Marvel Studios' Movies Won't Be R-rated

Says the one who's desperately trying to argue with almost the entire thread.

Check 4:36, yea that's what they can get away with on television with a TV-14 rating, imagine what they could do in movies, not that they would need to.

ArcBlade, I'm not really sure what's going through your mind to make you believe all the things that you're trying to force onto us, but it's a little disturbing how much you love ultra violence. And I don't think all the insults you're using are really helping your creditability. You must love mindless action films and hate movies that have any emotional or psychological depth behind them. Go sit down and watch something like Casablanca, learn to appreciate remarkable films that didn't use gore or cheap tricks.

There was no video there.

Did you see Contantine? That movie barley had any blood, and it still got an R. So if film makers were to go further than Supernatrual in a movie it would get an R.

And Contantine was a good quality comic book movie.

I think Constantine got its 'R' due to story elements....deals with the Devil, suicide, and all that....

I've already explained things and I'm tired of doing it over and over again.
Because you one of the one's that like it(Blood guts etc.)In your opinion you feel it's neccesary in some cases and that's your opinion.Personally I don't agree.So you could explain until your blue in the face.I don't agree.Your opinion doesn't make it a fact.
So there's nothing to explain just because someone doesn't agree doesn't mean they don't understand.

I'd say arguing with ArcBlade is like arguing with a wall, but walls don't resort to condescending remarks.

Well since the argument's died down I would just like to say, I like Toy Story and Finding Nemo and I'm stoked to go see Wall-E.

Meaning that there's no Marvel comic that's as slasher/horror inclined as the Saw movies are that would need an 'R' rating if adapted for the silver screen.

I feel Luke Cage would be lame without some severe face caving punches.
Not that you couldn't craft a great story out of it without it, but I feel it needs gritty reality like boys in the hood, a real darkness to it, and when he does punch you in the face, you don't just get a black eye, bloody lip and a broken nose, but instead your teeth are literally pushed down your throat, your nose is somewhere in your ear, and your eye ends up rolling out of your shattered orbital cavity and dribbles down on whats left of your cheekbone.

His punches should be akin to being pummelled in the face with a sledgehammer. Sure you can have people flying into the air like they were in Iron Man, the kinetic was great in that, but that would really be pussying out.

Luke's never struck me as a maiming type of guy though. I'd imagine he'd hold back in most instances.

I feel Luke Cage would be lame without some severe face caving punches.
Not that you couldn't craft a great story out of it without it, but I feel it needs gritty reality like boys in the hood, a real darkness to it, and when he does punch you in the face, you don't just get a black eye, bloody lip and a broken nose, but instead your teeth are literally pushed down your throat, your nose is somewhere in your ear, and your eye ends up rolling out of your shattered orbital cavity and dribbles down on whats left of your cheekbone.

His punches should be akin to being pummelled in the face with a sledgehammer. Sure you can have people flying into the air like they were in Iron Man, the kinetic was great in that, but that would really be pussying out.

You took the words right out of my mouth. I was thinking that in a Luke Cage movie a person's face would have to cave in if Luke were to fight somebody, eventually killing them. So therefore a Luke Cage movie would have to get in R. And I was also picturing that scene of Iron Man getting thrown into the car being a scene in Luke's movie.

Luke Cage needs to be PG-13 if they want it to make money. It's not like 300 or Watchmen where it's based on this one story where it's graphic blood and gore. Cage has had random incarnations over the years, and honestly, because of who he is, I want a lot of little kids to go in and see the character, mostly because of the message he often gives to the "little homies" from the old hood. They'd be missing out if it was rated R. And Cage is not a sacred cow for a lot of Marvel fanboys, so I doubt they'd care anyway.

I agree with Terry....Luke Cage could be a movie with an extremely good story and a positive message to boot....you don't need to see someone puking up their teeth to accomplish that

I know there was some talk about making Jessica Jones black in this flick, but I have to implore...don't. Defeats the entire point of the relationship.

You took the words right out of my mouth. I was thinking that in a Luke Cage movie a person's face would have to cave in if Luke were to fight somebody, eventually killing them. So therefore a Luke Cage movie would have to get in R.

Then im real, REAL glad you're not in charge of making the Luke Cage movie. :yay: :up:

Umm... ArcBlade and Bubonic, for once we disagree.

Luke Cage doesn't need to go all out against regular criminals. You're making him seem like Wolverine. I have no qualms about about putting him through all sorts of physical abuse (subject only to the limits of makeup and safe stuntwork), but Luke tends to only go all out against things (like walls, or heavy machinery) and the superhuman set. He can have a mouth filthier than the Augean stables and dress so stereotyipically he makes Snoop Dogg and Busta Rhymes look straight out of Decateur, Illinois, but sometime during the second act he's going to have to learn some physical control.

They can have the gore like ROTLA, where there's some but it's not going into R rated territory.

The only Marvel guys I can see really needing R are Punisher, Blade & GR. Wolverine is too popular with kiddies to get a theatrical R, maybe an unrated cut.
Not a liew, but when I was at X3 everyone was calling it Wolverine 3.
Way too popular for R.

But some Heroes, NEED an R. Like an adaption of Kravens Last hunt, Death of Mysterio, or Marvel Zombies.

Dude the Power Pack flick should totally be R. When Energizer fries a baddie his eyes should explode like little blood bombs and his skin should curl pack and turn to ash leaving only a shattered bloody skull. When Zero-G heightens the gravity on someone you should see the bones snap and poke through the skin and just see the blood pouring out've each wound until he ends up fall over and drowning in the puddle of his own blood. O and don't even get me started on Mass Master or Lightspeed.

Dude the Power Pack flick should totally be R. When Energizer fries a baddie his eyes should explode like little blood bombs and his skin should curl pack and turn to ash leaving only a shattered bloody skull. When Zero-G heightens the gravity on someone you should see the bones snap and poke through the skin and just see the blood pouring out've each wound until he ends up fall over and drowning in the puddle of his own blood. O and don't even get me started on Mass Master or Lightspeed.

You're being sarcastic, right?

No gore makes movies so much better and some character like the Power Pack need to be R-Rated. There's no way around it. It's like the Children of the Corn.

:rolleyes: Yes, I am

Hellstormer, now I sorta want to see an R rated Power Pack movie.:oldrazz:

Umm... ArcBlade and Bubonic, for once we disagree.

Luke Cage doesn't need to go all out against regular criminals. You're making him seem like Wolverine. I have no qualms about about putting him through all sorts of physical abuse (subject only to the limits of makeup and safe stuntwork), but Luke tends to only go all out against things (like walls, or heavy machinery) and the superhuman set. He can have a mouth filthier than the Augean stables and dress so stereotyipically he makes Snoop Dogg and Busta Rhymes look straight out of Decateur, Illinois, but sometime during the second act he's going to have to learn some physical control.

Luke tends to fight bad guys a lot. But let's not start the argument again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"