Eragon

Galactus

Devourer of Worlds
Reaction score
Hungarian site Moziplussz.hu has sent ComingSoon.net an update on 20th Century Fox's Eragon, based on the Christopher Paolini-penned bestselling fantasy novel. Stefen Fangmeier will direct the film, coming to theaters on June 16, 2006.

Steven Spielberg's upcoming 1972 Munich Olympics movie Vengeance won't be the only big-budget American production in Hungary this summer. Eragon, a fantasy-adventure based on Christopher Paolini's bestselling book will start filming in late July in the Mafilm Studio in Fót, Hungary (near Budapest). The movie has an estimated budget of $100 million, and it is set for a June 2006 release.

The Mafilm Fót Studios is the same place where Dinotopia: The Series, A Christmas Carol: The Musical and this year's Copying Beethoven was shot.

Dragon-themed movies are often shot in Central/East Europe: Dungeons & Dragons was shot in the Czech Republic, Dragonheart and it's sequel Dragonheart: A New Beginning was made in Slovakia, while Dragon Storm (a 2004 tv-movie) was shot in Bulgaria.

Fót Film Studios is not the only location for this film. This is the other place where the film will be shot, Ság Hill, which is located at the West side of Hungary. There will be a village, a waterfall etc.

Additional pictures can be found here. The medieval-set tale revolves around a farm boy who learns he is the last of a breed of benevolent Dragon Riders, whose magical powers derived from their bond with the beasts.

Heh, Im reading this book now, I didnt even know they were making a movie about it.
Hopefully it will be good.

The books sucks. I hope they make the movie good.

i swear now a days u guys wont read a book unless they are making a movie about it

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/topnews.php?id=10386

Eragon to Start Filming August 1st

Source: 20th Century Fox
July 15, 2005

eragonstart.jpg

Fox 2000 Pictures begins production August 1st in Budapest, Hungary, on the epic fantasy adventure Eragon based on the best-selling novel by Christopher Paolini. Twentieth Century Fox releases Eragon June 16th, 2006.

Following a worldwide casting search, which rivaled the hunt for a cinematic "Harry Potter," and included hundreds of auditions and dozens of screen tests, newcomer Ed Speleers has landed the title role - a young man whose destiny is revealed when he learns he is part of an elite troop of Dragon Riders. Eragon is swept into a world of magic and power, discovering that he can save - or destroy - an Empire.

Deals are being finalized for Academy Award® winner Jeremy Irons, and Oscar® nominees John Malkovich and Djimon Hounsou to take on key roles. Casting on the female lead, 'Arya', will soon be announced.

Eragon is directed by Stefen Fangmeier, one of the industry's true visual effects genius'. During his tenure at the renowned effects house Industrial Light & Magic, Fangmeier supervised films such as Saving Private Ryan, Twister, The Perfect Storm and Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World. He is a three-time BAFTA Award winner, and has been Oscar-nominated four times.

George Lucas, for whom Fangmeier worked for 15 years at ILM, commented: "Stefen invested a good part of his life into creating state-of-the-art visual effects at ILM. His effects work always supported story and characters, and that will serve him very well on 'Eragon'."

The novel "Eragon" is a publishing sensation, selling over one million copies in only six months in 2003. "Eragon" spent 87 consecutive weeks on The New York Times Bestseller List, and 21 consecutive months on Publisher's Weekly Young Adult Fiction Bestseller List, including nine months at #1. The novel came out in paperback in May and again shot to the top of both The New York Times and Publisher's Weekly charts and has been published in 37 countries. In total over two million copies are in print.

"Eragon" is the first novel of a trilogy. The second book, Eldest, will be published in the U.S. and Canada on August 23rd with a first printing alone of one million copies.

Paolini's own story is a fantasy in itself. The first edition of "Eragon" was self- published by his family. The following year, Alfred A. Knopf published the novel worldwide, to huge acclaim.

Christopher Paolini says of his book becoming a feature film, "I originally conceived 'Eragon' as a movie. I saw the characters and action clearly in my mind. But since I didn't have the money to produce a film, I ended up writing the story as a book. I am thrilled to know that Fox is bringing my vision to life, capturing the spirit of the land of Alagaësia and its characters."

Christopher Paolini, now 21, grew up in Paradise Valley, Montana - his own real-life "middle earth," and a location which inspired much of the story's fantastic environments.

Eragon is produced by John Davis (I, Robot) and Wyck Godfrey.

Thanks for posting that update Hunter.....
Nice cast they are looking at. The article fails to mention that Paolini wrote the book when he was 15.

Looks like the movie have been moved from June to December next year

I didn't find the book that great. It was decent.

green said:
Heh, Im reading this book now, I didnt even know they were making a movie about it.
Hopefully it will be good.
Same here.

http://comingsoon.net/news/topnews.php?id=11658

Eragon Promo Reveals First Pictures

Source: Mustafa
October 21, 2005

Fansite Shur'tugal has scanned and posted a fold-out promo for 20th Century Fox's Eragon that appeared in Variety on Thursday. In addition to the previously-seen images from the official website, the fold-out included an entire page of pictures of the cast members in character.

Directed by Stefen Fangmeier, the December 15, 2006 release stars Ed Speleers, John Malkovich, Jeremy Irons, Djimon Hounsou, Robert Carlyle, Sienna Guillory and Garrett Hedlund.

The film is based on the Christopher Paolini-penned bestselling fantasy novel about a youth whose discovery of a dragon egg leads him to become a knight and battle an evil king. The medieval-set tale revolves around a farm boy who learns he is the last of a breed of benevolent Dragon Riders, whose magical powers derived from their bond with the beasts.

Click here to view the various scans.

Haven't read the book, but will attempt to before this comes out.

Malkovich and Irons! They actually look like they fit the roles of Brom and Galboratrix

Not sure why Eragon has FROSTED TIPS?!?!

Stewie Griffin said:
Not sure why Eragon has FROSTED TIPS?!?!

That was the first thing I noticed, it's really silly. Hopefully it's just the lighting.

theJust said:
i swear now a days u guys wont read a book unless they are making a movie about it

looking from the above posts, i agree:up:

lol they gave him frosted tips, lol I doubt thats lighting, hehe

I really hope this movie turns out well. I'm in the middle of the book now and I'm loving it.

Has any one read Eldest yet? I keep meaning to pick it up but havent yet.

green said:
That was the first thing I noticed, it's really silly. Hopefully it's just the lighting.
Even the way his hair is styled is disctracting... I mean how does a boy in a distant fantastical world of dragons and magic have frosted tips and wears his hair like an American high school boy?? :down:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunStorm333
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"