Stargate SG-1/Atlantis/Universe

Status
Not open for further replies.
... sheppard will be feared by all humans in Pegasus after that showing of military prowess. He killed what 60 - 70 dudes in one episode, single handed. Pretty cool

You got that right I will be honestly surprised if they try anything like that again the genine or however you spell that name

episode 12 of atlantis was alright.... but I think the team is going to start needing some reinforcements soon... ei, they lose about to Team members an episode.

Anyone have any idea how many people, soldiers/scientists were sent to atlantis? Because at this rate, there aren't gonna be many people left til they can get some new recruits from earth

I just got cable back a couple weeks ago after losing it right before the premiere of Atlantis so from the 2 episodes I've watched so far I'm still completely lost as to what's going on

Wiseman said:
I just got cable back a couple weeks ago after losing it right before the premiere of Atlantis so from the 2 episodes I've watched so far I'm still completely lost as to what's going on

atlantis is found in another galaxy (pegasus)

a expedition of nerds gates to atlantis (one way trip) with a couple of army dudes to protect them

we (earth humans) wake up the badguys, the people who killed the ancients(the people who built atlantis). They suck life from humans like livestock, and live forever, unless they are killed.

we (earth humans) also manage to piss off the other humans in this new galaxy because of our high moral superiority. Pegasus humans are all scattered and fragmented because that's how the badguys like em

basically, that's what's happened so far

Superfreak said:
atlantis is found in another galaxy (pegasus)

a expedition of nerds gates to atlantis (one way trip) with a couple of army dudes to protect them

we (earth humans) wake up the badguys, the people who killed the ancients(the people who built atlantis). They suck life from humans like livestock, and live forever, unless they are killed.

we (earth humans) also manage to piss off the other humans in this new galaxy because of our high moral superiority. Pegasus humans are all scattered and fragmented because that's how the badguys like em

basically, that's what's happened so far

Thanks for filling me in, I appreciate it :up:

and let's not forget the main army dude slash O'Neil clone, Major Sheppard- should change his name to Major Hottie. :)

LadyVader said:
and let's not forget the main army dude slash O'Neil clone, Major Sheppard- should change his name to Major Hottie. :)

Teyla's hot too, every episode they just make her hotter and hotter (in an amazon kind of way) Ahhhhh Chicks with guns

ps. Weir is the WORST character on the show. All she does is whine. They should just kill her off as a cheap plot device, and let the story follow Sheppard instead. (I know she's the 'general hammond' character on Atlantis, but she's so God damn annoying)

Another year of Stargate is coming to an end... so I thought I might bring this back to life.

I'm very excited for the finale of Atlantis... powered with a ZPM retrieved from Earth of the past, we'll finally get to see what this city is capable of. I'm very excited to see how this season plays out. I REALLY want to see sheppard in another dog fight with a battle ready 'space mini van'.

As for SG-1, I HATE time travel, but the season has been solid over all. Ben Browder joining the cast next season, as a veteran fighter pilot is going to be a blast. Rumors seem to define him as the commander of the X-302 squadron that defended Antartica from the Anubis fleet, and subsequently given his choice of assignments after getting shot down. So obviously he chooses SG-1. I see this season of SG-1 as very solid episodes, but nothing special happening as far as saving the universe from evil (that'll be next season)

all in all, I'm very excited to see how both series play out their season finales.

hey! Daniel gets hooked up in Prometheus Unbound? I read some quotes on tvtome.com between him and a woman and they were so funny together. i'm interested to see how this Vala person looks. From the quotes she sounds like a Mara Jade type of gal, which you know, are so cool.
Can't wait to see that episode.

LadyVader said:
hey! Daniel gets hooked up in Prometheus Unbound? I read some quotes on tvtome.com between him and a woman and they were so funny together. i'm interested to see how this Vala person looks. From the quotes she sounds like a Mara Jade type of gal, which you know, are so cool.
Can't wait to see that episode.

Vala is Claudia Black, Aeryn from Farscape... their relationship (the whole 1 episode of it) is very strange... as Daniel notes in the episode, she's a freak. Although the episode itself doesn't GO ANYWHERE (by itself atleast)

All GOOD relationships start out like that.
And Daniel could get a little freaky. Wouldn't kill him... I think. :D

thehippie said:
Hey does anyone here watch the great sci-fi channels show Stargate Sg1. If so what you all expect of the new season and the spin off series stargate atlantis?:ghost:

SG-1 is a great show. I heard that Richard Dean Anderson is leaving the show and going to make Mulder-esque appearences every now and then. Even though that dude from Farscape is filling the gap in the team I doubt the show can last at this rate. The first season is still my favorite...and I don't like the Atlantis spin-off.

Claudia_Black.jpg

heh, I like her. Liked her on Farscape too.
But Michael and Lexa look much better together.
Here's to them having a long and happy marriage! :)

KingOfDreams said:
SG-1 is a great show. I heard that Richard Dean Anderson is leaving the show and going to make Mulder-esque appearences every now and then.

I hope that doesn't happen, with SG-1 on it's way out in the next year or two. I'm pretty sure they'll just keep him as he is this season. As the general in charge, not on the Sgteam, so not the center of the action.

You're right SuperFreak
Prometheus unbound didn't go ANYWHERE... with the plot that is.
But I still enjoyed it immensely. I think that since "Wormhole Extreme" I haven't laughed so hard at a SG episode.
Daniel's look when the "super-soldier" said he was attractive was absolutely priceless! It amazes me that after 8 years he still fights like a girl. :)

LadyVader said:
You're right SuperFreak
Prometheus unbound didn't go ANYWHERE... with the plot that is.
But I still enjoyed it immensely. I think that since "Wormhole Extreme" I haven't laughed so hard at a SG episode.
Daniel's look when the "super-soldier" said he was attractive was absolutely priceless! It amazes me that after 8 years he still fights like a girl. :)

you're gonna love this seasons recap episode!!!!! it's the best version they've done so far, and it has a plot which is odd, but works quite well in achieving its goal. Wormhole extreme actually makes an appearance in the episode, which is really funny. "WHAT DID YOU DO WITH MY STONE!?!?!?!?!?!??!" Just a good episode.

I've been watching the episodes early too. I couldn't help it! But the ending to that recap episode is HILARIOUS. Daniel and Sam's reactions especially. :)

Also, Weir's kinda growing on me. There's an episode coming up that made me appreciate her a little more.

I'm looking forward to the new episodes starting on Sci-Fi tomorrow so I can finally discuss some of this stuff with the rest of you. The finales seem like they'll be awesome on both shows, especially since I, unlike Superfreak, loooove time travel. I'm looking forward to Browder's character next season, although people have expressed concern that he may look too much like Daniel for them to share the screen comfortably. What do you guys think? I'm betting they try something different with Ben and either give him a crew cut (since he's a military dude) or let it grow out and be kinda shaggy. I'd prefer the latter since it's such a stark contrast to his Farscape counterpart...

TheCorpulent1 said:
I've been watching the episodes early too. I couldn't help it! But the ending to that recap episode is HILARIOUS. Daniel and Sam's reactions especially. :)

Also, Weir's kinda growing on me. There's an episode coming up that made me appreciate her a little more.

I'm looking forward to the new episodes starting on Sci-Fi tomorrow so I can finally discuss some of this stuff with the rest of you. The finales seem like they'll be awesome on both shows, especially since I, unlike Superfreak, loooove time travel. I'm looking forward to Browder's character next season, although people have expressed concern that he may look too much like Daniel for them to share the screen comfortably. What do you guys think? I'm betting they try something different with Ben and either give him a crew cut (since he's a military dude) or let it grow out and be kinda shaggy. I'd prefer the latter since it's such a stark contrast to his Farscape counterpart...

I will concede that SG-1 does time travel better than most other Sci Fi shows out there. I just don't ever feel like time travel is a 'desperate situation', b/c as Bill and Teds explained, you have an infinite amount of time to fix your mistakes. The time travel plot is obviously being used as a spring board for Atlantis (just a side thought, the tagline for Atlantis should have been this: Stargate Atlantis: Batteries Not Included).

With the time travel, I'm really looking forward to seeing what 'Goauld Earth' was like, and should be very interesting. I think they should revisit a concept that they used in the very first season. From the episode where Daniel 'died' (the first one). The episode was called Fire and Water, with the 'Fish' guy that faked Daniel's death. The Fish guy was searching for his mate, who had gone to earth to save it from the Goauld. She had been killed on earth 1000's of years ago, so it was Daniel (the historian) who knew of her demise. I'd really like to see that plot revisited, so that Daniel can finaly tell Nam (the fish guy) what really happened to her.

For next season what I would like to see. I suspect season 9 will be SG-1's last, maybe not though. But I would like to see SG-1 end with Earth befriending those advanced aliens that always dicked around with us in the early seasons of the series. The Nox, Nam (the fish guy) all wrapped up with the Asgard. Essentially, I want to see some of the ground work layed in the episode 'The Fifth Race' to come into early stages of fruition.

I'm just psyched right now, as both season finales approach in the next few weeks

I'd like to see the series end with humans becoming the Fifth Race too. I don't remember that episode with Daniel and Nam though. I haven't seen all the episodes since I just started watching 2 seasons ago and I haven't gotten the money to buy all the season DVDs yet. I just got season 7 last week... I'm gonna work my way down.

I've always liked interconnectivity in anything that has spin-offs. I like when comics cross over with one another (provided it makes sense) and I like when TV shows do it. I think Atlantis has been separate enough from SG-1 to come into its own though.

I get what you mean about the time travel stuff, but I think that just brings more focus onto the characters. Understandably, they're gonna want to set things right and go back to their own timeline, which still creates a sense of urgency.

Oh yeah, I was just watching the Behind the Gate special and I saw that Rainbow's got a big Deadpool picture on his fridge. Extra cool points for Rainbow! :)

TheCorpulent1 said:
What do you guys think? I'm betting they try something different with Ben and either give him a crew cut (since he's a military dude) or let it grow out and be kinda shaggy. I'd prefer the latter since it's such a stark contrast to his Farscape counterpart...

Well there were those couple of Episodes in Farscape with him looking like a long haired hobo.

Oh yeah, I was just watching the Behind the Gate special and I saw that Rainbow's got a big Deadpool picture on his fridge. Extra cool points for Rainbow!

With a name like Rainbow, he definetely needs them. :)
Anyway, my favourite Atlantis character is McKay. Did you see Hot Zone? Man.. I almost got teary eyed when McKay started his death speech.

LadyVader said:
Anyway, my favourite Atlantis character is McKay. Did you see Hot Zone? Man.. I almost got teary eyed when McKay started his death speech.

I was a little worried about Rainbow in SGA, but he's turned out well. From a Much Music(MTV canada) VJ, to SGA, is a pretty big jump, but it worked out well.

Anybody notice that on SGA, they've explained what Flashbang grenades are about 7 times this season. "all are weapons are gone, what do we have left?" " We have flashbangs!!!" . then they go on to explain what flashbangs are for the umpteenth time this season

Lord Blackbolt said:
Well there were those couple of Episodes in Farscape with him looking like a long haired hobo.

Crichton Kicks, my favorite all time episode of Farscape

LadyVader said:
Yep, McKay is definitely the best character on Atlantis. Hell, he rivals O'Neill himself as most consistently entertaining character in Stargate history as far as I'm concerned, especially in the coming episodes. :up:

Anyway, don't rag on Rainbow 'cause his parents were hippies. :( I had such a geek moment when I saw that DP poster... I was wondering whether he preferred Kelly or Priest. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"