Steven Spielberg's "Harvey"

Kind of depressing when even directors like Spielberg is starting to adapt books that has been filmed before. Personally I rather see him do that scifi-movie, Interstellar.

I always took DONNIE DARKO to be more of an ALICE IN WONDERLAND takeoff than HARVEY, despite the giant, invisible rabbit.

With 'Avatar' and 'Inception' coming, I would rather see him do his 'Interstellar' movie.

It seems like Ridley Scott and Martin Scoreses continue to broaden their horizons, while Spielberg..I don't know what's up with him anymore..

Oh sure... An Alien prequel and "irish" gangster picture. A lot of broadening... ;)

But isn't he busy with 'Tintin' until 2011 ?:huh:

They only take 30 days to film then its up to the animators and I'm sure Spielberg just pops in to see the progress.

This has Tom Hanks written all over it but it seems beneath Spielberg. Hopefully it doesn't take long to film and Spielberg shifts right into Lincoln right away.

I would rather Spielberg did a genre movie, a horror film, a scifi, heck even a western, instead of a biopic like Lincoln:o.

I would agree...if said biopic wasn't going to feature Liam Neeson.

I'm not sure this movie needs a remake (I still love the original), but if anyone is going to be directing it, I'm glad it's Spielberg. I can't see who else could do it right.

There are dozens of directors who could do it right. HARVEY isn't a difficult concept, just a beloved one. That's the thing...what's the concept they've come up with that requires Steven Spielberg's attentions to make it work? That's what intrigues me.

I would rather Spielberg did a genre movie, a horror film, a scifi, heck even a western, instead of a biopic like Lincoln:o.

I would love to see Spielberg direct a horror movie and a Western. The problem is, he either doesn't like the scripts being sent his way or doesn't want to waste time with those two genres. He's already done sci-fi, adventure, drama, action and fantasy to death.

Hmmm, I'll believe this when I see it.

I just think that Speilberg's heyday is nearly over. It's not a bad thing because Akira Kurosawa in the late 80s and early 90s wasn't as good as the Young Kurosawa. And that's due to age and being world weary..it's only natural.

It just makes me sad now that when Spielberg has a project going, I'm not automatic jumping for joy because it could be a hit or a miss. That goes with every director, but when guy the old school guys like Scorese or Ridley Scott still making consistently decent to good movies, my heart tends to sink when it comes to The Beard.

So, I heard Spielberg likes to rape?

How about we quit the "rape" talk?

You know what?

I want to see Steve Carrell as Elwood P. Dowd. There, I said it.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=59120

Downey Jr. to Play Spielberg's Harvey?

Source:Variety
September 15, 2009

In an article at Variety talking about how Steven Spielberg still wants to make his Abraham Lincoln biopic now that Robert Redford is starting The Conspirator, the trade mentions who may be Spielberg's choice to topline his Harvey remake:

Spielberg is presently focusing on his "reimagining" of "Harvey," with Robert Downey Jr. possibly playing the man who sees an invisible rabbit.

Regarding the two Lincoln films, Redford's movie focuses on a young woman charged with conspiring to kill Lincoln, while Spielberg's project will focus on the president's anguish over the length and toll of the Civil War.

You know, I love Downey, but he's apparently become Hollywood "go to guy" for strange or eccentric roles, and I can't say that I love this choice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"