• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Spoilers galore - Ask-anything-thread

Midnight

Civilian
Reaction score
I saw the flick. Tending towards a slight disappointment, definitely not up to par with 2, maybe on par with 1. Ask me anything, I'll spoil away.

How big is giant Sandman?

Is he creampuft marshmellow man huge?

- Do we see Peter play the piano at Aunt Mays?
Does he later play the piano at the Jazz club, and if so, does he do it while doing a handstand on the piano?

How big is giant Sandman?

(I'll try to reference available picture material from trailers if possible, so you get the right impression.) Giant Sandman was seen at the end of the 7-minutes-trailer thing. He's not getting bigger than that. When getting around town, he's flying in the shape of a sandcloud.

Good fx, but nothing special.

As for the 7-minutes-thing, the Harry-Peter-fight, people will be happy to hear that it's vastly improved in the final version. Music's improved, sounds bigger, different audio take of Harry's "You knew this was coming, Pete", thing moves faster, is cut differently . Peter swinging back and throwing the bomb at Harry leads to its explosion and Harry's tumble, his getting the shuriken into his shoulder happens before that - a lot of little bits were missing in the online thing.

Just two things I want cleared up.

Can you confirm that Venom/Brock dies when Pete blows him up with a pumkin bomb? If true how was it shown?

And is it true they have dropped the final swing away at the end?

Thanks!

Just a test question, because I'm jw:

Does Harry know that Peter did not kill his father? When does he find out and how does he find out?

Tempest1 Is he creampuft marshmellow man huge? [/QUOTE said:
Reminded me of the chap in "Ghostbusters", yeah. His role in the finale is lackluster, beating on Peter, who's being held back by Venom, cut-back to a female reporter telling us what the **** we should SEE, then Harry's first bomb beheards Sandy. (He grows it back and survives the finale, which Venom can't really say of himself). Finale is destroyed by a funny but painfully misplaced bit between J.J.J. and a little girl. Thing runs about a minute and is real show stopper.

Tempest1 - Do we see Peter play the piano at Aunt Mays? Does he later play the piano at the Jazz club said:
Was that bar called Aunt May's? Don't recall. Funny scene, he plays the piano and freaks out, runs up the wall and does all sorts of nifty dancing **** that would tell ANYONE (place is packed) that he's ****ing Spider-Man. One of the dumber scenes.

Can you confirm that Venom/Brock dies when Pete blows him up with a pumkin bomb? If true how was it shown?

Not true. Peter throws a pumpkin bomb at the Venom creature which can't escape the trap. Brock jumps back to the creature, obviously wishing to merge with it again. Both are blown up. Peter IS a major ******* in the flick, but he does not willingly kill Brock.

And is it true they have dropped the final swing away at the end?

No final swing. Just a silent dance between Pete and M.J.

Does Harry know that Peter did not kill his father? When does he find out and how does he find out?

Harry's finding out is late in the game. His butler tells him (having held back the info for about three years, well, thank you, sir!).

Okay, you've seen it- just wanted to know due to your whole dust cloud thing...

Can you please explain that further?

Does giant Sandman have legs or does that whole big mass thing float?

Okay, you've seen it- just wanted to know due to your whole dust cloud thing...

Sure, I've seen it. Wouldn't waste anybody's time. Please explain, you don't believe the sand cloud? Well, it's like that. Sandman's flying like that, even drops in on Spidey's big parade. It looks kind of silly.

Does giant Sandman have legs or does that whole big mass thing float?[

Talking about the finale, that big version of his has legs. It looks like a deformed giant and moves rather slowly. Since it's big, we get a lot of Harry surfing around it, burning it with his glider and shattering the now made of glass Sandy's arm.

Harry was the one thing that totally worked. Franco's charming and this cooking scene with M.J. (they kiss, she runs off, he drops his amnesia, slight cameo by Dafoe here, and raises hell for Pete - GREAT moments!), well, Dunst really works better with him. There's very little sparks flying between her and Maguire, who has little new to offer.

What is Bruce Campbell's role?
What is Stan Lee's role?

What's the duration of the royal battle?

When Brock first confronts Sandman on taking on Spider-Man together, how does he look like and does it show some Venom stuff in that scene?

Okay- so, yeah... exactly what I thought- good...

What does Eddie Brock look like in the taxi at the end? When he picks up MJ?

Do we see Eddie Brock going to a bar?

What is Bruce Campbell's role?

He's the Maître de at the fancy restaurant, where Pete wants to propose to MJ. Very, very funny. Gwen shows up, a frustrated MJ rages on Pete, Campbell wants to send the band and the champagne with the ring in it, Pete wiskes him away, Campbell barks his underlings away. Funny.

What is Stan Lee's role?
A dumb one. Talks to Pete on the street. Don't remember the first sentence, but it ended with "nuff said". Dumb, Stan sounded very stiff.

What's the duration of the royal battle?
It was shorter than I expected. Few Venom scenes, fans of his will be pissed, as I'm sure of. Maybe 6-9 minutes?

When Brock first confronts Sandman on taking on Spider-Man together, how does he look like and does it show some Venom stuff in that scene?

Venom gets thrown around by Sandman, who thought it was Spidey - Brock was just swinging around to find Sandy. They talk, Brock shows his face, proposes the team-up and off they go. Sandman's motivation is barely noticeable, the movie has real problems here. He later tries to kill Spidey, yet Pete finally forgives him and lets him get away! Sand cloud again.

Brock's dialogue is terrible! No depth, no fun, no poison. Just a jerk who stalked Gwen and manipulated a picture of Spidey and got exposed by Parker, and now wants to kill him. Wow. Bad work by the screenwriter.

-The 3 1/2 minute clip of the Harry vs Peter fight that was online alot longer in the movie,if so,how much longer,and what kinds of other things happen in it?

-What does Harry do at the battle royale,explain in great detail of him?

-How does Harry die?

Does Eddie Brock have a longer prayer than what was shown in the trailers?

BTW, I'm glad Eddie sounds like a prick- loved that about the novelization- he sounds like the Brock I know from the cartoon to a point that Hank Azarias' voice came out of it while reading it.

The 3 1/2 minute clip of the Harry vs Peter fight that was online alot longer in the movie,if so,how much longer,and what kinds of other things happen in it?

See above, told already. That little chirp at the end, people nonetheless laughed at Harry's fall.

-What does Harry do at the battle royale,explain in great detail of him?

See above, told already. Saves Peter, burns Sandman, surfs around, gets thrown off the glider by Venom, takes the two spikes from the glider (death like his father's) for his friend, final words, dies.

-How does Harry die?[/QUOTE]

In MJ's arms. Like a hero. He's the best part of the flick. Not as much in the flick as I would have liked, but he departs the series like a champ.

Does Eddie Brock have a longer prayer than what was shown in the trailers?
No, that one was short and to the point. Slighty surprising. Up to this moment Brock is a loser, a jerk and an cheater, but now he wants to see Parker dead, just like that? Hello, motivation???? His Venom dialogue skews on brainless, "I enjoy being bad" and stuff like that. Silly. Raimi obviously hates the character. Venom has maybe about 10 minutes of screen time. Not one worked for me.

Midnight, did you think that you couldn't get a really good look at Venom with his mouth open. They seemed to use really quick cuts I thought

Ah, the mouth. He screams very often, high-pitched and uncool. There are a lot of quick cuts to his open jaw, but they're damn fast. Most of the time his mouth is just that line of teeth, personally remembering me of an Orca whale.

Venom is not the powerhouse he needed to be. And there is no real sense of danger emitting from him.

So, you stated no poison? Can you confirm wether or not the following dialouge- or something along these lines is in the film?

- No, not Eddie. Not any more. I'm poison to you Spider-Man- I'm Venom. And I just want you to know, I took your advice. You told me if I wanted forgiveness, I should find religion, so I went to a church last night and asked for it. I asked for everything that had been taken away from me. Damned if I didn't get it. And more. I was handed power, I never dreamed of, Pete. It just... poured down on me as if from heaven above.

-I wanted to see you again, Pete. And talk with you and, well, to be honest, I want to kill you.

- I was thinking humiliation. Just as you humiliated me. But televised. Live-action coverage. Spider-Man screws up and sweet little Mary Jane dies. You made me lose my girl, now I'm going to make you lose yours, with the help of my friend Sandy. I think you've met.

- How can I give this up? Finally, I'm somebody. Look at them down there- waiting for my next move. I like being bad, it makes me happy.

- I was thinking humiliation. Just as you humiliated me. But televised. Live-action coverage. Spider-Man screws up and sweet little Mary Jane dies. You made me lose my girl, now I'm going to make you lose yours, with the help of my friend Sandy. I think you've met.

That one's in. Don't know about word-by-word, but the girl analogy is in.

- How can I give this up? Finally, I'm somebody. Look at them down there- waiting for my next move. I like being bad, it makes me happy.

In. Rest not.

How does Spider-Man know to go to the construction site? Does Venom web some words like "Spider-man stop us if you can" (which looked really lame in the novel)? And does Spidey know that Venom has MJ?

Okay, then that's good- for me- I loved Venom's dialouge in the novelization... as I said, really reminded me of the Venom from the cartoon that I grew up with.

-Does Harry's glider have a flamethrower?
-Does Harry's glider have blades that come out of it like his father's did?
-Does Harry use his knife at all in the battle royale?
-Does Harry use his sword at the battle royale?
-Does Harry use his arm blades at the battle royale?
-Does Harry wear his mask in the battle royale?
-Does Harry use razor bats in the battle royale?
-Harry gets impaled by his own glider,how does that happen?

Btw, thanks for answering our questions.

Seems in the novelization Brock's death is different than the one in the movie. Could you please describe in a detailed way how Brock loose the symbiot and dies?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"