Star Wars: The Old Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had anyone of you noticed this? I hadn't, until today.

I've taken entirely too many screenshots. Here are just a few:

Screenshot_2012-02-17_23_00_48_950696.jpg

Screenshot_2012-02-24_21_53_52_459153.jpg

Screenshot_2012-02-13_22_37_02_839880.jpg

Screenshot_2012-02-11_22_27_41_026952.jpg

Screenshot_2012-02-11_15_19_08_760294.jpg

Screenshot_2012-02-08_22_54_28_470396.jpg

Screenshot_2012-02-04_20_22_22_227618.jpg

SWTOR putting a mailbox on the Millennium Falcon (and other Q&A tidbits)

(9 hours ago)
Sci-fi, Star Wars: The Old Republic, Community Q&A, Dev Diaries

With the upcoming Guild Summit for Star Wars: The Old Republic, BioWare had less time than usual to answer the weekly barrage of questions sent in by players, but an honest attempt was made to address some of them.

The biggest news to come out of this new Q&A is that BioWare will be improving ship functionality through the Legacy system. We know that this system will allow players to unlock beneficial and cosmetic features inside the game, and Principle Leads System Designer Damion Schubert confirms that two of those unlocks will be the addition of mailboxes and Galactic Trade Network access to player ships. Schubert also said that BioWare is on the verge of revealing all about Legacies: "Watch for more information about Legacy unlocks coming in Game Update 1.2 -- we should be dropping that Real Soon Now."

Other topics covered in the Q&A include endgame crafting gear, grey alignment rewards, why BioWare is sticking to a global maintenance window, the ability to turn off the smart camera in 1.2, and the mystery of the Accuracy stat.

[Thanks to Drakkonus for the tip!]

Where can I buy gifts for my companions

At the gifts vendor in the Imperial or Republic fleet. The vendor will be in the "galactic trade" area but it is better ( IMO ) to send your compagnions on "gifts missions".

I think the fleet vendors are limited to rank 1 and 2 gifts. Underworld trading and diplomacy crew skills have the missions to get better ones.

If you're just starting out, Hellion, I'd highly recommend you taking:
- cybertech to make your own ship upgrades, earpieces and item mods (once you find modable gear that you like you can upgrade it every few levels)
- scavenging because it's very easy to build up even without running special missions
- underworld trading to get the special crafting materials and higher rank companion gifts

I"m just starting out...(finally bought that new pc)...thanks for the tips...!!!...Much Appreciated...

one more thing though.......I have my desktop plugged in using hdmi to a 32" Sony Google TV, and in the game the top tool-menu bar is almost completely cut out, and the bottom tool-move bar is slightly cut out...how could I adjust the screen to fit everything...would I do that through the game settings/preferences, the desktop, or the tv?

When I ran Age of Conan on our big TV upstairs I had to download the shareware app "PowerStrip" to re-position my screen. Maybe you could give that a shot?

Epic in scope: SWTOR's James Ohlen explains plans for the future (35 minutes ago)

Events, real-world, Interviews, Patches, PvP, Endgame, PvE, Massively Interviews, Star Wars: The Old Republic

As the Star Wars: The Old Republic guild leaders lined up to get a taste of the Lost Island flashpoint, I was at BioWare studios getting my hands dirty with deeper PvE and PvP content as well as speaking with developers like Combat Designer Georg Zoeller, Lead Writer Daniel Erickson, Art Director Jeff Dobson, and Lead Designer Emmanuel Lusinchi. However, the best part was at the end of the day when I was able to speak one-on-one with Creative Director James Ohlen.

Ohlen touches nearly every aspect of the game's development. It was important to me to find out why this game is as popular as it is and what BioWare was going to do to retain its current playerbase. The first stop was the latest game update, which should hit test servers really soon. Continue Reading

source : massively

I think the fleet vendors are limited to rank 1 and 2 gifts. Underworld trading and diplomacy crew skills have the missions to get better ones.

If you're just starting out, Hellion, I'd highly recommend you taking:
- cybertech to make your own ship upgrades, earpieces and item mods (once you find modable gear that you like you can upgrade it every few levels)
- scavenging because it's very easy to build up even without running special missions
- underworld trading to get the special crafting materials and higher rank companion gifts

Every "sub trade skills" ( the one linked to the main crafting skill ) have compagnon gift missions.

About the trade skills/crew skills: all of them are close to useless and are a waste of time and money ( unless you like crafting for the sake of it ).

At the moment, the only usefull skill is: Biotech ( stim, medpack, implant ).
Cybertech is ok, you can craft and sell or use for yourself armoring and mod ( the stuff that goes into the orange armor ).

I would strongly advice those who wish to craft to read the official SWTOR forum "Crew Skill".

one more thing though.......I have my desktop plugged in using hdmi to a 32" Sony Google TV, and in the game the top tool-menu bar is almost completely cut out, and the bottom tool-move bar is slightly cut out...how could I adjust the screen to fit everything...would I do that through the game settings/preferences, the desktop, or the tv?

I don't know the answer but it is not in the game settings, as you will soon discover or already did, the video settings are extremly limited.
Have a look at the desktop or your TV settings.

Every "sub trade skills" ( the one linked to the main crafting skill ) have compagnon gift missions.

Nope. Not all do. Slicing for example only allows you missions for augments and lockboxes. You might hit a crit success to get gifts but not likely.

About the trade skills/crew skills: all of them are close to useless and are a waste of time and money ( unless you like crafting for the sake of it ).

At the moment, the only usefull skill is: Biotech ( stim, medpack, implant ).
Cybertech is ok, you can craft and sell or use for yourself armoring and mod ( the stuff that goes into the orange armor ).

I would strongly advice those who wish to craft to read the official SWTOR forum "Crew Skill".

Biotech? Not sure about that. I guess it depends on your play-style.

I've found that if you go with a modable item in every slot, cybertech will save you a TON of money over the course of levelling and you get to keep the gear that looks/sounds best. :yay:

Nope. Not all do. Slicing for example only allows you missions for augments and lockboxes. You might hit a crit success to get gifts but not likely.

Biotech? Not sure about that. I guess it depends on your play-style.

I've found that if you go with a modable item in every slot, cybertech will save you a TON of money over the course of levelling and you get to keep the gear that looks/sounds best. :yay:

Slicing isn't a trade skill, it is a "gathering" skill and has been nerfed highly ( and rightly too ). I was 400 slicing ( post nerf ) and respected out of it.

Biotech is the most usefull skill at the moment from lvl 1 to 50, both in PvP and PvE.

Yes you can craft your own Armoring and Mod with Cybertech but you can buy them with planet commandations that drop aplenty and at level 50 nobody will buy your stuff because you have much better purple Armoring, Mod with the Ilium commendations ( same with Armstech barrels ).
Anyway, like I said previously Cybertech is the second usefull tradeskill.

Currently the tradeskills are a joke. I am a 400 Armstech thinking I will craft my own blasters ( bounty hunter ), nope, I used better orange/moddable blasters and I only craft weapons ( sniper rifle ) for my alt character.
Same thing for the Armortech and Synthweave, you barely sell stuff between 1 and 50 and at 50 you only make money with bracers and belts mostly.

Anyway, with patch 1.2 the tradeskills should be a bit better.

Last edited:
Here's my Sith Warrior...not too impressive at the moment:
IMAG1026.jpg

was already told he looked a bit emo with that hair...

There is truth in that statement.
Darth Hellion The EmoSith, not a bad title :)

Note : there is no "barbershop" or "hairstyler" in game, you can't change your haircut ( yet ) but you can hyde your face behind your helm.

Leave your legacy with Star Wars: The Old Republic's newest dev dispatch video

(7 hours ago)
Sci-fi, Video, News items, Star Wars: The Old Republic, Dev Diaries

Star Wars: The Old Republic's patch 1.2 is slowly creeping over the horizon, and that means players are one step closer to getting to try out the next steps in the game's Legacy progression system for themselves. In light of this, BioWare has released a new video highlighting the inner workings of the Legacy system to give players a look at what exactly they can expect.

Here's a recap for the uninitiated: The Legacy system unlocks after a character completes chapter one of the storyline, and from that point on that character will gain Legacy experience in addition to the normal combat experience. Progressing through the Legacy system will unlock a variety of spiffy treats -- such as special skills, new class-race combinations, account-bound gear, and more -- for all characters on a player's account. Obviously the benefits are greatest for altoholics (whoo!), but even one-character players will be able to benefit from the new abilities and other unlocks. Of course, you don't have to take our word for it; the full developer dispatch video can be seen just past the cut.​
Continue Reading

Star Wars: The Old Republic

Update 1.2: Legacy -Tie characters with relationships and pass on traits from parents to children with the Legacy 1.2 update to Star Wars: The Old Republic.
plat_pc_default.gif

new.gif

Posted 17 mins ago

Last edited:
I noticed that EA posted the SWTOR security key generator for android tablets/phones.

If anybody wants to unlock the fleet or home planet security key special item vendor, you don't need to buy that security generator from EA's site, you can just download the app and run it off your tablet or phone to get the same effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"