Stuff you've "saved" from places

Lord Valumart

Hype's Dr - It's Canon
Reaction score
In the years upon this earth I have heard many tales about people raiding skips outside houses and whatnot to find fun things. I myself have saved a cardboard Indiana Jones from a skip, and a friend of a friend got a ping pong table. There's also stuff found on the street such as toys and money, but sometimes more fun things may possibly be there. Or even if you've saved a road sign from a motorway...

WHAT HAVE YOU SAVED?

What is a 'skip'? Do you mean crap they are throwing away?

What is a 'skip'? Do you mean crap they are throwing away?

Like a big bin outside a house if it's getting done out or something... I thought everyone knew what a skip was

A skip, how cute:D. HEY LR!!!

I liberated a few boxes of sauce from Burger King when I quit that craphole.

im in college so every year around the beginning and the end of semesters my friends and i go dumpster diving haha. we usually find dvd's and furniture that people throw out. one year we found a suede couch for my friends apartment. we found some old cell phones and sold them. it seems like the spoiled kids that just dont want to move stuff just throw away good stuff because they know they will get another.

My friend and I found like 10 boxes full of DVD's. Big boxes too.

We sold them then got wasted. :o

I once saved a severed foot on the Canadian coast.

I once saved April from Shredder's technodrome with the help of my three brothers.

I once saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by switching to Geico!

I had a b****ing collection of pint glasses I "liberated" from various bars. I think about 12 in total, all different brands. I also methodically stole an entire martini glass set from a bar in downtown Toronto. I got rid of them this year though, decided to be an adult and have matching glasses.

As for dumpster diving, I outfitted half my apartment that way. This year alone I found:

-a seventies dark wood side table
-a fifties formica diner table
-a chair
-a old fifties wall clock.

ok, I've got a weird one for your guys...

a can of real stock turtle soup, no idea where we came in to possession of this item, but, it manage to fellow us from house to house (as we moved around alot) we've had it for probably over 20 years, and its still seating in my cabinet to this day

but, as for random stuff i'v held on to for whatever, reason...

I have a brick from the old boston garden building (I was in the area, when it was being demolished, and there was loose bricks close enough to the fence to reach) its my stolen little piece of history

I also got some money from other countries that I'v been to
(nothing more then 1 dollar bills, and various coins)

a two dollar bill

as for stuff for the skip (am I using that right?)...

well, most of the furniture in my house was free off the street, or from “skips” (that does, sound been then the trash)

the chaise in my room is from my mom's friend's house when she was moving. i got it before it could make it to the curb, does that count?

The set of The Merv Griffin Show.

From a dumpster.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"