Supposedly "Haunted" Places You've Been To

Rorschach II

Must investigate further.
Reaction score
Guy owns a site that lists all the supposedly haunted places in any state, along with nature of the haunting. Some of you may find some pretty interesting things about places you've been around.

Here's the link: http://www.theshadowlands.net/places/

I'm from Florida, so I'll post the places I've been to from the list, along with the haunting described on the site. I've been to these places but only seen weird things or felt things in a few of them. My comments, if any, will be in bold.

Apopka - Orange Blossom Trail - A Native American warrior in loin cloth crosses the road after prey, looks at you, then disappears.

Carol City - Subway Restaurant - Strange vibes of someone's presence about to run into you (attacking). The doorknob to the back door moves like someone is trying to open the door. Dust fell from the ceiling as if someone were walking up there.

Coral Springs - Blockbuster Video - The Blockbuster on Atlantic Blvd. and Coral Ridge Drive. Haunted by a little boy, employees have seen him in the backroom. Tapes are often rearranged just after being organized, after hours.

Coral Springs - Coral Springs Medical Center - A nurse that used to work in the hospital had a deadly incident and was hospitalized with in the hospital and later died in it. Now she has been seen in the halls just in front of the main elevators for visitors and at night she often opens the doors for people when they are walking towards it without them pushing the button.

Fort Lauderdale - Las Olas - Riverwalk - Oldest hotel in Ft. Lauderdale, supposedly been there since the early 1900(s) and was recently made in the last thirty years a Museum. Been known to be the most active around the hours of late, between 11:00pm and 3:00am. Countless spirits haunt the establishment, as most popular apparitions making appearances seem to be; a man seemingly in his mid-40's wearing a duster pacing the downstairs area. A younger man, whom is in no terms of the word 'shy' as he will in static motion creepily advance to the front door, press palm and face against the glass and scare the passerby if they're caught staring and a little girl with shoulder-length curly hair, wearing a ruffled dress around the ages of 5-7, looking sullenly out the window. Several more can be seen upstairs as well as looming in the hallways, nevertheless, their presence is very clear and realistic like. Some cold spots and overwhelming energies, though experiences vary with the person.

Hialeah - Hialeah High School - The bathroom near the auditorium: A couple of years ago, a freshmen had gone to the bathroom during her 3rd period class. A couple of boys raped her and banged her up so bad that she bled to death in the bath room and no one found out until after school hours when a janitor was went to clean the bathroom. Now, she haunts that bathroom and can not leave until the five boys who raped her die. Students have seen her sitting in the corner of the bathroom, on top of her own blood, rocking front and back chanting "when will they die...".

Hialeah - Hialeah-Miami Lakes Senior High - fourth floor - There has been told that a few years ago a group of students were in the planetarium on the fourth floor of the main building. One of the girls that were in that group of student fell through a big skylight and was killed instantly, they then shut the 4th floor down. Nobody is allowed up there, you rarely see any janitor up there either but it is to be said that the janitors that do go up there have heard many noises from the 4th floor and believe it is the girl who died there many years ago.

Hialeah - Hialeah-Miami Lakes High School - In Hialeah Miami lakes High school's little theater (place were drama students have class) their has been sightings of a ghost nick named Fred, some times music can be heard, and light tend to turn on and off. Don't go to this school but I've been there and I did get a strange feeling in the auditorium and experienced some cold spots, but saw nothing.

Key West - The Hemingway House - Many people have witnessed Ernest Hemingway waving from his studio window. and lights on and sounds of a typewriter being used after the tours are over and the house is unoccupied. Coulda sworn I saw a shape in the window here once.

Miami - Miami Springs - Curtis Mansion - When Miami was a growing city this man- Glenn H. Curtis build his mansion on Deer Run. He loved kids so much, he turned half of the mansion into a daycare, but when he found out his wife had an abortion he got mad and his wife -as for revenge- burned the house down with Glenn Curtis inside. There have been reports of lights going on and off also of ghosts playing tennis and some screaming at night. This place is goddamned spooky. I've been there a few times with my friends, but it's closed off by a barbed-wire gate. Still, we got as close as we could without breaking in and heard weird noises and saw shapes moving in the house. We're currently in the process of getting permission to enter the house and conduct and investigation to see if we can get something on film or capture some EVP on tape, as several ghost hunters have done so before.

Orlando - Disney World - There is known to be a tan figure walking down the streets in front of the castle.

Orlando - Disney World - Pirates of the Caribbean - The spirit of "George" a worker who died there when a beam fell on him during construction still haunts the attraction. At the beginning of the day and at the end of the day attractions workers must come on the PA system and tell George good morning and good night. If not the attraction has been know to shut itself down adding more work before the workers came go home for the night. - March 2004 Addition/ correction - when the ride was being built in the early 70's (it opened Dec. 15, 1973) , George was a welder who clearly, welded different parts of the scenes on the attraction together. One particular area on the ride, called the "burning city", required George to climb up quite high above the ground. George lost his balance, and fell to his death. If you talk to any of the employees at pirates, they will either know of someone who has had an incident with George, or there is a chance they move have had one themselves.
I have gotten strange feelings in this ride, but I always thought it was the atmosphere. And maybe it is.

Orlando - Walt Disney World - EPCOT - Spaceship earth - a small girl with long blonde hair has been seen riding in a car & a boy run in front of her and vanish at the same location (outside during the day).

Orlando - Walt Disney World - Tower of Terror - There has been a story among employees of a ghost walking around the "Tower of Terror" at off hours; he's usually found walking the wrong way, does not respond to calls and then disappears.

Orlando - typhoon lagoon - typhoon lagoon there was a little boy that drowned on the boat slide. Now you can see at night a little boy riding a raft.

Orlando - universal studios back to the future - Some guests have died from natural causes while riding the ride and two maintenance guys have been crushed by the cars while working on the hydraulics. On the third floor at the entrance there are large mirrors where a small hand print appears about 7 ft up especially when that floor isn't being used. won't be cleaned off. also on the third floor when it's closed you hear the song one of the maintenance guys liked to whistle and the sound moves up and down the halls. on the second floor when cleaning cars at the end of the day the cars will close on the employee with no one at the controls and you hear a small girl giggle. also some heavy doors open on their own when the ride isn't turned on. also shadows are seen in the employee hallway up to the third floor followed by a feeling of foreboding.

Pembroke Pines - Publix 528 - In Pembroke Pines in store 528 at Silver Lakes. There was a customer that was a lady by the sea food area, wearing a purple sweater, that had a heart attack and died. Several years later it has been said by a couple of associates that when the store is closing, a lady has been seen walking by the sea food area wearing a purple sweater. When the manager went to get a customer count the lady is nowhere to be found. It is said until this very day that she still haunts the sea food area of Publix 528.

You ever told them to get the **** out?

I've been to the Asheville - The Biltmore Estate, It was lame.

Totowa - Annie's Road - An old road that is said to be haunted by a girl whose body was never found. There is a long red line of blood by the spot where she was killed. She is said to walk the road every night.

Went with a couple of my friends last summer - with all of the effort we put in to finding the road in the first place, and getting lost numerous times in the process, it was worth a whole lot of nothing.

Guy owns a site that lists all the supposedly haunted places in any state, along with nature of the haunting. Some of you may find some pretty interesting things about places you've been around.

Here's the link: http://www.theshadowlands.net/places/

I'm from Florida, so I'll post the places I've been to from the list, along with the haunting described on the site. I've been to these places but only seen weird things or felt things in a few of them. My comments, if any, will be in bold.

Apopka - Orange Blossom Trail - A Native American warrior in loin cloth crosses the road after prey, looks at you, then disappears.

Carol City - Subway Restaurant - Strange vibes of someone's presence about to run into you (attacking). The doorknob to the back door moves like someone is trying to open the door. Dust fell from the ceiling as if someone were walking up there.

Coral Springs - Blockbuster Video - The Blockbuster on Atlantic Blvd. and Coral Ridge Drive. Haunted by a little boy, employees have seen him in the backroom. Tapes are often rearranged just after being organized, after hours.

Coral Springs - Coral Springs Medical Center - A nurse that used to work in the hospital had a deadly incident and was hospitalized with in the hospital and later died in it. Now she has been seen in the halls just in front of the main elevators for visitors and at night she often opens the doors for people when they are walking towards it without them pushing the button.

Fort Lauderdale - Las Olas - Riverwalk - Oldest hotel in Ft. Lauderdale, supposedly been there since the early 1900(s) and was recently made in the last thirty years a Museum. Been known to be the most active around the hours of late, between 11:00pm and 3:00am. Countless spirits haunt the establishment, as most popular apparitions making appearances seem to be; a man seemingly in his mid-40's wearing a duster pacing the downstairs area. A younger man, whom is in no terms of the word 'shy' as he will in static motion creepily advance to the front door, press palm and face against the glass and scare the passerby if they're caught staring and a little girl with shoulder-length curly hair, wearing a ruffled dress around the ages of 5-7, looking sullenly out the window. Several more can be seen upstairs as well as looming in the hallways, nevertheless, their presence is very clear and realistic like. Some cold spots and overwhelming energies, though experiences vary with the person.

Hialeah - Hialeah High School - The bathroom near the auditorium: A couple of years ago, a freshmen had gone to the bathroom during her 3rd period class. A couple of boys raped her and banged her up so bad that she bled to death in the bath room and no one found out until after school hours when a janitor was went to clean the bathroom. Now, she haunts that bathroom and can not leave until the five boys who raped her die. Students have seen her sitting in the corner of the bathroom, on top of her own blood, rocking front and back chanting "when will they die...".

Hialeah - Hialeah-Miami Lakes Senior High - fourth floor - There has been told that a few years ago a group of students were in the planetarium on the fourth floor of the main building. One of the girls that were in that group of student fell through a big skylight and was killed instantly, they then shut the 4th floor down. Nobody is allowed up there, you rarely see any janitor up there either but it is to be said that the janitors that do go up there have heard many noises from the 4th floor and believe it is the girl who died there many years ago.

Hialeah - Hialeah-Miami Lakes High School - In Hialeah Miami lakes High school's little theater (place were drama students have class) their has been sightings of a ghost nick named Fred, some times music can be heard, and light tend to turn on and off. Don't go to this school but I've been there and I did get a strange feeling in the auditorium and experienced some cold spots, but saw nothing.

Key West - The Hemingway House - Many people have witnessed Ernest Hemingway waving from his studio window. and lights on and sounds of a typewriter being used after the tours are over and the house is unoccupied. Coulda sworn I saw a shape in the window here once.

Miami - Miami Springs - Curtis Mansion - When Miami was a growing city this man- Glenn H. Curtis build his mansion on Deer Run. He loved kids so much, he turned half of the mansion into a daycare, but when he found out his wife had an abortion he got mad and his wife -as for revenge- burned the house down with Glenn Curtis inside. There have been reports of lights going on and off also of ghosts playing tennis and some screaming at night. This place is goddamned spooky. I've been there a few times with my friends, but it's closed off by a barbed-wire gate. Still, we got as close as we could without breaking in and heard weird noises and saw shapes moving in the house. We're currently in the process of getting permission to enter the house and conduct and investigation to see if we can get something on film or capture some EVP on tape, as several ghost hunters have done so before.

Orlando - Disney World - There is known to be a tan figure walking down the streets in front of the castle.

Orlando - Disney World - Pirates of the Caribbean - The spirit of "George" a worker who died there when a beam fell on him during construction still haunts the attraction. At the beginning of the day and at the end of the day attractions workers must come on the PA system and tell George good morning and good night. If not the attraction has been know to shut itself down adding more work before the workers came go home for the night. - March 2004 Addition/ correction - when the ride was being built in the early 70's (it opened Dec. 15, 1973) , George was a welder who clearly, welded different parts of the scenes on the attraction together. One particular area on the ride, called the "burning city", required George to climb up quite high above the ground. George lost his balance, and fell to his death. If you talk to any of the employees at pirates, they will either know of someone who has had an incident with George, or there is a chance they move have had one themselves.
I have gotten strange feelings in this ride, but I always thought it was the atmosphere. And maybe it is.

Orlando - Walt Disney World - EPCOT - Spaceship earth - a small girl with long blonde hair has been seen riding in a car & a boy run in front of her and vanish at the same location (outside during the day).

Orlando - Walt Disney World - Tower of Terror - There has been a story among employees of a ghost walking around the "Tower of Terror" at off hours; he's usually found walking the wrong way, does not respond to calls and then disappears.

Orlando - typhoon lagoon - typhoon lagoon there was a little boy that drowned on the boat slide. Now you can see at night a little boy riding a raft.

Orlando - universal studios back to the future - Some guests have died from natural causes while riding the ride and two maintenance guys have been crushed by the cars while working on the hydraulics. On the third floor at the entrance there are large mirrors where a small hand print appears about 7 ft up especially when that floor isn't being used. won't be cleaned off. also on the third floor when it's closed you hear the song one of the maintenance guys liked to whistle and the sound moves up and down the halls. on the second floor when cleaning cars at the end of the day the cars will close on the employee with no one at the controls and you hear a small girl giggle. also some heavy doors open on their own when the ride isn't turned on. also shadows are seen in the employee hallway up to the third floor followed by a feeling of foreboding.

Pembroke Pines - Publix 528 - In Pembroke Pines in store 528 at Silver Lakes. There was a customer that was a lady by the sea food area, wearing a purple sweater, that had a heart attack and died. Several years later it has been said by a couple of associates that when the store is closing, a lady has been seen walking by the sea food area wearing a purple sweater. When the manager went to get a customer count the lady is nowhere to be found. It is said until this very day that she still haunts the sea food area of Publix 528.

so apparently all of florida is haunted:dry:

I love the Shadowlands, I always visit that website every now and then. Lots of interesting stuff to read up on there.

Brunswick - The Old Brunswick High School - There have been three people that have died on BHS grounds. Doors slamming, and moving objects.

Brunswick - Pickard Theater Bowdoin College- One theater technician reported feeling cold and seeing a swinging lamp in a room with no outside ventilation (the scenery construction shop at the top of the theater).

Brunswick - River rd - Up and down river road there are 5 markers made out of stone. It is said that thousands of years ago Native Americans lived on this site. There have been many many surveyors that have looked over the stones and nobody knows what they are or what they were used for. that late at night on full moons strange things happen near those stones. you can hear old voices and singing.

Those are all from my home town.

The old BHS always was spooky, I had basketball practice there late at night. Other kids used to say they heard stuff slamming and what not, but I've never seen anything.
River Road is a pretty long stretch, and is lonely at night. Kids drink out there. Never seen anything.

Alton Towers. Didn't see anything creepy though

Been to some haunted places around where I live.

One really bigass creepy cemetary (it rained and stormed just as we got there), couple theatres (I swear I saw something at one of them), and a old orphanage/hospital/abandoned building. Best way I can describe that place was the setting for the final battle with Spidey and Green Goblin in the movie, but not nearly as big and dirty.

Gravity Hill. A local place where your car rolls uphill in neutral.

My friends and I used to take road trips to supposed haunted places when we were high school using Shadowlands as a guide in most cases. Fun times.

- One of the dorms at my old college. I never saw anything, but I was an RA and had to report some weird ****.

- My friend's house. This I did see somethign when I was down in the basement with him getting his camping gear out. I freaked out and he just said that the ghost has always been there. When we got upstaird he told his mom the farmer is back and his whole family just shrugged it off because it was normal.

- The Red Lion pub in Chicago. It's a famous haunted landmark in Chicago.

Supposedly savvanah georgia has some haunted places, i never seen anything out of the ordinary though

Bloomington - Binford Elementary - A man wearing a black cloak is said to roam the Auditorium, when it's dark. There have also been some electrical problems

I am pretty sure that is where the new Super Wal-Mart is. I have been in there, & I haven't experienced in strange activities in the frozen food area.:huh:

Bloomington - Hoosier National Forrest - Step Family Cemetery. Two brothers fought and killed each other over inheritance of their father's land. They are both buried at the cemetery and the land became Hoosier National Forrest. If you drive to the cemetery you can witness strange occurrences like car engines dying and some sightings.

Been here. Some scary sh** went down.

Bloomington - Indiana University Cries of woman and unborn children have been heard.

Gonna check this one out.

Bloomington - Indiana University Bloomington - The Career Center - Indiana University is said to be haunted by the ghosts of aborted children. A doctor supposedly performed illegal abortions there many years ago.

IU. aborting children, & coaches since 2001.:o

Bloomington - Indiana University Bloomington - The Folklore Office - at Indiana University is reportedly haunted by the former chairman.

Again. checking this one out.

Bloomington - Indiana University Bloomington - The Indiana Memorial Union - at Indiana University contains several human ghosts and one dog ghost from the suicides that have occurred there over the years.

Was just there yesterday. Doesn't seem to be haunted. It is just a pain to navigate in. If you don't go there every day.

Bloomington - Indiana University Bloomington - The Lily Library - is said to be haunted.

I am going to check this one out as well.

Bloomington - Porticos - When this place was a restaurant, people claimed to see a little girl's face in the bathroom mirror. Customers also complained of hearing children laughing and playing upstairs while in the dining room below.

Never heard of it.

Bloomington - Read Dorm, 6th floor - Many years ago a young woman named Paula, (an R.A) was believed to have been over stressed and worked, so she flung herself down the stairs head first killing herself on impact. Late at night on December 12th, you can still hear her scream as she plunged to her death.

Why would she scream if she killed herself?":huh:

dracula's castle :up:
just visited by manson this weekend also :)
(the castle)

My old house was haunted, as was my best friend's last two houses, and his dad's current house.

The library at my old university is apparently haunted. My best friend's brother was on the second floor one night and saw the school's founder standing there. The man's been dead for a number of years.

l_3c07752f7f0ca055c7109ff78d20df40.jpg

I ain't afraid of no ghosts.

'Ghosts' and 'spirits' are a result of your mind playing tricks on you.

'Ghosts' and 'spirits' are a result of your mind playing tricks on you.

So my mind flung a piece of plastic against my back? And it changed the time and alarm settings, while also closing and moving my alarm clock while I laid next to it? :wow:

My mind rocks! :word:

I live in London. I could talk about the haunted places, but I would be here all week.

So my mind flung a piece of plastic against my back? And it changed the time and alarm settings, while also closing and moving my alarm clock while I laid next to it? :wow:

My mind rocks! :word:

LOL!

Holy sh** hauntings aren't real, but TK is.:wow:

You can control sh** with you mind man!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulsantiagoolg