Steven Spielberg & Daniel Day Lewis' Lincoln

What would happen if you had a movie starring Daniel Day Lewis and Christian Bale? Two actors known for inhabiting their roles.

What would happen if you had a movie starring Daniel Day Lewis and Christian Bale? Two actors known for inhabiting their roles.

The world can end. Spielberg should totally ask Bale for a cameo. Maybe as John Wilkes Booth.

Even better:

Variety‘s Jeff Sneider recently revealed that Day-Lewis “hasn’t broken his Lincoln accent since March” and his “real name doesn’t even appear on the call sheet.” I’ve heard from other sources that it is indeed the high-pitched tone Lincoln is infamous for.

SOURCE: http://thefilmstage.com/news/first-look-daniel-day-lewis-as-steven-spielbergs-abraham-lincoln/

Also, here's a larger version of the picture:

daniel-day-lewis-lincoln-image.jpg

Last edited:
Just give the man his oscar already...wow. Unreal

There is something about that photo. The way he is sitting there, his face. If he were to stand up and say he was President Lincoln, I wouldn't question it.

I really need to go and check out where they are filming.

I just... God. That posture. That facial expression. It's pure Lincoln, and he's not even filming.

My body is ready.

Last edited:
This is honestly up there with my most anticipated of 2012. Spielberg and Day-Lewis tackling one of the biggest icons of American history; this really is a match made in Heaven. It simply can't go wrong.

I just... God. That posture. That facial expression. It's pure Lincoln, and he's not even filming.

My body is ready.

It looks like Lincoln was reincarnated in 1969 and someone decided to take a picture of him eating at a cafe.

Daniel looks so much like Lincoln.

Now I wonder what Liam Neeson would have looked like a Lincoln

I am ready to get owned by Daniel Day Lewis

All kidding aside, I wonder if the AMPAS will really give him his 3rd Oscar this soon. Also, no one has won an acting Oscar from a Spielberg film yet. Will this finally be it?

This is honestly up there with my most anticipated of 2012. Spielberg and Day-Lewis tackling one of the biggest icons of American history; this really is a match made in Heaven. It simply can't go wrong.
1. Lincoln

2. Django Unchained

3. Prometheus

4. TDKR

DDL looks incredible. This is my second most anticipated movie behind Prometheus.

I was in awe of DDL's performance in There Will Be Blood.

It was incredible. Can't wait to see his Lincoln.

That's kind of scary. He's perfect.

That's exactly what Lincoln would look like now a days. He would be a hipster with Vans, jeans and a turtle neck.

I got goosebumps looking at that pic.

Would you address him as Abe or Daniel if you bumped into him? Which name do you think he'd respond to?

Would you address him as Abe or Daniel if you bumped into him? Which name do you think he'd respond to?

Abe of course.

No..Mr. President!!!

I didn't know Lincoln had a high-pitched voice. Not sure how I feel about that. :/

DDL rocking yet another role! Can't wait to see this.

I didn't know Lincoln had a high-pitched voice. Not sure how I feel about that. :/

Ya, his speeches on paper were great, but many said he was a poor speaker because of his high pitched voice.

But again it seems DDL is diving into a role. Can't wait to see this.

DDL looks indeed spot on. Cant wait for this film.

Have we an release date yet? Is it coming out in 2012 or 2013?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"