Steven Spielberg's Untitled UFO Movie

Boom

I got nothin'
Reaction score
Variety said:
For his part, Spielberg, 77, is also staying busy. He will likely make his next project a UFO film based on his own original idea. David Koepp is writing the screenplay, sources say.

DNZkoc.gif

I won't lie, I'm really happy that he's going back to something a bit more mainstream. But I say this as someone who grew up with 80s/90s Spielberg.

I'm curious if this'll be more family-friendly (E.T.) or horror (War of the Worlds).

Spielberg back to directing another alien movie? Hell f***ing yeah, I'm in!

I wonder if he'll take a similar approach to his unproduced Night Skies project.

Spielberg back to directing another alien movie? Hell f***ing yeah, I'm in!

I wonder if he'll take a similar approach to his unproduced Night Skies project.
That's what I'm thinking (hoping).

I remember seeing this fan trailer for Night Skies a few years back and it came to mind again when this news was announced:

If this movie ends up having a very similar tone that this fan trailer has, we could be in for something special.

Not only that but it's definitely going to be shot in IMAX, I just got a feeling.

You can even hear it in this where he's praising Denis and his filmmaking.

Spielberg doing sci-fi horror is always a treat, but keep him away from the third act. Stop making happy endings that make no sense! :argh:

It should be noted that Spielberg is a producer on the Netflix documentary Encounters. Given the rise in prominence of the UAP topic in the public discourse in the past several years, I think it's a great time for Spielberg to tackle the subject again. Really excited about this.

The more I think about it the more I hope it's a revamped version of Night Skies. He can even dust off the alien models!

I would love to see someone tackle the Phoenix Lights situation in the late 90s. There was a found footage movie based on it that I thought was pretty good but I would love to see Spielberg direct it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"