Spitcurl: Yay or nay?

ohmshalone

on the brink of sanity
Reaction score
Should Superman's hairdo be updated? Or do you regard the spitcurl as one of his classic signatures?

Personally, I feel whatever is not the norm in the 21st Century (so far) should be abandoned as long as it doesn't stray too far away from the mythos. Superman needs as much help as possible to look 'cool' for today's kids (and since I believe the undies should stay, he's gonna need an update wherever else he can find one). :cwink:

I don't think his spitcurl is even a staple of every modern comic book interpretation.

What do you think?

Yes for me its a part of him

Just have it be a little mussed up, a couple bangs hanging down. Routh's hair in superman returns looked unnatural. In fact, everything about him looked unnatural, like a big creepy perfect mannequin. Did they CGI his complexion?

Yeah they really messed Routh's hair up but I think there was just too much hair.

Lol, a thread about one lock of hair. I love it.

My two cents: There wasn't too much hair in SR, there was too much hair PRODUCT. I'd prefer to see the spitcurl still, but only if it can look natural.

Lol, a thread about one lock of hair. I love it.

My two cents: There wasn't too much hair in SR, there was too much hair PRODUCT. I'd prefer to see the spitcurl still, but only if it can look natural.

Yeah it has to look natural.

I won't cry if it isn't there but I'd prefer it to be

NO!

At least not the greasy styled hook Reeve and Routh had. Just hint at something there. In generel Supe's hair should be ALOT more natural this time. Cavill's own wavy locks would be fine. The man even has a hint of S-curl himself. More than enough for me.

NO SPITCURL! :cmad:

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!! it's a must!!!
but not as RB's.

one bit of hair wouldn't make or break the movie for me imo

Yes, it's part of the iconic look of Superman.

yes for the spitcurl, its part of his iconic look, natural looking and the SR hair still gives me nightmares

454pxsupermanearth1007.jpg

This is the idea I have for it

imageylw.jpg

Last edited:
Can I vote "present?" :p

I don't really have any opinion about this. But whatever they do, SOMEONE is gonna get pissed over it.

As long as it looks natural like Bomer's hair, I'm good.

Anyone think Clark's hair should be slicked?

slicked, I'm not so sure... flattened...of course. Superman's hair should have body to it...Clark's shouldn't

I was thinking of Dean Cain. I always felt the hair should've been the other way around. On Smallville, if we're to believe what they should us, Clark slicks it back and let's it loose as Superman.

Maybe they could go the somewhat messy route like in All-Star Superman.

I was thinking of Dean Cain. I always felt the hair should've been the other way around. On Smallville, if we're to believe what they should us, Clark slicks it back and let's it loose as Superman.

Maybe they could go the somewhat messy route like in All-Star Superman.

I like that or the look from Superman/Shazam...and I'm kinda partial to Superman Earth One
:supes:

Are you talking of a Superman/Shazam comic?

Oh, ok. It reminded me of the way it was done in The Batman toon.

As I've said on many boards -the 'spit-curl' was only supposed to be a stubborn forelock that falls of it's own accord when Superman is in action. That's it. That's all it was ever supposed to be. Reeve's hair wasn't perfectly natural looking but it wasn't as bad as Singers take on the famous forelock. Under Singer's hand it turned into a greasy affectation. Nothing at all natural about it.

The stubborn forelock can stay but it should only ever look like that. It should never look like Clark greased it up and made it fall there. I have similarly curly hair and it will actually fall into something similar to that. My hair being longer, it curls more than the 2 times required to make it look like an S

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"