Splatoon

Silvermoth

Krakoan native
Reaction score
Anyone else playing this? It's pretty fun. I only bought it today

Got it on Thursday, played it on Friday, loved every minute of it. It's fast paced and insanely fun! Can't wait to truly start customizing my Inkling. And I haven't even done Single-Player yet.

I thought a few times about making a thread about this, but there didn't seem to be a lot of interest in here for it, but yeah, I bought it day one and enjoy it a good deal. There are some design choices which infuriate me (particularly the lack of Pro controller support and inability to back out of a lobby before it starts), but outside those minor negs it's a fantastic game. Great concept twist on the shooter genre.

I've been playing some of Ranked, and eh, don't know if I care for it much. I hate how you no experience whatsoever if you lose (still I haven't reached max level yet and still want to unlock stuff), but it's just not as fun as Turf War.

I'm really addicted to Splatoon, but I can't seem to get into the Ranked stuff. It's just nowhere near as exciting as regular ol' Turf War.

How about Splat Zones? Has anyone tried that? Also, what's your preferred weapon? Shooter, Charger, or Roller?

When we talk about Ranked, we mean Splat Zones, since I think that's the only mode under Ranked, I believe. But yeah, as I said, it's alright but I prefer Turf War. And I don't like how they set up the point system in Ranked, either.

My weapon of choice now is the Aero MG, which is a Splattershot (I think? It's hard to tell sometimes which are Spattlershots and which are Jrs). Screw Chargers and Rollers.

Anyone else playing this? It's pretty fun. I only bought it today

I got it like the day after it came out and played for like a good hour that night but haven't played it sinces. The game is really fun just haven't played more because I don't have enough free time like I used to being 26 and all and I have like a million other games to play to.

My weapon of choice is the .52 Gal Deco. Can't seem to do anything worthwhile with any other guns, but that .52 shreds. I'm stockpiling money to reroll stats on gear. I want to use the Samurai armor, but those stats on it just don't really gel with how I play in Splatoon.

Mine is the great big paint roller. I've finally found my niche in the game.

While everyone else is duelling in combat I just quietly go around giving the place a good spruce up and then suddenly we win :)

I love a good shootout in Splatoon. Diving into the ink to dodge shots and trying to flank your opponent feels soooo good. I'm maneuvering my gear to add extra ink refill and extra move speed in the ink.

Yeah I need way more ink too. I've got the latest mods but they don't seem to help that much.

Yeah diving into ink is so much fun. There's something weirdly erotic about diving into someone else's ink

The Inkling Girl amiibo's challenge levels are damned difficult. Going through those single player missions with the charger is just awful.

This song has been stuck in my head for days.

[YT]1Me9O7R13-4[/YT]

I'd love an official soundtrack release.

The Inkling Girl amiibo's challenge levels are damned difficult. Going through those single player missions with the charger is just awful.

I prefer doing it to the Boy's, but I hate rollers in general.

I prefer doing it to the Boy's, but I hate rollers in general.

The roller was a pain in the neck too, but I'm awful with the charger no matter what, so the Inkling Girl is extra torturous.

I'm going to be playing Splatoon A LOT tomorrow. can't wait!

I am officially in love the Zapper .85, there is no other weapon for me. Lol.

CHIKHlMUwAAtU83.jpg:large

New stage coming today in NA, Kelp Dome. It was originally a single player map, it's the first stage where you encounter the transforming Octopi.

Cool. I liked that map in the SP and definitely excited to see some more stage variety. I think I played that Skate Park map nine times in a row last night.

That's two new maps in two weeks! Keep them coming Nintendo!

Woo! How exciting!

Actually does anyone know how to turn off the news report when you first boot up the game? It's a little annoying seeing it every time

Woo! How exciting!

Actually does anyone know how to turn off the news report when you first boot up the game? It's a little annoying seeing it every time

You can't. There's no way to turn it off or skip it. And if you play long enough they'll actually interrupt whatever you're doing and give you an update on the new map rotation. The Squid Sisters suck hard.

The Squid Sisters themselves are awesome (It's Bayonetta and Jeane, if you didn't know/realize), but yeah, the mandatory video is weird.

Yeah I'm fine with the characters, I just hate the video I have to watch every damn time I boot the game up.

Yeah who's bright idea was that? I actually like them a lot (I love their puntastic names) but not every time I start up the game

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"