Stiller and Wiig in....The Secret Life of Walter Mitty

So does the adventure and him trying to recover the picture actually happen or is that all in his mind?

This movie could go either way. Like one of those movies where the trailer make it look more special than it is. They're great trailers, it's just we all should know from experience trailers can make mediocre movies look amazing.

As long as it keeps the feel-good, adventurous tone that the trailer suggests then I think it will be. Some of the reviews seems to suggest it is.

I just hope it doesn't end up with the whole thing being in his head.

4tSmkH3.jpg

Big Fan of the original Danny Kaye Film, curious to see this one.

I don't know about this. Seems like one of those zany-comedic-actors-trying-to-convince-everyone-he-can-make-artsy-films-too.

Steve Carell - Little Miss Sunshine
Jim Carrey - Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

^ Excellent films of course.

But I don't know. I feel like it's going to be a good movie, but I'll be distracted by thinking, "Oh, it's one of those movies."

I don't know.

I don't know.

That was a whole lot of gibberish...

Great trailer. :up:

I really don't give a s**t about product placement. If it tosses a few extra mil into the budget then go for it.

Big fan of the Danny Kaye film, I'm looking forward to seeing this one even though it looks like they took it in another direction.

This is rated PG for some crude comments, language and action violence.

I thought this would be PG-13 to be honest.

Oh I dont care about product placement anyway. I tend not to not notice it anyway. But the six minute ad still makes the film look amazing IMO. It just looks like fun! Just pure escapism that isnt trying to hurt anyone. How the hell can reviews be talking about phony happiness what the **** even is that?

If the tone of the film is exactly like the trailers I'll be happy.

It's probably the Ben Stiller factor, there's some weird disdain for the guy from some people and critics.

Read a draft of the script and it's just so sweet, earnest & sincere, a LOOOOOOOT of people including myself will love it, but the naysayers and cynical bunch will love tearing it apart just as equally, which is basically something that happens a lot lately :D

Read a draft of the script and it's just so sweet, earnest & sincere, a LOOOOOOOT of people including myself will love it, but the naysayers and cynical bunch will love tearing it apart just as equally, which is basically something that happens a lot lately :D

Do you know how close to the final film it is? Also my one issue was that the trailers have essentially ruined all the dream sequences. Or are there a load in the script that we havent seen?

It's very close in structure it seems, but there are lot of dream sequences that we've seen a bit in trailers and such that are not in there, and I think the 3rd act from this draft is gone. It's great, because I got a definite idea btw that and the trailers (especially that 6 min one), and I know I'm going to love it, but at the same time, there's a lot that has been changed in between regarding the dream sequences themselves, but the structure is exactly the same otherwise.

And there's definitely some stuff in the draft, that if it's still there as well, hasn't been seen yet.

Not a Ben Stiller fan, but the mystique is making me want to go watch it just so I know what the Hell is going on, lol.

Has anyone seen this yet? It's been out for a few days and was surprised that no one's posted any reactions. Was looking forward to seeing it but was held back by the RT rating so I haven't seen it yet, kinda want to know what others here think....

Saw it today, it was pretty amazing. If the trailer made you feel something then you will probably have the same reaction to the film. It is filled with wonderful moments that happen naturally and a few times the way music was used made me swell up with happiness. It was a beautiful film with a great message and a fun story, the critics were WAY off yet again this year. Like someone previously said, some people just have it in for Stiller. This is a huge accomplishment for him. Also, Adam Scott and Kristen Wiig were both excellent in their roles!

I saw it a couple of weeks ago and loved it. I was very surprised to find Stiller directed it. It has some of the most beautiful shots, and the cgi was incredible in some parts. Great film.

I saw it at 10:45 last night. I was probably the only one of the guys in the group who was still awake by the time it was over. I also think I was the only one who enjoyed it. It was a beautifully shot film to watch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"