Marvel Studios' Movies Won't Be R-rated

I don't think a Marvel film requires Rambo level blood and guts....especially the last Rambo film, it was like candy....but with blood and awesome....

Honestly I don't think ArcBlade is familiar with any of the characters he's talking about.

Yea R-rated Power Pack all the way.

Honestly I don't think ArcBlade is familiar with any of the characters he's talking about.

Yea R-rated Power Pack all the way.

He just wants to see blood and gore.

And Power Pack would be lucky to get an R rating if done right, NC-17 is more likely.

Someone get on writing the Power Pack script. Violence, gore, and nudity are required.:o

Not that big of a deal to me, since the majority of the Marvel characters don't need an R rating to tell a good story.

You people that are arguing for R-ratings know there are "light" PG-13's and "hard" PG-13s?

No R-rated? No that's odd, but I guess no biggy, I mean the guy's already doing so many big things for us not bad.

Luke tends to fight bad guys a lot.

So do Spider-Man, Daredevil, Iron Man, and yet; no R rating. Go figure.

Hell, Daredevil and Iron Man banged chicks and killed people, yet no R rating....

But yeah, you obviously know the movie business much better than Sam Raimi and Jon Favreau, so why dont i just "shut up"? :whatever:

Someone get on writing the Power Pack script. Violence, gore, and nudity are required.:o

The first half hour is all exposition where every character drops the F-bomb each time they open their mouths. And they're all nude and doing unspeakable things to poodles. Then they feast on a disabled homeless man.

The first half hour is all exposition where every character drops the F-bomb each time they open their mouths. And they're all nude and doing unspeakable things to poodles. Then they feast on a disabled homeless man.
No beastiality or cannibalism.:cmad:

At least from the heroes that is.:o

I thought the whole point of Power Pack was that they were these younger kids with no adult supervision and all these powers....making two of the characters over 18 kind of nullifies the point

the way this thread has gone...sarcasm seems to get lost in the shuffle

Well, to clear things up, ArcBlade is the only one here who's arguing that Marvel should do R movies, because apparently some of their comics are rated R material.
Everyone else is pretty all right with it, and those of us saying rated R Power Pack are just messing around.

I think if Arc-Blade had his way, Spider-Man would be putting has fist through bad guys' heads on a daily basis

I believe that some characters should be R rated and some shouldn't, and that categorically refusing to do R rated stories (even if it's the best and truest depiction of the character) is as stupid as categorically refusing to do G rated stories.

But that's just me. YMMV.

I believe that some characters should be R rated and some shouldn't, and that categorically refusing to do R rated stories (even if it's the best and truest depiction of the character) is as stupid as categorically refusing to do G rated stories.

But that's just me. YMMV.
I was gonna say the same thing.

I wonder what this thread would've been like if Marvel said they were refusing to do G and PG movies

Then that power pack discussion would have a whole different angle.

This is the first I have heard of this, just wanted to throw my 2 cents in.

I think most superhero properties lend themselves to a PG-13 movie, but it also feels like a never say never scenario.

Blade warranted an R-rating, was best with an R-rating, and was one of the first of the recent trends.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"