• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Stomp The Yard

Does anyone actually go see these movies? Every time a commercial comes on for this movie all I hear are people asking "Why?" I haven't ran into one person yet who actually wants to see this. That goes for any of those other types of movies...save the last dance, Step up, or any other feel good dance movie.

Why are black feel good films always terrible?

Like Higher Learning. That film sucked. Black people always have to be hip and cool in these stupid things. Stomp The Yard lookds really bad.

Why are black feel good films always terrible?

Excuse me? How do you come to that conclusion?

Like Higher Learning. That film sucked. Black people always have to be hip and cool in these stupid things. Stomp The Yard lookds really bad.

And since when was Higher Learning a feel-good movie?

Excuse me? How do you come to that conclusion?

And since when was Higher Learning a feel-good movie?

he's kinda of right. black films in general suck ass. theyre all based on stereotypes.

It could bring in some dough.
People loved Stomp and Happy feet was basically penguins steppin. I'm not really interested in seeing it but I will be doing some research on the history of steppin since I never finished college and was around it. I only attended one of Howard's Homecoming events which featured the fraternities battling it out. The last frat came out and finished by pulling their shirts and pants off. I'm so glad I brought my binoculars. :meow:

Okay how the hell did this make 22 Million dollars opening weekend?

Are the same people who are seeing You Got Served and Step Up seeing this also?

I mean it's just dancing around to music whats so great about that?

I tell ya people are getting dumber and dumber. This further proofs my point before about what i said before. People like dumb crap. I said Epic Movie would probably make 20 million or so cause the public likes stupid crap but after the results of this week it'll probbaly make more.

Oh and you have to consider the college students that participate in such,which there are many,would be into seeing this.

But i really don't think people wanna go to college just so they can "Step" or "Stomp" or whatever it's called. That's not the main point of a lot of people in life. But what the hell do i know.

I have **** taste in movies so my opinion really doesn't matter to anyone on here.

Why so hostile?
There's a history behind stomp that you don't know about.
And what's wrong with dance movies Flashdance and Fame did pretty freakin? :huh:

The difference is Flashdance and Fame are classics.

You Got Served, Step Up, Stomp the Yard while successful will be forgotten. :o

I can't believe this made number 1.

Agreed,and there will be a long time before any dance movie touches them. Well Happy Feet. :p

A girl asked me to go to this and I lied and told her I was sick:o

The difference is Flashdance and Fame are classics.

You Got Served, Step Up, Stomp the Yard while successful will be forgotten. :o

I can't believe this made number 1.

If anyone remembers the plot of Fame or Flashdance, and considers said plots "classic" material, please raise your hands.

You really gonna sit here and act like Fame and especially Flashdance are regarded as classic for anything other than the dancing and the soundtrack? To saying nothing of Flashdance's final dance scene where she incorporates breakdancing (that a male breakdancer actually did) into her routine, as if they filmmakers weren't just trying to ape the latest dance trend.

But i really don't think people wanna go to college just so they can "Step" or "Stomp" or whatever it's called. That's not the main point of a lot of people in life. But what the hell do i know

But you've already made the decision not to see the movie, so you're not gonna know what else the movie focuses on besides stepping.

he's kinda of right. black films in general suck ass. theyre all based on stereotypes.

So what stereotypes do you think of looking at advertisements for Stomp The Yard, and furthermore, why would they make the movie suck? I see no jive-talkin', no pimps, no absentee fathers. I see something that's apart of a lot of black fraternities, I see a movie focusing on black colleges period, which is a rarity. I'd have to see the movie to know more, but what I do see, I don't find offensive.

Kainedamo was talking about black feel good movies always being terrible, but what about Pursuit of Happyness? Are you gonna tell me it shouldn't count? To say nothing of its commercial success in addition to his acclaim from critics and audiences (including people on these boards) alike.

Meh, like Weird Al said, you guys are just too White and Nerdy to get it. I grew up with this stuff, so of course I understand what's going on. I did go see it earlier, and while it is a cliche for the most part, the moves and the competitions as well as the induction into the frats were things I recognized right off the bat. It wasn't the best movie, but it was just something relatable for a lot of people. Granted, some "black" movies do provide a bad standard for the rest, but this was just harmless fun, that actually had a good message, which was the act of "stepping" is more than just dance. Being a film geek, I'm also a black guy, so I shouldn't turn up my nose at movies featuring stuff ingrained in my culture and gush over superhero flicks, nor vice versa.

Meh, like Weird Al said, you guys are just too White and Nerdy to get it. I grew up with this stuff, so of course I understand what's going on. I did go see it earlier, and while it is a cliche for the most part, the moves and the competitions as well as the induction into the frats were things I recognized right off the bat. It wasn't the best movie, but it was just something relatable for a lot of people. Granted, some "black" movies do provide a bad standard for the rest, but this was just harmless fun, that actually had a good message, which was the act of "stepping" is more than just dance. Being a film geek, I'm also a black guy, so I shouldn't turn up my nose at movies featuring stuff ingrained in my culture and gush over superhero flicks, nor vice versa.

See, now this, is an opinion of someone who's actually see the film, as opposed to the pre-conceived notions of someone with no intention of seeing the film anyway.

the way i see it....the people who aren't into what the movie is about are going to hate just because they're not into it and most people now-a-days have this preconceived notion that if they're not into it, it must be stupid. i don't understand why people have to hate what they don't like or understand. there will always be people who look down on celebrating black culture, even if those celebrations are positive.

Meh, like Weird Al said, you guys are just too White and Nerdy to get it. I grew up with this stuff, so of course I understand what's going on. I did go see it earlier, and while it is a cliche for the most part, the moves and the competitions as well as the induction into the frats were things I recognized right off the bat.

But it's not really that is it?
I'm not white and I still don't "get it".:dry:
I just happen to think it's a lame concept regardless of ethnicity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stryderzer0
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"