Sequels Superman, The Dark Avenger? Not the Boyscout? ...& Other Issues why it's all a MESS

I don't allow it either. I have had to tell many of the "childish" posters here to stop referring to various people as "****s" and "****es".....I can't catch everything, but when I see it, I put a stop to it.

Okay. At least I know you're aware of it and making an effort. :up:

yet here you are... and to think i rolled out my red carpet for you coming round this here neck of the woods

I care, because I want the boards to have threads that have real value. Poor baby, you think you can make your own thread because you didn't like SR, and say the sequel's gonna suck. And yet, you haven't even read the script. Go watch your Superman cartoons.

Yeah, hopefully the sequels going to be ok and not go into any uncomfortable neck of the woods.:cwink:

I care, because I want the boards to have threads that have real value. Poor baby, you think you can make your own thread because you didn't like SR, and say the sequel's gonna suck. And yet, you haven't even read the script. Go watch your Superman cartoons.

oh...
and you admit that the SCRIPT was better than the movie itself?

Does that also mean that the SCRIPT was GREAT...but the movie was DEFINITELY CRAP? --Is that what you mean, NINTENDO NERD?

i was PAYING GOOD ATTENTION when i watched Superman Returns. In fact, I was hoping to come out of the theater satisfied. I dont need to research the Script or the INITIAL DRAFT of it. What is in question is the movie. The Script or Drafts of it which did not make it in the movie is NOT PART OF THE FINISHED PRODUCT. It's like trying to argue that Phantom Menace was a great movie because its novelization was brilliant.

and because you loved Superman Returns and this thread has an opinion against Singer's vision, you immediately assume it does not have "real value"? wow... who died and made you King of Thread Evaluations, Mr.-I've-been-posting-Valuable-Threads-here-since-May2007"?

Do yourself a favor... Go and immerse yourself in staring all day at the Brandon Routh Superman, it will calm you down for sure, and give you a little inner pleasure

..... oh, and by the way, as far as "real value" is concerned, i dont see you posting any sensible ideas and/or opinions on any of the threads. If you value Singer's Superman so much, why dont you give an intelligent opinion on the issue and not just childishly mock away at those who dont go with your opinion. you gotta grow up a little, dude

(are you Spider-Freddie?)

No that story in 666 is actually a retcon of the Phantom Zone killings. Now in current continuity he has NEVER killed anyone.

Can you show me an official source that states this? Because if not, then I'm sticking to my understanding of the issue.

call me patriotic and a cheeseball but I want some of the All American vibe back. I always think Superman is so known for its American morals and values which was so lost in SR.

NOT with a DEAD Son, he hasn't.

What difference does that make? He got angry and made Darkseid his ***** faster than he's ever done before when he thought Supergirl was killed.

who told you Zod's dead?

When someone falls off a really high cliff. They die.

after what he did in SR, don't you think the government would be so dumb enough not to look for Luthor and do all means to put him in jail? This isn't cartoonworld where the cops will wait for the superhero to go fetch the villain for them

But we don't know what happened after SR because MOS hasn't come out yet.

read the comics. Luthor does not need some great strength to inflict pain on Superman. The circumstances regarding how Jigsaw in SAW 2 tormented the cop (played by Donnie Wahlberg) can be a great example on how Luthor can really torment Superman without really "fighting him"

I do read the comics. In the comics he doesn't put people in deathtrap where they have to hack their limbs off in order to escape them. I don't expect Superman to slit his throat with an angle grinder either. In the comics he's a vengeful power hungry megalomaniac. Hmm sounds familiar. Like a movie that came out last year, about some guys return.. I can't place my finger on it.

it is. i loved X2. in fact, i loved all the other Singer movies. USUAL SUSPECTS remains as one of my all-time favorite movies. But it is undeniable. Superman Returns was just awful. Yes, that's my opinion. You dont like it? Boo Hoo

That was aimed at matthooper, not you. Way to contradict yourself. It's undeniable Superman Returns is a good movie. Not because it's my opinion, but it received a good critical reaction and always gets a solid score on opinion polls.

but he will be (if we are to take the MoS as an SR sequel) that's all due to the laws of movie franchise continuity. You cant just easily DISREGARD one aspect... not unless MoS will be in "vague continuity" with SR (as SR was in vague continuity with the other Supes movies) ...or not unless they're restarting the whole thing.

Yes he will be in MOS. Thanks for stating the obvious.

To further clarify my point about the fact that Superman DOES kill on occasion, just check out the latest issue (or read THIS review). Unlike Neal, I'm glad that Superman is finally taking definitive action. He hasn't done so in a while, and some people were forgetting that sometimes there is no peaceful solution.

To further clarify my point about the fact that Superman DOES kill on occasion, just check out the latest issue (or read THIS review). Unlike Neal, I'm glad that Superman is finally taking definitive action. He hasn't done so in a while, and some people were forgetting that sometimes there is no peaceful solution.

Actually, that recent issue you are refering to solidifies that he has NEVER killed.

Superman appears to have killed Subjekt 17 in that issue, which would mean that all versions of Superman have killed at least once. And even if nobody remembers it in current continuity, the character of Superman has killed various villains throughout his history.

Can you show me an official source that states this? Because if not, then I'm sticking to my understanding of the issue.

THis is copied from geoffjohns.com where Kurt Busiek the writer of the issue in question answers the question directly. I am also providing a link to the actual thread in the forum.

I agree with the poster that I be takin' a shinin tod this scene. I thought it really hit home the feeling this vivid dream had on Clark's waking mind. But it also spoke to specific continuity issues--answering the question of whether or not Byrne's pocket universe criminals and their deaths at the hands of Superman still stands.

My question is, is this merely a coincidence of events that seem to be meaningfully related or when ye wrote this, did ye realize ye were answering this continuity-related quandry?
quoteTail.gif
superfriend

I knew what I was doing. Glad ye be takin' a shinin tod it!

kdb

I appologize for the pattern of speech, it's Pirate Day over there.

http://www.comicbloc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23294&page=222

Here are the scenes from the comic where it indicates that Superman has never killed and the explanation for why he didn't kill in the story either.

THe last page has Lois confirming to Clark that he's never killed.

SupermandoesntKill.jpg

The Phantom Stranger created a fake/ weak outer shell from a divided soul that could be corrupted and made to kill by the demon in the story while leaving Superman's true soul spotless and uncorrupted meaning he never actually killed.

PHantomStrangerandSUperman.jpg

The corrupted fake soul indicates it's the first time 'Superman' has ever killed.

NeverKilled.jpg

Superman appears to have killed Subjekt 17 in that issue, which would mean that all versions of Superman have killed at least once. And even if nobody remembers it in current continuity, the character of Superman has killed various villains throughout his history.

I would not say various, but rather very few and it never sticks very long as being part of the character.

It is not essential to his character and whenever he does kill, he seems to suffer for it and determines to never do it again.

In what issue are you referring to him killing Subjekt 17?

The one that Neal over at Superman Homepage gave a terrible review for that very reason. But there seems to be some debate over whether he actually died. So given the evidence you have presented, I have no choice but to accept that the current Superman has never, at the very least, killed anyone humanoid. We'll see how long that lasts.

The one that Neal over at Superman Homepage gave a terrible review for that very reason. But there seems to be some debate over whether he actually died. So given the evidence you have presented, I have no choice but to accept that the current Superman has never, at the very least, killed anyone humanoid. We'll see how long that lasts.

After reading #667, my interpretation was that SUbjekt 17 vanished after he surrendered to Superman. Isn't 17 a teleporter also?

You will know my name is the lord when I lay my vengeance down upon thee!

A: You're basing this on the assumption that everyone hates SR. Please don't. Not everyone thinks SR was a mess.

B: Singer seems to have a good idea what the fans want. See X-Men 2. You didn't like it? Boo hoo. Fact is it's still one of the most popular comic book movies ever made.

C: It is an overreaction. For all we know Jason wont be in SR3 because it takes place on Apokalips, or however you spell it. If he's not dying it, it just means the 100% attention will be on Superman, regardless.

Fixed that Jules quote for you because Jules does not say it third party like you did.

:word:

What difference does that make? He got angry and made Darkseid his ***** faster than he's ever done before when he thought Supergirl was killed.

it's a big difference. You will know this if you become a father

When someone falls off a really high cliff. They die.

it was not shown how high it was

But we don't know what happened after SR because MOS hasn't come out yet.

but we could have a reasonable assumption of what happens next. Its also called Common Sense

I do read the comics. In the comics he doesn't put people in deathtrap where they have to hack their limbs off in order to escape them. I don't expect Superman to slit his throat with an angle grinder either. In the comics he's a vengeful power hungry megalomaniac. Hmm sounds familiar. Like a movie that came out last year, about some guys return.. I can't place my finger on it.

what the heck are you talking about... I meant Luthor should be as diabolically smart as Jigsaw. Jigsaw and Luthor from the comicbooks have MORE in common compared to Singer Luthor & comicbook Luthor.

That was aimed at matthooper, not you. Way to contradict yourself. It's undeniable Superman Returns is a good movie. Not because it's my opinion, but it received a good critical reaction and always gets a solid score on opinion polls.

perhaps the only reason why it got great reviews is because a whole lot of those critics are also in love with the Donner-era Superman movies. I wouldn't be surprised if they get their thrills just listening to the theme song. Check reliable critics like Roger Ebert, not just some old schmuck getting his pants off remembering the good old Superman days.

Contradicting myself? I was praising X2 & Usual Suspects. NOT Superman Returns. I praised Singer for the movies where he is really good at. But SR was just a movie where he is bad at, and IMO he exercised some degree of arrogance working on

Yes he will be in MOS. Thanks for stating the obvious.

but then again, there looks to be no more news of your precious MoS. The writer's strike is upon us.

Palpatine: Your fleet is lost; and your friends in the Endor moon will not survive

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"