Stiller, De Niro and Wilson Returning for Little Fockers

Hunter Rider

Ronin
Staff member
Reaction score
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=53006
Source: Risky Biz Blog
February 18, 2009

The Hollywood Reporter's Risky Biz Blog is reporting that Little Fockers, the third installment of the Universal comedy franchise, is moving forward quickly at the studio as John Hamburg has been brought on to write the screenplay after Larry Stuckey wrote an earlier draft.

Jay Roach, who directed the first two films and had been loosely attached to direct this one, will not helm the film. He is instead concentrating on Dinner for Schmucks for DreamWorks and Parkes/Bowles and only will produce "Fockers."

Producers instead are out to a handful of top comedy directors (including Paul Weitz, David Wain, and Peyton Reed) and hope to close a deal imminently for shooting to start as early as summer or fall.

Ben Stiller, Robert De Niro and Owen Wilson are in negotiations to star in Little Fockers, which is expected to revolve around the children of Stiller and Teri Polo, who plays his wife.

I wish De Niro would get to work on 'The Winter of Frankie Machine' instead of this type of thing. :(

De Niro is in a weird stage in his career; I agree, I would like to see Frankie Machine too.

What's this Frankie Machine you guys are talking about?

no jay roach = fail...

No Jay Roach = EPIC WIN!.

The guy has no real idea's left. Meet The Fockers just felt like more of the same to me rather than bringing something new to the table. Hopefully a new director can breath new comedic life into this third installment.

Steve

Do we need this sequel, I always feel comedy's shouldnt be franchised. All you are trying to do is the same joke over again with the actors having better haircuts.

Why is Owen Wilson gonna be in this? I thought he just had a small part n the first. And I've only seen a little of the sequel.

I liked the first two so I'll check this one out

:facepalm

I'm right there with ya! Meet The Parents is one of the 2 films that I actually thought was so bad I left the theater long before the movie ended*. I sure didn't bother with the sequel.

*Shallow Hal was the other.

Robert De Niro needs to retire. Every time he puts out a movie these days, I lose a little more respect for him.

I'm right there with ya! Meet The Parents is one of the 2 films that I actually thought was so bad I left the theater long before the movie ended*. I sure didn't bother with the sequel.

*Shallow Hal was the other.

:wow: Whaaa? Meet the Parents is awesome!

Why? Why does this get another sequel? The first wasn't even good.

The first was predictable but very funny. The second was a lot of fun due to its cast. I would hope for at least Hoffman to return for this one as well.

I also enjoyed the first two, and will probably enjoy a third. Still wish De Niro would focus on other projects though, especially Frankie Machine.

Then all I can say is that we have vastly different tastes in comedies. That film was worse than getting teeth pulled, literally!

Okay, that's overraxageration.

You'd seriously rather get your wisdom teeth pulled and enduring the pain later on instead of watching this?

Okay, that's overraxageration.

You'd seriously rather get your wisdom teeth pulled and enduring the pain later on instead of watching this?

I actually had the last of my wisdom teeth pulled a month ago and I stand by my statement; it was no exaggeration. Now I have an excellent dentist so there was only pressure felt when the teeth were actually extracted and the slight sting of the needle for the numbing agent. The only real pain involved was the soreness after for a couple of days, but aspirin took care of that pretty well.

By comparison, my embarrassment at being in the theater for Meet The Parents was truly excrutiating. I kept feeling the eyes of everyone around me staring at me as if they were saying, "What kind of weirdo are you to have chosen to see this crappy movie?". It's not a rational feeling(feelings just aren't rational, period!) since they all paid to see it as well, but I was really embarrassed to even be in the theater watching that film.

It & Shallow Hal were unlike any other movie experiences I've ever had. Nothing even comes close to those two, and I've seen some stinkers in my time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"