Super Powers

ShaneHelms

CS Model 101
Reaction score
Who thinks Super Powers should be re-released.. i know Kenner dosent exist but there is a warehouse i know.. that has the orginal molds.. for them.. and Hasbro or Mattel could get there hands on them. and re-release them.. like with GI-Joe.. or He-Man.. ( not the new version ). what do you guys think..?

The collectors nowadays seem to love the highly detailed figures like the DC Direct ones. And without Kenner, it wouldn't feel the same way now, as it did back in the 80's. I say leave it the way it is.

Of course, there are a couple I still want to get. but no, I say leave it.

yeah i do miss Kenner.. anyone know what happened to them.. they were a huge coperation.. and next thing boom.. just Hasbro left.

The line died as the best ever.
Let's let it rest in peace.

i think there should be some sort of anniversary re-release.

a few years back, Masters of the Universe figures were rereleased. they were exact copies of the ones from the 80s and it would be really two boxes. there was the Anniversary box and inside that box was the original packaged figure.

i think they should do something like that

Familiarize me with this "Super Powers" line. I've never heard of it.

Originally posted by Cyclops
Familiarize me with this "Super Powers" line. I've never heard of it.

Yeah I'll get right on that. :mad:
Just let me familiarize my first with your face.:mad:
You are a child of the eighties. You have to know of Super Powers. I mean, ****, I'm a 90's kid (born in '88) and I know them.
:(

Well, judging from the comments above, they're DC figures, and I never gave a rat's ass about DC either way. In the eighties, I was a Ninja Turtles, He-Man, Ghostbusters kinda guy...

The only DC line from the 80's I remember is the short-lived Toy Biz one.

Originally posted by Cyclops
Well, judging from the comments above, they're DC figures, and I never gave a rat's ass about DC either way. In the eighties, I was a Ninja Turtles, He-Man, Ghostbusters kinda guy...

The only DC line from the 80's I remember is the short-lived Toy Biz one.

Yeah the ToyBiz one was their ****ty alternative to Super Powers.
Here is a great site where you can learn about them.
You've probably seen them before, at some point.

Eh.... they all do the same thing... squeeze legs together for punching action.

They're okay for old eighties figures... but they sure ain't no Ghostbusters.

Fact o the matter is they would not make money. Not much anyway. I like the old figures, but I preffer to collect them MOC from their origianl time.

of the Superpowers line, i had Batman, Robin, Wonder Woman.
i had more of Toy Biz's Superheroes line. Mr. Freeze, Penguin, Riddler, Two-Face, Superman, Flash, and the entire Batman movie assortment (which is still my favorite Batman figure)

I liked the Super Powers line better. They just looked better. I had Superman, Wonder Woman, Martian Manhunter, Flash, Green Lantern, the 'Mail Away' Clar Kent, Aquaman, Plastic Man, Batman, Robin, Hawkman, Dr. Fate, Darkseid, Green Arrow, and Firestorm. Luckly I still have them in the package to.

Originally posted by The Kryptonian
I liked the Super Powers line better. They just looked better. I had Superman, Wonder Woman, Martian Manhunter, Flash, Green Lantern, the 'Mail Away' Clar Kent, Aquaman, Plastic Man, Batman, Robin, Hawkman, Dr. Fate, Darkseid, Green Arrow, and Firestorm. Luckly I still have them in the package to.

Sell me Dr Fate or suffer horrible death :mad:
:)

I have an Orginal Batmobile and Batman.. mint condition.. but still i miss those figures.. they were like direct comic book figues. like DC direct.. but i loved Super-Powers.

Originally posted by incurock31
Sell me Dr Fate or suffer horrible death :mad:
:)

NO! He's mine! HAHAHAHAHAHA! You shall not get him.... :D

Actually, there's one on EBAY real cheap right now.

incurock31 said:
You are a child of the eighties. You have to know of Super Powers. I mean, ****, I'm a 90's kid (born in '88) and I know them.

Wow, I was a ****ty 15-year-old. :csad:

incurock31 said:
im an 85 baby and never heard of them.... :oldrazz: enlighten me

incurock31 said:
Yeah the ToyBiz one was their ****ty alternative to Super Powers.
Here is a great site where you can learn about them.
You've probably seen them before, at some point.
oooo i had the penguin and the repainted penguin from batman returns (it was red and black)

Ben Urich said:
Wow, I was a ****ty 15-year-old. :csad:

You're only 17?

Wow.

Also you spelled Fist wrong and made it look silly.

Man I miss my Super Power toys, but agreed. There time has come and gone, they can't compete with the new highly detailed, highly articulated figures from any toy company. But what they lack in those departments, they trounce thenew figures in nostaglia.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"