan of Holland's Spidey either by now. I liked Homecoming, and the last two a lot less. Marvel have kept this Peter Parker in a strange place, where he's apparently brilliant, but constantly making stupid decisions because he's a kid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"