State of Decay

I think I have that guy, is his name Julius? He comes with another fellow who seems pretty useless. I got Julius anyway, he has a cowboy hat and comes with a shotgun, handy dude.

I'm still at the church with 8 survivors, I had more but...well one died and I'm not quite sure what happened to the other 2-3. The park ranger guy is a pain in the ass, I might have to make him leave if he has another mood swing. Anyway, the game seems to be encouraging me to change locations for the Home Base, but my small group is prospering very well at the church.

One thing I can't quite figure, I've tried several times to send out a message over the radio asking for more survivors (though now I'm not sure why I'd want more people?) and I never get a response. Is that common, or do I need to move into a bigger place first? I'm not sure I can move into a bigger place without getting more survivors first. Catch 22, sort of.

I'd just keep making calls. All my survivors excluding Lily are friends now so I don't think I have to worry about any of them dying on missions anymore. Once you got that down, a few materials runs and you should be able to move into the largest house in the southern part of the map pretty easily.

The call for survivors is a chance outcome so sometimes it won't work.

Ahh, I see.

I haven't had much luck turning my current set of survivors into friends. There's 4 that automatically became friends because I rescued them, but Lily, her brother and Ranger Allan, who I all started with, aren't pals with me yet.

Maybe I'll keep making calls...not sure why I'd want a bigger group though. Bigger group means more resources, more to manage, more potential for chaos. The church is a fine location, especially now that I have it running reasonably well.

I moved because it kept giving me tips to build more facilities that I just didn't have the space for.

Eventually you'll drain your starting area of supplies and want to move anyway.

From what I read, a lot of people go with the warehouse. There is also that little house with the tree hut, and a farm. The farm has no walls, which seems to negate it being a viable option (plus you're miles from anywhere). Are there any others beyond those, and the church?

These are the home locations to my knowledge:

Snyder Warehouse (where I set up)
McReady Farmhouse
Savini Residence
The Alamo (Mexican Restaurant)
Kirkman Residence
County Fairground (this doesn't open until later in the game)

Undead Labs double taps plans for State of Decay multiplayer

(1 hour ago)

State of Decay developer Undead Labs has been "thoroughly evaluating the possibility of adding co-op multiplayer" to the game and apparently determined that there isn't one. Co-op multiplayer was originally planned for the game, but ultimately scrapped as Undead Labs thought its inclusion could delay the launch of State of Decay for as much as half a year. An update on the developer's forums dashes all hopes that multiplayer might've someday made it into the Xbox Live Arcade hit.

In an update on the forums, "Undead Jeff" explains that it would take close to nine months to get multiplayer into the game. "We could 'check the box' and shoehorn multiplayer in sooner than that, but it wouldn't be a great experience, and certainly not one we'd be proud of," he explains. On top of that, pursuing multiplayer would inhibit Undead Labs' ability to support the game with further title updates and DLC.

As for future games, "Undead Jeff" says, "Multiplayer will be the absolute heart of any future State of Decay games. As many of you know, we've always had ambitious plans for the future of State of Decay, and those plans have not changed."

Ah that sucks, I think co-op could be great if they retooled the game to be even more difficult.

Heck I want a harder difficulty mode regardless. :cmad:

they just want to have done right which ius fine by me I like when dev's like them actually want to do something like this of which they are new to, to be done carefully and we don't have mess which will certain gamers *****ing for years about like how Capcom messed things up. and that does not mean new things shouldn't be tried ether.

But they are giving serious thought about implementing and that's good. I'd rather it be done right if at all. if you can't then don't bother til you learn how to do so . so I don't haves to hear the years on end ***** fest. it'll be in she sequel from jump and that will be fine. lets enjoy what we have at present now.
And most importantly of all let it be optional. the single player part is important and should always be there for those that want to play that only.

Last edited:
Sweet. I played the demo and really enjoyed it. Bout to buy it

I'm loving it so far. Havent died yet but ive had a few close shaves. You sure run out of stamina fast.

Besides the choppy framerate and other glitches like that, and the clunky menus, i think its a pretty well made game. The concept is great. Co-op would be amazing.

Unless you do something really silly, I think it's quite difficult to die. Like, you basically have to die on purpose. I only had one character die early on because I made her leap off a tower that was surrounded, little did I know at the time that you can switch characters even when you're not home. Oh well.

Oh, she survived the fall too. The zombies tore her apart when I did nothing to stop it.

I was dying pretty regularly til I started taking cars everywhere. They pretty much make you invincible. It's easy to get caught by large group with a gun that needs to be reloaded often.

Guns will also constantly attract more zombies, best used as a last resort and then leave the area when you're done. Melee is the better option for combat, I think. The best option is to avoid combat completely, if possible. I never walk anywhere I don't have to, cars are definitely key to a prolonged life.

Last edited:
Unless you do something really silly, I think it's quite difficult to die. Like, you basically have to die on purpose. I only had one character die early on because I made her leap off a tower that was surrounded, little did I know at the time that you can switch characters even when you're not home. Oh well.

Oh, she survived the fall too. The zombies tore her apart when I did nothing to stop it.
oh man. Right after i read this is started up the game, went out, and got attacked by a zombie id never seen before. it ran on all fours and kept knocking me over. i shot it like 5 times with a rifle and thought it was dead. but then the shots drew zombies to me and the thing got back up and killed me. I lost maya. :( lol

Ooh. I'm glad I stumbled across this thread. This game looks awesome. Whats the latest news on it being ported to PC?

oh man. Right after i read this is started up the game, went out, and got attacked by a zombie id never seen before. it ran on all fours and kept knocking me over. i shot it like 5 times with a rifle and thought it was dead. but then the shots drew zombies to me and the thing got back up and killed me. I lost maya. :( lol

A 'Feral'!

Those things are nasty. The other 'special' zombie types are relatively easy to take out or just plain get away from, but Feral zombies move so damn fast it's really hard to get a good head shot. Even trying to run them down in the car is hard because unlike all the others, they have the good sense to get out the way -and they do is fast! Fortunately they don't seem to show up as often as the others.

I'm at the warehouse, which extra things should I build besides the ones it came with? Like should I leave out a library in favor of a garden or what? Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"