Splinter Cell

Hardy learned the hard way

Mad Max
cast in 2009
filmed in 2012
realesed in 2015.

he signed the contract for mad max in 2009/2010 before Inception,Dark Knight Rises. his paychech will be very low compared to today :lmao:

SPLINTER CELL MOVIE "A GREAT TAKE" ON SERIES

Doug Liman has revealed that his forthcoming Splinter Cell movie will deal with a younger Sam Fisher, and stated that he’s looking forward to bringing a stripped down version of the character to the big screen.

Liman is currently doing the publicity rounds for new film Edge of Tomorrow, and explained that he and star Tom Hardy are currently busy developing their next project...

“I’m working on the script with Tom Hardy” he explained. “I think we have a great take on how to make an awesome film out of that.”

Liman acknowledged that Hardy is pretty young to be playing Sam Fisher, revealing “Everything about Splinter Cell will be younger. It’s a chance to come up with a new franchise that is fresher and newer and younger, and Tom Hardy is such an incredible actor.”

As for whether or not those iconic ‘Multi-Vision Goggles’ will feature, Liman said “Some of the tropes of the game will for sure be in the film, but also the fun of that is when you lose them. To strip that stuff away and really make the character have to operate without it. “

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/06/01/splinter-cell-movie-a-great-take-on-series

In otherwords they took an older, seasoned veteran spy with some awesome bordering-on-fictional technology and rehashed it as another generic spy-action movie with an attractive young lead who will draw in the women. Bourne 2.0? 2.5 since they recast the last one?

Think I'll pass if that is the case.

Tom Hardy will draw in men. In fact, according a fictional study, he can make all men go gay especially you! NO pass on this one, chico!

He can do that too, with or without the homosexualization. He's playing the role of a super spy who happens to look abnormally handsome instead of a more bland, everyday looking guy you wouldn't look at twice.

I can't think of a movie or game that has an bland, everyday looking guy. Bob Hoskins as Mario Mario? Even old Sam Fisher in the games had a certain look that made him ruggedly handsome for an older guy.

I know. In reality you don't want James Bond wandering around telling everyone he's a spy and sleeping with every woman he can get his penis into.

Games are little better than the movies and at least in Splinter Cell they went with a more realistic, caught and you're dead gameplay. He doesn't have to be handsome or anything to do the job but with casting Tom Hardy for the role they didn't even bother with the Harrison Ford option (not that I'd want Ford, he's too old even for this role), the older and still physically able actor.

Well, we'll see. I think this movie can and will be great. I have to admit that the iconic googles are kinda hard to pull off. They designed it as both something iconic to the franchise, and as a way to still see Sam even during the dark.

It's like the Jurassic World movie. I want to like it, there are good aspects to it and then there are parts that concern me. How much are they going to change for the sake of making it more approachable to the general audience?

Can you imagine if Liam Neeson was cast as Sam Fisher?

The goggles are such a trademark that I can't see them leaving them out, and honestly I am getting tired of the "Oooooo! lets go back to the 70's style and strip it down and make it raw" mentality, high tech can also be really cool.

Hardy's not a significant box office draw on his own. Not sure about Liman's words on this project. But oh well, whatever happens, happens.

http://www.tracking-board.com/tb-ex...argeted-to-direct-tom-hardy-in-splinter-cell/

Doug Liman has dropped out of New Regency’s big budget adaptation of the hit Ubisoft video game SPLINTER CELL. Jean-Julien Baronet of Ubisoft Motion Pictures and Basil Iwanyk are still signed on to produce, along with Liman’s producing partner David Bartis. The film is set to star Tom Hardy, who will also lead next month’s Mad Max: Fury Road.

With Liman off, the producers are looking instead at Joseph Kahn. In the past, Kahn has made such features as Detention and Torque, but he is primarily known for his music video and commercial work. He has directed videos for a number of artists, from U2 to Britney Spears to Eminem. Most recently, he directed the popular video for Taylor Swift’s “Blank Space.”

Kahn has been in the press lately for his dark parody Power/Rangers. The short envisions the classic 90s heroes as much darker and more adult versions of their original selves. It was briefly taken off YouTube and Vimeo when franchise owners Saban Entertainment complained. However, fan complaints worldwide caused the video to be brought back online.

The award-winning, Tom Clancy-created Splinter Cell franchise follows special ops agent Sam Fisher. As an employee of the secret government organization Third Echelon, Fisher will use whatever means necessary to infiltrate international terrorist syndicates.

Okay, I think Kahn can do it.

It's hard to judge him as a director though, I must say. I think he's a great personality when it comes to social media, I know he's a geek, but his films thus far has been so-so. Torque is so stupid that it's funny but Detention is so overly stylish and empty.

Last edited:
I'm not very familiar with Hardy. His Bane was really bad IMO. I don't remember his character in Sucker Punch (I don't remember much of that movie). Is he a good fit for Sam?

I'm not very familiar with Hardy. His Bane was really bad IMO. I don't remember his character in Sucker Punch (I don't remember much of that movie). Is he a good fit for Sam?
He wouldn't be my first choice but I'm sure he will be good. He was great as Mad Max.

TIL Hardy was in Sucker Punch, but not that Sucker Punch.

Personally, I don't really see him as Fisher since I'd prefer an older actor. We'll see though.

I'm surprised that Tom Hardy is still staring in this as well as the fact that the movie is still happening. It's been like four years since it was announced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"