Stephen Colbert has balls

Admiral_N8 said:
Clinton never had the self deprecating humor Bush showed last night though. Also, Clinton didnt joke about himself as much during his presidency as he does today....which is probably smart.
You're right Clinton was much more serious about his job.

ShadowBoxing said:
You're right Clinton was much more serious about his job.
He was, actually.

ShadowBoxing said:
It was in a way since N8 is a huge Bush supporter...
Ah, yeah, you're right, I took that out of context. Job-wise though, which his love life isn't, he was pretty damn serious about his job. Sometimes too serious, to his detriment.

Not Jake said:
Yeah I said it's slightly more ballsy than usual.

They always have a speaker come on to make fun of the administration.

Slightly more ballsy is an understatement. Usually the speaker would be someone like Jay Leno who would say something along the lines of...

"George Bush is stupid hahahaha"

or

"Bill Clinton likes sex hahahahaha"

Colbert called Bush's policies and personal decisions into question. That is far more...risque (for lack of better word) than normally. The "roasting" speaker does not usually bring policy jokes into the mix...that is normally the job of the president himself.

Admiral_N8 said:
I heard that Dubya actually liked it.

But that was pretty damn funny, Colberts bit... :D

Amazing, you are so in love with Bush that you claim he liked it to show your great leader's sense of humor as opposed to just admitting he was not amused.

It was good (the bit with the old reporter lady chasing him was hilarious), but I actually thought the bit with Bush and the Impersonater was funnier. I had to give it to Bush on that one--he was good at making fun of himself.

"In the words of Singmend Frued, I have a dream..."

:D

MaskedManJRK said:
It was good (the bit with the old reporter lady chasing him was hilarious), but I actually thought the bit with Bush and the Impersonater was funnier. I had to give it to Bush on that one--he was good at making fun of himself.

"In the words of Singmend Frued, I have a dream..."

:D

I thought the impersonator was good as well. I actually can't decide what is worse...Colbert making fun of the Valerie Plame scandal or the fact that she was there.

Matt said:
I thought the impersonator was good as well. I actually can't decide what is worse...Colbert making fun of the Valerie Plame scandal or the fact that she was there.

yeah, why the hell were she and joe wilson there?

the fact that there were so many awkward silences after colbert's ribbing is proof enough to me that the republican party has very little sense of humor or are unwilling to recognize their faults and mistakes.

ShadowBoxing said:
It was in a way since N8 is a huge Bush supporter...
Who knew that politics was like sports?

In sports, you have 2 groups: the athletes and...

JOCKS.JPG

athletic supporters

sinewave said:
yeah, why the hell were she and joe wilson there?

the fact that there were so many awkward silences after colbert's ribbing is proof enough to me that the republican party has very little sense of humor or are unwilling to recognize their faults and mistakes.

Politics is full of asses who believe they (and their party) is perfect and flawless. Arrogance is not restricted to one party. Democrats don't like jokes about them any more than Republicans do.

That being said, I loved the skit - Colbert has always been higher on my list than Jon Stewart.

Matt said:
Amazing, you are so in love with Bush that you claim he liked it to show your great leader's sense of humor as opposed to just admitting he was not amused.

Well I didnt talk to Bush and neither did you so we dont know for sure if he liked it or not, but Bush does like making fun of himself, being the target of his own jokes, often using self-deprecating humor [as he did that night with Bush and Mr bush impersonator].

I will say that, having watched these before, Colberts speech was much more harsh than past ones...which are normally aimed equally at the press and the prez...his was mostly attacking the president.

I thought it was hilarious.

I think Bush's people and supporters were a lot more uncomfortable because they didnt know how Bush was going to take it....but Bush did tell Colbert "good job" and didnt just storm out during his thing. It will be interesting to see if more comes out about how Bush felt about it...I know Laura Bush didnt seem too happy afterwards.

Colbert is a comedic genius. The press conference had me in stitches.

The Overlord said:
They won't do that, Stephen is a patriot, just look at all the praise Colbert gives to Bush on his show. This just another example of the bear controlled media trying to make Stephen look bad. Shame on you media and shame on you bears.

Hey, the TEDDIES don't control the media!!!:mad:

TEDDY said:
Hey, the TEDDIES don't control the media!!!:mad:

Yeah they do, you bear hugger. Quit being pro bear and start being pro America.:down

StorminNorman said:
Politics is full of asses who believe they (and their party) is perfect and flawless. Arrogance is not restricted to one party. Democrats don't like jokes about them any more than Republicans do.

That being said, I loved the skit - Colbert has always been higher on my list than Jon Stewart.

i think dems would probably reacted similarly if colbert had unleashed on them, but i actually agree with n8 here, it seemed kinda tense in there due to people not being sure how bush would react to the jokes. bush is just so sheltered that i don't think he's fully aware of how he and his policies are viewed by the middle to left leaning folks in this country. the word oblivious seems to fit pretty well when describing bush. i liked the joke about how the bush administration looks at things from both sides, bush's side and cheney's side. :)

The Overlord said:
Yeah they do, you bear hugger. Quit being pro bear and start being pro America.:down

I'm an all American TEDDY, FOOL!!!:mad: :up:

TEDDY said:
I'm an all American TEDDY, FOOL!!!:mad: :up:

No such thing, all bears are godless killing machines who hate America! Your an East Coast, Ivy league, pro bear elitist.:down

The Overlord said:
No such thing, all bears are godless killing machines who hate America! Your an East Coast, Ivy league, pro bear elitist.:down

Please! Think before you talk! This bear knows a few things!

You are listening to the ramblings of a guy named Colbert who pronounces his name "cole-bear"... cole-BEAR!!!

And yet you follow blindly with no regard to his true agenda of self-propelled hatred! I say nay to thee! NAY!!!:down :mad:

Bush is going to declare Stephen a terrorist.

TEDDY said:
Please! Think before you talk! This bear knows a few things!

You are listening to the ramblings of a guy named Colbert who pronounces his name "cole-bear"... cole-BEAR!!!

And yet you follow blindly with no regard to his true agenda of self-propelled hatred! I say nay to thee! NAY!!!:down :mad:
Think before you talk. In ancient biblical latin texts, "Col" means "death to the."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"