Splinter Cell

Well Tom Hardy is attached already, so that's always a good thing.

Jeez, will this even get a director before Assassin's Creed?

You guys remember on Chaos Theory (or was it Pandora Tomorrow?) on the special features section they had a teaser for the upcoming movie? Haha.

Peter Berg would actually fit Splinter Cell. I don't hate the idea.
I never believe these things until a movie is actually in production for this very reason. Not because of Splinter Cell itself but the promise of a movie that then never comes is about as old as movies themselves.

This settles it. I think Assassin's Creed will be delayed by a year, and maybe Spinter Cell take over its spot in 2015.

Can't wait for the teaser trailer that ends with a shot of darkness, and then all you see is the green goggles light up and then bam! Title card. :p

Doug Liman directing and Tom Hardy starring? Sounds good to me. Liman did vastly better with the action scenes in the first Jason Bourne movie than Greengrass did with the others.

As long as he can nail the voice, I'm fine. I know it's not the game but that was a massive part of Sam Fisher's persona.

Doug Liman directing and Tom Hardy starring? Sounds good to me. Liman did vastly better with the action scenes in the first Jason Bourne movie than Greengrass did with the others.

Agreed, not too mention he was the one who came up with how they should fight

Co-signed, I'm pleased with this choice, Liman is talented.

I preferred Greengrass on Bourne, but I like Liman, too. This could be good.

I prefer Greengrass myself though Liman never had the chance to put his stamp on the series. When I think of Bourne, I think Greengrass.

I prefer Greengrass myself though Liman never had the chance to put his stamp on the series. When I think of Bourne, I think Greengrass.

And Shakey Cam Nauseau :csad:

I wanna see how Edge of Tomorrow turns out. I found Bourne 1 to be okay and didn't really like Mr and Mrs SMith and Jumper .
Speaking of Edge of Tomorrow i am going to bump that thread :oldrazz:

tumblr_n2ahum5de31qck7g4o1_500.jpg

This movie is shaping up to be incredible. Too bad Assassin's Creed is stuck in limbo still EVEN though it has a release date in 2015 (It'll get pushed back)

Man they are finding all the right pieces for this. I am excited

Splinter Cell Blacklist is one the finest elite operative games ever creafted by human hands, I'm looking foward to this film... and to hear the goggle sound in the trailer.

Nice to see that someone is finally giving a Video Game adaptation the resources and creative talent to, hopefully, make a passable film. Really hope Splinter Cell does well and studios realize, just like with the comic book movies, if you stay faithful to the source material and don't just make an empty corporate cash grab these movies wont suck.

"Splinter Cell" Filming Start Unknown

By Garth Franklin Saturday April 26th 2014 03:21PM
Those keenly anticipating the film adaptation of the "Splinter Cell" video game series may have to cool their jets. Filming was supposed to begin in August, at least until a new script draft was ordered which Sheldon Turner began work on.
Now, the film's star Tom Hardy tells Collider he's not sure when the movie will begin principal photography:
"Can't say. You never know with these things. I'd like to be able to say, but shift in geography finances and those things. Every draft has been different and grown and changed and whatnot. It's going to be cool."
Should the film go ahead, Hardy would play a highly-trained black ops operative working for Echelon, a group tasked with neutralizing terrorist threats around the world.

I think that bit of news is kinda blown out of proportion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"