Study says adults are going to movies less and less; studios adjust for young demos

That sucks to hear...looks like we'll be getting more trash like 'Epic Movie' and 'Disaster Movie'. :(

Say good-bye to an open market at the movies. More PG and PG13 films, less adult entertainment like an axe weilding maniac plowing through nude teens and chopping off heads. :(

This isn't going to affect the Apatow crew in anyway, hopefully.

Say good-bye to an open market at the movies. More PG and PG13 films, less adult entertainment like an axe weilding maniac plowing through nude teens and chopping off heads. :(
No people are gonna go see horror films, even if they plummet the second week.

That sucks to hear...looks like we'll be getting more trash like 'Epic Movie' and 'Disaster Movie'. :(

You know, those movies are only made because of the Wayans had a name and a script and got something made.

But what about the other crap? What the hell is up with the script readers? For years they were the first step in throwing away a script that was crap, but for the past few years it seems those who are in charge of reading those things are purposely just passing on good stuff and recommending crap. What's their gain? Do unamusing writers actually have well structured (as in, it looks professionally written) scripts? Did a good script have a pen mark on the cover and get tossed away?

Someone needs to give me answers as to why so much droll is being made in Hollywood right now.

...I miss the 80s. Unfortunately, we're all living in a cool world... ----infested with a bundle of ignorant teenagers:csad:

Kids have more disposable income in all walks of life. They may get money from their parents, but they're the ones that spend it on crap...the rest of us have to pay bills.

You know, those movies are only made because of the Wayans had a name and a script and got something made.

But what about the other crap? What the hell is up with the script readers? For years they were the first step in throwing away a script that was crap, but for the past few years it seems those who are in charge of reading those things are purposely just passing on good stuff and recommending crap. What's their gain? Do unamusing writers actually have well structured (as in, it looks professionally written) scripts? Did a good script have a pen mark on the cover and get tossed away?

Someone needs to give me answers as to why so much droll is being made in Hollywood right now.
The wayans did not make the epic and date movies. It was some other ******s who made them.

Kids have more disposable income in all walks of life. They may get money from their parents, but they're the ones that spend it on crap...the rest of us have to pay bills.
Spot on...

I Weep For The Future.

But the truth is, if those disposable teens with money could...they would all go see an R rated film. It's really not a fair battle here. Those non-R films make money simply because the 'targets' can't get into something else, OR they can and just buy a ticket to whatever droll is rated PG13. Seriously, someone explain Paul Blart to me again?

No wonder why they make alot of movies PG-13 nowadays.. too bad.

We'll probably have Willy Wonka & Hannah Montana trilogies soon. Oh n0ez!

The wayans did not make the epic and date movies. It was some other ******s who made them.

Ah, but the Wayans started the movement, and then those writers who worked for them took the formula and did something themselves. It all goes back to the Wayans.

But the truth is, if those disposable teens with money could...they would all go see an R rated film. It's really not a fair battle here. Those non-R films make money simply because the 'targets' can't get into something else, OR they can and just buy a ticket to whatever droll is rated PG13. Seriously, someone explain Paul Blart to me again?

I've seen many a kid on the weekend buy tickets for something PG rated then casually walk into something like Observe and Report. That's been a staple for years. But the sad thing is that the movie don't get the recorded receipt for that.

I've seen many a kid on the weekend buy tickets for something PG rated then casually walk into something like Observe and Report. That's been a staple for years. But the sad thing is that the movie don't get the recorded receipt for that.

Ah, but the Wayans started the movement, and then those writers who worked for them took the formula and did something themselves. It all goes back to the Wayans.
They made scary movie, but that was good compared to all those other films.

Its families that go to see Paul Blart. and cause its just rated PG. and think its for the whole family.

When South Park the movie came out, my friend and I were about 13? Anyways, his dad took us to the theater and dropped us off. At this point, theaters were pretty relaxed (of course, before South Park came out) and we could just buy tickets to any film and get in. We got turned down for South Park, and we had to run across speeding traffic to the other side of the road to reach his dad before he got away. We told him what happened and he took us back to the theater and told them it was okay that we see the movie.

The person at the counter said it wasn't happening unless my friends dad saw the film with us. His dad was angery. He didn't want to see it (he thought it was crap) so what he had to do was buy another ticket for himself, and told the ticket taker "here...**** off" and left. lol. We got to see the movie, but it cost us for 3 tickets that only 2 kids saw. I mean, we knew how things worked, we wanted our money given to South Park..not something else. We wanted another SP film...but it never came....poor box office attendance.

My mother had this same issue with me when I was the same age. She'd dropped me off at the theater, walk up to the counter, tell them I was okay to see whatever R rated horror film and tell them she wasn't paying for another ticket and leave. lol.

I remember when thr first I know what you did last summer film came out. I was like 16 and so were a couple of my friends. They wouldn't let us in to see it. So we just ended up seeing another movie.

Then the following weekend, my mom just bough the tickets for us and then gave them to us. and we went in then.

i must admit in europe it is not like that.

if there is a really sick movie and if you are really young then they will not let you in. but if you are 14 you can watch almost every movie.

you know you would think that they want as much people as possible in the theater to make a lot of money. but i guess those parents that are angry when movies like batman returns came out really make a difference.

The theater manager use to try to 'talk' with my mom about what she was doing letting me go see H20 and Alien Resurrection by myself. She was not amused that someone was telling her how to raise a kid. I turned out okay, I think....

But I understand the policies they have, but my mom knew what I liked and knew I would never go to the theater for a cartoon or PG13 film...unless of course it was a Batman film..I was totally there.

i must admit in europe it is not like that.

if there is a really sick movie and if you are really young then they will not let you in. but if you are 14 you can watch almost every movie.

you know you would think that they want as much people as possible in the theater to make a lot of money. but i guess those parents that are angry when movies like batman returns came out really make a difference.

Rating systems are different everywhere. But in Europe kids can drink at a young age also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"