World Spidey's Crazy Eye (Frames/Lens) Thread

ok so i spent most of 2 day at starbucks tweaking the face shell so that way it will fit the fraims with the lenses in it. sorry the pix are not the best but i took them with my cell. so now the new fraims and lenses are a perfect fit and as in the original i added the groov 4 the lense and i will be doing the final smoothing in the morning and adding the magnet hole. i hope to have it molded and sent off 2 the vacuum-former by the end of the week. any questions PM me
1130081503a.jpg

1130081503.jpg

1130081724b.jpg

Crap, I almost choked on my own drool! Why don'tcha warn a fella! Seriously JesterFX, I'm running out of glowing adjectives to describe your work. How about "Superfantabulousterifficolosalicious!!!"!!!!! !!!! See what you've done? Now I have to start making up my own adjectives!

ok so here are the concept tabs for the new fraims and lenses i know that the metal pin needs 2 be more in the middle than it is but just for now it shows the idea i dont want to make the proper placement till i have the face shell all made but on the left is my lenses and on the right is pix of the film used 1s
aaaaa.jpg

Starbucks lets you work and carve on their tables?? That's crazy...:wow:

Great job so far. Are your frames pulled from a movie cast frame or did you carve them?

yeah they do lol peopel think im crazy when i tell them i do my work there but they love it because peopel keep coming back or stay longer 2 watch me work and the fact that i worked there and know every 1 helps also but yes i was lucky enough 2 borrow them from a friend who is a collector unfortunatly the lenses tabs and magnets were not in tem but beggers can be choosers and thet let me be able to have some more fun fabricating them

Since the other thread seems to just be for showing off costumes (nothing wrong with that I suppose) I'll post my ramblings on spider-eyes here..

I got 2 samples of fabric for possible Spider-eyes...and SCORE!!!

Vogue fabrics has this stuff called buckram...basically you can form it to stiffen fabric. Anyway I got 2 different samples and the Buckram-Stabilizer-White-20" Part 854 is PERFECT. You can see out fairly well (40-35% visibility) but you cant see someone's eyes at ALL.

I should have pics tonight.

When I get the mesh samples I ordered in the mail, I'll update again.

Here are the pictures as promised:

What it looks like laying flat...
IMG_2815.jpg

A little indication of how you can see through...
IMG_2817.jpg

Taken sitting in front of my computer monitor...
IMG_2837.jpg

So it works fairly well. Like I said 40-35% visibility maybe more really. I've worn the mesh used in most costumes and this gives much more visibility than mesh.

Oh...here's a little lagniappe...

IMG_2811.jpg

Wondering what this is? It's a SHEET of 2.5mm urethane rubber. Ever wanted to make your own spider lenses but didnt want to mix anything? Maybe you want to make a chest spider just by cutting it?

Well here you go. This stuff cuts with scissors or an exacto knife like butter, can be painted with tirepaint or plastidip. It comes in black and red as well from a little old website called http//:www.mcmaster.com (those suckers have EVERYTHING).

The stuff comes in all thicknesses you can think of...and can be bought by the foot if you so desire. That's right, you could get a big sheet and cut a suit of webbing out of it.

I'm not keeping my methods to myself...they're here for everyone who dreams of making their own suit.

Oh... I tried the anti fog. It didnt work... I was just using the morror tint at the time and could apply it directly to the plastic. But if it did work, how would you rub it on the lense when there's mesh in the way?

The magnet and hook is the way to go. :)

The way I see it, if you gotglue the mesh to magnets, and make holes just barely big enough for the magnets, then you could seperate the mesh from the actual lenses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"