State of Decay

Yea i played the demo and thought it was pretty damn good. No other game handles zombies better right now. You actually feel like you are in an episode of the walking dead, which is odd considering we have 2 games based on that franchise and this puts you in the zombie apocalypse better than both. The open world concept is just great for this genre. The games visuals deff arent its selling point, but it doesnt look so bad that it distracts you. I mean the zombie kills look just awesome. Like CBB said, for 20 bux, there is a lot here. Im deff gonna get the full version at some point.

The trailer after the demo ends, showing some guy that kinda looks like Raylan Givens (dude in the cowboy hat) kinda has me itching to buy it sooner, too, just to play as that dude.

If I had to choose someone to be during the Zombie Apocalypse....Raylan Givens is probably in the top 5.

And anyone can die, right? I think I heard that nobody is safe in this, and death is permanent in-game.

And anyone can die, right? I think I heard that nobody is safe in this, and death is permanent in-game.

Yeah, you can't save manually so death is permanent. There are only auto-saves, which is pretty neat.

I've not yet been lucky enough to play it yet though, eager as I am. Like Germany, New Zealand, South Africa, Australia and probably some others, Canada is still waiting on it's Review Board to get off their butts and approve the game. As far as I know anyway, there may be hundreds of people North of The Border already wasting zombies, while I sit alone and confused...?

Oddly, as much as it sucks, that's kind of a relief. You are literally the first person in Canada who's confirmed that it's a nation-wide issue, and I didn't just screw something up with my region change. I wonder how long we'll have to wait?

Messed around with the demo for a bit, seems kind of like DayZ-lite.

Iv gotta retract my previous statement, i think some kind of mp or co op would be pretty damn neat for this game.

So, I bought it last night and got just a little bit past where I ended with the demo. I'm having a good time with the game. Hopefully, I'll find the cowboy as a playable character like I'm hoping for. But, I'm having a good time as Marcus for the time being. There's some stuff I need to figure out...like how do I sleep? Do I need to just switch characters so that my main survivor just goes and sleeps on his own? Forming a party as well is something else, but I am still very early on, so I guess there's plenty of time for the game to just teach me those things.

I've heard that their either planning...or want to...release co-op DLC for the summer. No idea if it's going to happen, or if they can patch it into the existing game, but it would be pretty damn cool for this game to have it.

Co-op is pretty much guaranteed, although the developers are still saying they don't know if/when it will be implemented. The main goal is to make a console-wide MMO with State of Decay basically being a platform to leap off of.

Unless I'm mistaken, State of Decay proved to be Xbox Live's #2 selling arcade game on launch of all time, with Minecraft being #1. Pretty impressive! Especially impressive when you consider there's still a laundry list of countries waiting to be able to purchase it.

Just going by the demo I think they are on to something. I mean u look at how wildly popular something like Day Z is. I think a full next gen retail release building off what this is doing could be really cool.

Found out why I can't download it yet: Apparently when you switch regions on your Xbox (I switched from New Zealand to Canada), the region itself changes instantly but the billing information takes 5 business days to transfer. In short, I probably won't be able to download it until Wednesday next week. The only way I might get it earlier is if New Zealand's review board releases the game before hand. Oh well, now I know.

On a bright note, the game is breaking all sorts of records. Oddly enough, this whole debacle with switching regions has made me a great deal more excited to play the State of Decay.

Damn well at least you'll be playing it soon I switch back and forth from here and the states . but I shouldn't had that same problem since I'm still in north america no matter what. Anyway I played this at my friends house since he's a bigger zombie nut then me. and I loves it.

I'm glad you got to play it Zenith! In fact, I'm actually genuinely glad the problem is just me and not all of Canada. So far I've yet to hear a bad word about it, save for the occasional glitch and other minor jank that's expected in a brand new release. Really great to see it taking off the way it has.

So...I lost Maya. And by losing Maya, Jacob was killed by the ensuring horde.

Man. That was actually sad. The small words said by Lilly at camp in memory of Maya was also pretty cool. I nearly lost Marcus, if it hadn't been for some kind of HBK-Comeback boost that allowed me to break free from a horde.

Lilly's bro got ambushed...ended up dying. Her words were...Very depressing.

I am a few hours in, I was never able to get into Dead Rising. This reminds me a lot of that except I am reallyenjoying this game so far. Maya has been my primary character thus far.

The first title update has been submitted. Undead Labs just posted what the patch will be fixing: http://forums.undeadlabs.com/showthread.php?18672-Title-Update-1-submitted

Here is what we've fixed:

-NEW: Playable characters can no longer be killed by the simulation

-Workshop now repairs weapons and vehicles at game dawn rather than the next real-world day.

-Reduced cooldown times of commands in the Radio Menu, notably Words of Encouragement, Words of Inspiration, and Medical Advice.

-NPCs no longer get stuck behind the counter or on the stairs at the gun shop in Spencer's Mill.

-The "Too many infestations!" event will now only occur when there are too many infestations within 500m of your Home, rather than anywhere in the world.

-UPDATED: The "Too many infestations" to-do item is now cleared when there is only one remaining infestation within 500m of your Home, rather than anywhere in the world.

-You must now be close to the ranger station for the Memento mission scene to play. Previously you would be teleported to the station if you left before the end of the mission.

-Community members will properly interact with Facilities in your home. Previously they would stop after a period of time.

-Feral zombie now properly dodges vehicles approaching at an angle.

-NPCs will now reliably reach warehouse between Mt. Tanner and Spencer's Mill when called to gather supplies.

-You can now punch out through the windshield of a vehicle if both doors are blocked.

-Zombies and NPCs no longer get stuck behind the grocery store in Marshall.

-NPCs now properly move to the proper location during cinematic scenes.

-Zombies no longer fall through floor in the Marshall courthouse.

-Zombies can no longer get under porch or floor at the Wilkerson's farmhouse.

-Fixed a few rare crash bugs.

-Fixed various translations bugs.

Regarding the first item, what is "the simulation"?

Yeah, I wondering that too. It took some digging, through a few pages of the thread, but I think this is the explanation of what the fix is for:

The design mandate is that once you befriend and can play as a character, that character can no longer be killed by world events when they are not under your control. One of the events controlled by the simulation engine that runs when you login to the game had an improper flag set that allowed it to select playable characters when your community morale is low.

Which then led to questions about friends (playable characters) not being able to go out on morale missions.

Good question. I should have been more clear. Friends can still be selected for morale missions. Our rule is that playable characters should never be killed when you have no chance to save them. This bug violated that rule.

It sounds like it basically doesn't allow playable characters to be killed without you being the one that dies as them.

I was hoping an update would change the stealth kills to a single button. I swear I end up pushing the zombie or calling to an NPC more than getting the kill.

I've managed to keep all my characters alive thus far, there were a few close calls. I fast opened a drawer that bought down a horde on me but otherwise I've been pretty good about not taking on large numbers of zombies - at least not without NPC's to back me up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"