World Spidey's Crazy Eye (Frames/Lens) Thread

Alright, Damnit! Just to squash this whole "real vs fake" under shell deal so that we can return to the business of discussing lenses, The pictures are real. They are genuine pictures of a real Sony "Under Shell" (NOT an "Ernie Shell" BTW ;)) The problem is simply one of visual perspective. It's like the famous optical illusion using the transparent cube. The perspective can flip flop in the viewers mind depending on what he/she perceives to be the orientation of the shell. I can understand how SpideyC sees it, as well as Sparkus. Because the shell is contrasted against a featureless white background, it is easy to misjudge how the shell is sitting. This coupled with the fact that the shell is being displayed in an unusual position compared to how most of us would have positioned it, leads to some confusion. When further pictures from the set are viewed, it becomes clearer to the viewer how the shell is actually positioned.

Headshell.jpg

headshell2.jpg

SonyShell.jpg

Now that we have THAT all cleared up, SPIDERMANC!!!! Yeah, I'm looking RIGHT at YOU Bub! If you do not post some pictures or advice in this thread regarding lens, I will be FORCED to go down the whole "pretty please" route (first with cherries on top, then with sprinkles, then with whipped cream, etc., ad nauseum until you capitulate. Trust me, you don't want that).

Last edited:
I've seen those before, and they all look way to fishy. Ernie posted the first two, which adds to my disbelief of any of them. I don't doubt that some parts of the pictures are real, but the overall picture(s) are not. (which is normally the case with Ernie's photoshopping.)

I've seen those before, and they all look way to fishy. Ernie posted the first two, which adds to my disbelief of any of them. I don't doubt that some parts of the pictures are real, but the overall picture(s) are not. (which is normally the case with Ernie's photoshopping.)

That's cool. My end goal is not to convince you that the pictures are real, but rather that the face shell and lenses are real. I think that Ernie just copied the photo's from somewhere and presented them as his own, but you could be right. It's just that his photo-shops weren't normally so seamless and detailed. But I guess we'll never know. Now again, WHY are you torturing me like this. You will discuss everything EXCEPT what this thread is actually about. You mentioned that you're currently working on some Yuri suits, so I KNOW that you have some frame/lens info to share. Quit Bogarting! :oldrazz:

ok so at the request of my good friend taylor i called in some favors and did a lot of reserch and came up with these lenses. they are still a prototype i hope 2 have my bigger lenses in 2 weks but wanted 2 show what i have so far. the final 1s will be clear with a micro mesh screen behind them painted 2 the spechs of the movie. also i have the option of having the lenses mirrored if i want. the frames are made out of clear resin with a graphite powder mixed in the resin i am using a special resin that is harder than most clear resin that way it wont plex in the heat. hop you all like them.
1121081305.jpg

downsized_1121081306.jpg

PICT0008-1.jpg

PICT0004.jpg

PICT0007-1.jpg

That's Freaking UNGODLY!!!! FIRST IN LINE!!!! FIRST IN LINE!!!!:wow::wow:

Nice Justin.. Is that plastic lense tinted? Just looks a litte dark... but I like what you're doing!! Just need to get your hands on a real movie shell now!! Did Ernie ever have one?

Brad.

taylor u know u got the first set and thanks brad. earney never did get me a face shell so i am going 2 be using the one i sculpted i just need 2 tweak it a little be 4 i send it 2 the vac former. the only lense we could find in my friends studio was a brown smoked 1 but with the help of taylor i found the lenses i need. i still need 2 talk 2 the guy but if all works out the lenses will be cut from oakley lenses i also know what mesh and paint was used in the movies so when all is said and done i think they will really look amazing on a finished mask or costume

taylor u know u got the first set and thanks brad. earney never did get me a face shell so i am going 2 be using the one i sculpted i just need 2 tweak it a little be 4 i send it 2 the vac former. the only lense we could find in my friends studio was a brown smoked 1 but with the help of taylor i found the lenses i need. i still need 2 talk 2 the guy but if all works out the lenses will be cut from oakley lenses i also know what mesh and paint was used in the movies so when all is said and done i think they will really look amazing on a finished mask or costume

Awwwwww Shucks, I'm all blushy now.:O:O:O Tweren't nothin'.

Blushy is your best color Taylor.

Jester, I'd be interested in getting a mirrored set with no mesh in them... maximum visibility. Is your shell going to be one with magnetic lenses? I need a nice shell too (no jokes Taylor... don't spoil my long-awaited return to these boards).

Blushy is your best color Taylor.

Jester, I'd be interested in getting a mirrored set with no mesh in them... maximum visibility. Is your shell going to be one with magnetic lenses? I need a nice shell too (no jokes Taylor... don't spoil my long-awaited return to these boards).

PARKER!!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! YOU'RE BACK!!!!!!!! This is the happiest day I've had in some time! We TOTALY have to get together! So, Where you been? What'ch been up to? Howz stuff? Who's gonna ride your wild horses? WE simply MUST catch up! Are you still FABULOUS!?!?!??!?!??!

Not in this thread though! THIS thread is about frames & lenses. I'll start a Peter Parker appreciation thread. You can fill me in there? (no pun intended you naughty boy).

PARKER!!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! YOU'RE BACK!!!!!!!! This is the happiest day I've had in some time! We TOTALY have to get together! So, Where you been? What'ch been up to? Howz stuff? Who's gonna ride your wild horses? WE simply MUST catch up! Are you still FABULOUS!?!?!??!?!??!

Not in this thread though! THIS thread is about frames & lenses. I'll start a Peter Parker appreciation thread. You can fill me in there? (no pun intended you naughty boy).

Taylor or guys, did anyone know these lenses, made by whom ??. very nice work dont u think . i think i would like a pair of these, anyone selling ??
lenses1.jpg

Yep... Rich (Fettsters) made those.

Just something to think about if you're planning on using a plastic lense cover. They look great!!!! BUT they will fog up. Remember on the movie suits they could quickly take them off the suit after each take so as to allow the fog to go. If you glue them to the mask you'll have a very difficult time seeing.

Last edited:
correct brad thay will fog up because of the plastic u can use an anti fog spray that can be found at any place that sells ski or paintball goggles. and thefor the 4 lenses i am making will come with some applied 2 them it is like 6$ for a 3 oz bottle. parker yes my enses and shell will have magnets and the hooks on the fraims so thay can be taken off the mask. i am having the clips for the frames fabrocated now any other questions feel free 2 PM me i am finding out more about my lenses 2 day

Oh... I tried the anti fog. It didnt work... I was just using the morror tint at the time and could apply it directly to the plastic. But if it did work, how would you rub it on the lense when there's mesh in the way?

The magnet and hook is the way to go. :)

If the costume is not something that is going 2 be used all the time I found the anti fog works well I put like 3 layers on and it would last me like 2 days when I was snowboarding or paintballing so with spidey lenses it should last a while. also I am trying 2 find a way 2 take the mesh on and off so that the glass can be cleaned I might after the lenses is glued in place add a small tab at the corners so it will allow the mesh to be able 2 b removed but not cause any problems when it is on the face. And I just contacted my guy about the lenses and he found 8mm lenses in clear he is going 2 be cutting them and I hope 2 have them with in a week or sooner he works fast. Also in the process of doing all of this I cashed in on some favors at work and am having muscle shading done on a transparent layer in Photoshop and also having cad files made 4 webbings and spiders. So I am very happy at the moment

Nice... I might just have to get me a set for my display spidey suit. :)

JFX's lens reminds me of the pre-production lenses for the first spidey film.
DSC00838.jpg

yeah they are a little dark but like i said they were the only lenses that he had that would come close at the time. but good news 2 all i just got off the phone with him and i am having Clear Polycarbonate oakley uv resistant lenses identical to the 1s used in the movies cut and i plan on havving pic of the lenses instaled in the graphite frmes with the mesh posted very soon. i also am having my frames digially scaned in and remastered so that they will be 100% perfect and with attatched clips at the bottom for the face shell.

No, That was ACTUALLY the look that they were first thinking about going with for the movie. This is an early version of the costume before it was finalized for the film. If you look, there's no "brickwork" or muscle shading on the fabric pattern either. It's all just one flat color. The dark lenses were a look that Alex Ross was experimenting with at the time. Ultimately they chose to modify the costume (thank god) to what we're familiar with today.

ok guys so here thay are a finished set of the frames and lenses. the frames are made from a clear resin with graphite powder mixed into the resin the lenses are cut from a clear pollycarbonate oakley UV resistant lense and the mesh is a micro fine mesh airbrushed black on the back and pearl white on the front it is 100% film accurate. i have the tabs being made now and the magnet is being fitted as well. i only have 2 pairs as of now if any 1 is inturested please PM me as i dont know when i will have more made. hope you all enjoy
PICT0129.jpg

PICT0130.jpg

PICT0127.jpg

PICT0125.jpg
pict0132.jpg

ok guys so here thay are a finished set of the frames and lenses. the frames are made from a clear resin with graphite powder mixed into the resin the lenses are cut from a clear pollycarbonate oakley UV resistant lense and the mesh is a micro fine mesh airbrushed black on the back and pearl white on the front it is 100% film accurate. i have the tabs being made now and the magnet is being fitted as well. i only have 2 pairs as of now if any 1 is inturested please PM me as i dont know when i will have more made. hope you all enjoy
PICT0129.jpg

PICT0130.jpg

PICT0127.jpg

PICT0125.jpg
pict0132.jpg
perfect dude !!!!!!!! i need these lenses !!!!!!!!!

here are some pix of the lenses and fraims on a hard resin display face shell i hope 2 have the new face shell done very soon that will have the magnet hole in it and the grove around the eyes to fitthe lense
downsized_1130081045a.jpg

downsized_1130081047.jpg

Absolutely beautiful. I mean really? What more can be said? That is beautiful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"