Star Wars Jedi: Survivor

I don't blame them.

Working well on the PS5 for me, though it has crashed. Performance mode is only really consistent at 45, but that's fine for me. Not really what was promised though. I am loving it.

Last edited:
I've played about ten hours, it's incredible so far. Minimal issues for me on PS5, besides the framerate drops. Too bad about the bumpy launch, this is one of the greatest Star Wars games ever made. Fallen Order was good, but this is just significantly more fun to play, there's a lot more to do and it feels fresh.

Well, EA is definitely back to being evil....The PC Port is broken and look where their priorities are with the newest patches:
FvC_ZEwWYAEQi_t

Far be it from me to defend EA, but at the end it says that the PC version already received those fixes. Is it still broken even after that?

I'm enjoying the game, but my main critique is that the side quests seem a bit random in terms of difficulty level. Quite a few of the side quests in that first big planet seem like they want you to come back later, when you've levelled up. So don't give me that side quest yet? Haha.

I still think God of War has set the gold standard for side quests, things you can instantly focus on and they flesh out the environmental narrative more as you go.

Just finished the main storyline and I took my time exploring too but there's still a couple spots I left for later (when I went for the final boss I had already gotten all the upgrades I wanted and then some tho).

I'm sorry that PC users got shafted once again by a terrible port. Working in game dev I know how publisher priorities can make you deliver a bad product out of some arbitrary release date they set. This is also why game delays have become common - there's eagerness to announce release dates (Quarterly revenue time periods are to blame) but not much attention to overall product quality. That said, played it on PS5 and the detail in this game is jawdropping to me. The lush environments and organic levels just feel amazing to run around. I got a couple stutters here and there but nothing that severe - I did notice that the game quality/resolution seemed to downgrade a bit after the patch? Not sure.

Game itself remains really fun and consistent with the original Fallen Order and improves on what was a very solid foundation - if it ain't broke, don't fix it. But the story is where it's at and

When I defeated Dagan, it felt too easy and anticlimatic so I felt that the game wasn't done even tho it was wrapping up. By then, I started to hope for a last minute twist with Bode or something interesting. As soon as Bode started trying to convince you to go alone to Tallanor on that warm Jedha campfire my suspicions were confirmed and I got so much more invested in the game's plot all of a sudden - so much that I might have wished for more even tho we were in the final act? A dad trying to do right by his daughter makes for such a compelling villain, only thing that I'd prefer is if he didn't use a red lightsaber - keep it between former Jedi with differing viewpoints, no need to go formal Dark Side with him...

Absolutely loved this, it's a shame this is marred by such a poor PC launch (yeah, performance isn't great on console either, but it is very much playable), because it might just be my favorite Star Wars game yet, everything I loved about Fallen Order got expanded on and my gripes largely were all addressed, customization and exploration in particular are amazing this time around. Mostly love the new saber stances as well, dual wield feels a bit underwhelming but blaster and crossguard are amazing, really enjoyed the Bloodborne style parry system you get with the blaster. Also, I really, really appreciate it when games like this don't start off by taking away all of your skills from the previous game, so thanks Respawn for not pulling that BS.

Last edited:
Not nearly done this, looking up guides it seems I'm halfway through the story alone, but I've been having a great time with it. Story's been very compelling so far, the lightsaber stances add some fun variety, and - just like the last one - I am loving the characters, old and new. 10/10 for Zee and DD.

Just finished the main storyline and I took my time exploring too but there's still a couple spots I left for later (when I went for the final boss I had already gotten all the upgrades I wanted and then some tho).

I'm sorry that PC users got shafted once again by a terrible port. Working in game dev I know how publisher priorities can make you deliver a bad product out of some arbitrary release date they set. This is also why game delays have become common - there's eagerness to announce release dates (Quarterly revenue time periods are to blame) but not much attention to overall product quality. That said, played it on PS5 and the detail in this game is jawdropping to me. The lush environments and organic levels just feel amazing to run around. I got a couple stutters here and there but nothing that severe - I did notice that the game quality/resolution seemed to downgrade a bit after the patch? Not sure.

Game itself remains really fun and consistent with the original Fallen Order and improves on what was a very solid foundation - if it ain't broke, don't fix it. But the story is where it's at and

When I defeated Dagan, it felt too easy and anticlimatic so I felt that the game wasn't done even tho it was wrapping up. By then, I started to hope for a last minute twist with Bode or something interesting. As soon as Bode started trying to convince you to go alone to Tallanor on that warm Jedha campfire my suspicions were confirmed and I got so much more invested in the game's plot all of a sudden - so much that I might have wished for more even tho we were in the final act? A dad trying to do right by his daughter makes for such a compelling villain, only thing that I'd prefer is if he didn't use a red lightsaber - keep it between former Jedi with differing viewpoints, no need to go formal Dark Side with him...
As you say, the detail and lush environments are awesome. That’s something I love in my favourite games. Fallen Order and this are really restoring my faith that franchise tie-in games can be great with the right teams.

I beat the story last night but saved this post for today on account of May the 4th. As much as I love Fallen Order, Survivor is such a step up in presentation, gameplay, and story. It looked amazing even though the game did crash on me a couple of times on the PS5 specifically during moments where the Mantis was about to come out of hyperspace arriving at Koboh, this was also after the recent patch. Even with those bumps in the road it's definitely right up near the top as one of the best Star Wars games of all time.

Spoilery stuff:

Up until Chapter 5 I thought that the story was good although I was getting a little tired of the constant back and forth from Koboh but then once the Rayvis boss fight happened everything kicked into hyperdrive. The third act was very long but it was the best part of the game, by comparison I thought Fallen Order ended too abruptly but it was the complete opposite here. Everything that happened on Jedha was insane. I had a feeling that someone was going to die and as soon as Vader showed up I knew Cere was done for. What really broke me was poor little BD-1 running into Cal's arms in the aftermath. :csad: I swear, that little guy is both the best droid (sorry, R2) and cutest character (sorry, Grogu) in the whole franchise. Something always seemed off about Bode so I wasn't that shocked when he was revealed to be a traitor. The only thing I couldn't believe was that he was the final boss of the game and gave me more of a fight than Vader did. To recap, it took me less time to defeat the Dark Lord of the Sith than some dude cosplaying as Mal Reynolds with rocket boots. :o Side note about Bode, I found out after I beat the game that he was played by the same guy who played Charles in Red Dead Redemption II. I thought his voice sounded familiar so that was awesome to see him in a larger role here.

Regarding gameplay, I have to say that Koboh felt about as leaned on as Tatooine was in the movies but I gotta hand it to them, for as much time that's spent on that planet there's certainly variety within it. You get Space Texas (as @Sithborg appropriately put it), spooky creepy foggy swamp land, a whole Bespin-like environment high in the clouds (HARDCORE PARKOUR!), and the Trade Federation warship felt like a mini planet all its own (complete with TPM nostalgia fighting off droidekas in the hallway).

I also loved the crossguard stance. I kept that equipped most of the time once I unlocked it. Yeah it's slow and clunky but there's so much POWER. They really did a good job of making it feel heavy compared to the other saber types.

I'm really looking forward to the next chapter moving forward with Cal, Merrin and Greez taking Bode's daughter under their wing. I'm also hoping they incorporate some of these characters into the live action series.

Spoilery stuff:

Regarding gameplay, I have to say that Koboh felt about as leaned on as Tatooine was in the movies but I gotta hand it to them, for as much time that's spent on that planet there's certainly variety within it. You get Space Texas (as @Sithborg appropriately put it), spooky creepy foggy swamp land, a whole Bespin-like environment high in the clouds (HARDCORE PARKOUR!), and the Trade Federation warship felt like a mini planet all its own (complete with TPM nostalgia fighting off droidekas in the hallway).

Koboh was an awesome hubworld they pulled off this time, specially in comparison to Bogano.

One of Star Wars' quirks with its planets seems to be the single biome kind of thing so it's nice to see them put so much variety in the same PLANET.

That said, did anyone else feel like this time around we didn't get as much variety in terms of the TYPE of environments? I kept comparing this to the first game with the likes of Kashyyyk, Ilum and Dathomir and I guess its pretty much tied but it felt more varied.

I guess it's because we got 2 or 3 industrial/high-tech base environments and then desert-like Jedha which also matched Koboh's wild west feel in a way. I missed more old Jedi Temple segments with new Force power learning and puzzles, the Zeffo stuff was really cool in the first game.

I really hope they go towards Dark Side stuff in the next game. Bring on full Grey Jedi Cal Kestis and give us Force Lightning and Force Choke. It's really the only missing element to make this franchise feel like a modern Jedi Knight game (and the really fluid saber combat instead of this arcadey combo thing but this plays well on console).

I have an extra preorder bonus for anyone who has a PS and is in the US. I tried giving it to someone overseas and it didn’t work. Message me. Also, I can’t dislike you. :)

Very excited to hear the above positive reactions. Hopefully this means we’re getting more games in this series and they keep showing this level of improvement.

I finished the game a couple of days ago, and I loved it. The combat feels leagues better than Fallen Order. More responsive and fluid. The different stances really add an extra layer of depth to the game. The crossguard stance is by far my favourite. I love how you can uppercut people across the room with some of its moves.

The frame drops and texture pop-ins were a bit rough, and I actually found the game to run more pleasantly with performance mode off. In my 25 hours or so of playtime, I only ran into one game-breaking bug.

During the section in the ISB base, there was a part that required BD's zappy ability. The problem was that the game had stopped registering inputs from down on my D-Pad. So I had to restart the game, and I lost about 20 minutes of progress. Annoying, but I lived with it.

Though it was funny when I met Turgle for the first time, and his skin texture didn't load until like 4 seconds after he appeared on-screen. That's the kind of bug you just laugh at.

I finished the game a couple of days ago, and I loved it. The combat feels leagues better than Fallen Order. More responsive and fluid. The different stances really add an extra layer of depth to the game. The crossguard stance is by far my favourite. I love how you can uppercut people across the room with some of its moves.

The frame drops and texture pop-ins were a bit rough, and I actually found the game to run more pleasantly with performance mode off. In my 25 hours or so of playtime, I only ran into one game-breaking bug.

During the section in the ISB base, there was a part that required BD's zappy ability. The problem was that the game had stopped registering inputs from down on my D-Pad. So I had to restart the game, and I lost about 20 minutes of progress. Annoying, but I lived with it.

Though it was funny when I met Turgle for the first time, and his skin texture didn't load until like 4 seconds after he appeared on-screen. That's the kind of bug you just laugh at.
Yeah, definitely a much more pleasant experience in quality mode, the resolution and fps jumps around so much in performance mode that you can't really adjust to it, quality is much more consistent. The saloon also loads a lot faster in quality mode for some weird reason.

It seems counter productive to port this to PS4. If it was 2 years ago, sure, but PS5s are easier to get now.

That's.. bizarre. I thought performance was an issue with this one. Don't see how on earth they'll make it run on the previous gen. Fallen Order struggled on ps4 already ha.

Last edited:
PS4 is turning 11 neXt year.

I guess PS4 players are still in huge numbers and the additional sales from that group is still too important to be left out with these newer games.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"