SUPER UBER SPOILERMANIA: The Ending... What Does It Mean?

Mjölnir;27124411 said:
Why does it matter more what happened to a minor character? It's not like that is a big mystery. At worst put in a dungeon for a while and it changes nothing as he had been taken off duty when he committed treason.

And this isn't just addressing whether Loki lives, it's setting up a special situation for the future. And of course there's something complex about him sitting on the throne. It's all in the how? You can't seriously tell me that you don't think there's some really big obstacles for him to get there? Give me the answer to this then if there's no complexity to it.

Why is it redundant that Thor grieves? Loki hasn't been shown to be alive at that points. Do you realize how much of movies in general that can be named redundant with that logic?

And nothing has changed for the series? A villain sits on the throne of Asgard but all is the same? I'm starting to think you're just having a go.

He's Loki, he's demonstrated in 3 movies he's has the ability produce illusions. That's not a complex answer.

He's Loki, he's demonstrated in 3 movies he's has the ability produce illusions. That's not a complex answer.

It's also not an acceptable answer. How does he manage to replace Odin? It would very quickly be noticed if there was two Odins walking around in Asgard, especially when Thor comes back to talk to his father. It's obvious that something must have happened to Odin.

Mjölnir;27125577 said:
It's also not an acceptable answer. How does he manage to replace Odin? It would very quickly be noticed if there was two Odins walking around in Asgard, especially when Thor comes back to talk to his father. It's obvious that something must have happened to Odin.
not as long as Loki can keep the illusion that this imprisoned high security person in the dungeon is someone completely different

not as long as Loki can keep the illusion that this imprisoned high security person in the dungeon is someone completely different

I was answering a post that didn't deal with Odin being gone whatsoever. He claimed that Loki can just waltz into Asgard, take Odin's form and nothing will seem strange to anyone. Not even Odin.

But to respond to your idea, how did Loki get Odin into a dungeon cell? Is Loki's magic so powerful that Odin can't break it? Is the dungeon cell strong enough to hold Odin?

There is no simple answer to the mystery without getting more information.

Lok being on the throne is different this time. Before, Thor always wanted the throne and Loki took it by lying. This time, Thor acknowledges that Loki would have been the better king. Loki/Odin allows Thor to return to Earth and takes his rightful place on the throne. If Thor doesn't want to be king and Odin made too many mistakes in the movie to be considered a good one and Frigga is dead, then it makes sense for Loki to be king. In the first Thor, he wanted revenge on Thor and wanted to prove himself, in TDW, he doesn't need to do any of that anymore. Besides, to end the movie with Odin still as king when his own son and loyal subjects went against his word would be stupid.

When the asguardian guard returns from the dark elves world, telling Odin That Loki had been killed, look at him, I bet he's Loki in disguise. It Is when he replaced Odin ( they were only two in the room ) Loki has probably created the illusion of being injures by the blade, then he stayer on the ground, so Thor could took him in his arm. After another illusion of his dying body, eh replaced the guard Odin send and then replaced Odin, very simple for him

When the asguardian guard returns from the dark elves world, telling Odin That Loki had been killed, look at him, I bet he's Loki in disguise. It Is when he replaced Odin ( they were only two in the room ) Loki has probably created the illusion of being injures by the blade, then he stayer on the ground, so Thor could took him in his arm. After another illusion of his dying body, eh replaced the guard Odin send and then replaced Odin, very simple for him

How is it simple for him to just replace the All-father? Odin isn't exactly powerless, to put it mildly.

Otherwise I agree, Loki took out the guard that went looking for them and assumed his identity.

Mjölnir;27126759 said:
How is it simple for him to just replace the All-father? Odin isn't exactly powerless, to put it mildly.

Otherwise I agree, Loki took out the guard that went looking for them and assumed his identity.

One question comes to mind, if Odin is in reality Loki in disguise, then why did Loki not prevent that the Aether is given away at the end? One royal order from "Odin" to keep the Aether should have been sufficient - and Loki certainly wanted to have that thing!

One question comes to mind, if Odin is in reality Loki in disguise, then why did Loki not prevent that the Aether is given away at the end? One royal order from "Odin" to keep the Aether should have been sufficient - and Loki certainly wanted to have that thing!

Good question. One possible answer can be that the scene isn't necessarily in the correct chronological place and Loki usurped the throne after Odin had sent it away.

Loki disguised as Odin sent it to the Collector who is collecting the Gems for Thanos. This was repayment for his **** up with the Chitari invasion of Earth. That's my guess anyways. Loki wanted it sent away. The "why" is anyone's guess at this point.

Loki disguised as Odin sent it to the Collector who is collecting the Gems for Thanos. This was repayment for his **** up with the Chitari invasion of Earth. That's my guess anyways. Loki wanted it sent away. The "why" is anyone's guess at this point.

Nice thought. I like it.

Saw it for the second time today. Someone yesterday on one of the threads here said they thought Loki'd been killed, gone to bad place and made a deal with Hela to have Odin replace him and therefore save himself.
I thought that sounded very good and noticed the part where Loki [BLACKOUT]kills Kurse by throwing that inter dimensional devise at him and says to him "See you in bad place monster" [/BLACKOUT]

Now that may have nothing to do with anything that we'll see play out, but my ears pricked up when he said the line.

Also, in the credits scene, there was [BLACKOUT]definately no Infinity Gauntlet in the room with The Collector that I could see.[/BLACKOUT]

I had a good look as the scene is quite slow and gives you time to check out the cases, table, etc.

I saw nothing at all there.

This will make me sound a little sick and blood thirsty but I'm hoping Odin is dead and Thor 3 is Thor going to Hel to bring him back. How epic would that be.

Perhaps they will need Odin (Surtur?) so in Thor 3 Thor & probably Loki will search for him.

I doubt Odin is imprisoned somewhere, more suspect that Odin was off on another world for some reason and Loki just used that time to try and influence Thor to go and live on Earth, which is what I got out of what Thor said.
The really tricky thing is how he gets passed Heimdel all the time. But with his presumed death I suppose Heimy isn't looking for him.

I doubt Odin is imprisoned somewhere, more suspect that Odin was off on another world for some reason and Loki just used that time to try and influence Thor to go and live on Earth, which is what I got out of what Thor said.
The really tricky thing is how he gets passed Heimdel all the time. But with his presumed death I suppose Heimy isn't looking for him.

Heimdall can't see through Loki's illusions. That's how he could get the frost giants into Asgard in the first movie. When Loki "died" Heimdall wasn't in service (he might still not be). We didn't see what happened to Heimdall but they wouldn't have sent a solider to Svartalfheim if he was around to gaze.

You're telling me not even Heimdall can see Loki sitting on the throne ? And Odin sitting in some dungeon somewhere ? Dude sees everything.

You're telling me not even Heimdall can see Loki sitting on the throne ? And Odin sitting in some dungeon somewhere ? Dude sees everything.

No he doesn't. First of all he needs to be actively looking somewhere. Secondly the first movie made it very obvious that Loki can hide things from him.

It's not even sure it matters what he can or cannot see either though as he turned himself in for treason. He might be indisposed himself (by Odin).

People should stop reading too deep in the ending.
Loki killed Odin, and previously Odin said "we're born, we live, we die" (something like that) to Loki at the beginning.

Odin is dead. Loki is King.

Honestly, the ending and the logical actions leading up to the ending for a story perspective didn't feel out of place at all. Loki, just by Hiddleston's performance, felt like one step ahead of Thor the whole time they finally got together.

He basically adapted on the fly and it worked in his favor.

That was the one aspect of the film that I didn't have a problem with.

I thought it was painfully obvious that it was Loki in disguise.

I thought it was painfully obvious that it was Loki in disguise.

Yeah, while I had to wipe away a tear when Loki died, I thought that his plan was really good. Of course I knew that he faked his death somehow. The only way how he could escape his cell. Cause Thor told him he'll be there again after revenging their mothers death lol. He faked his death with one illusion, shape-shifted into one of the guards and returned to Asgard. Maybe he used another shape to sneak into Odins chambers and overpower him.

How did he do that? How did he trick Odin and defeat him? I think he might have used the essence to gain power or he used another tool/magic weapon. Odin is not death. He would not kill him. Maybe he also used the essence or one of those portal granades to remove Odin into another world or dimension where no one would look for him.

Right when Loki / Odin spoke to Thor I knew something was wrong here. Odin wouldn't be like that. That was obviously out of character. I didn't even expect Loki behind this, I kinda thought the writers messed him up lol.

My theory about future movies: Loki is continuing his secret reign and allows Thor to stay in Midgard. The more time he is not in Asgard the better. Maybe he'll cut off the way back again. This might lead to Robert Rodi's Loki (aka Blood Brothers).

People should stop reading too deep in the ending.
Loki killed Odin, and previously Odin said "we're born, we live, we die" (something like that) to Loki at the beginning.

Odin is dead. Loki is King.

That's not Loki's style. He'd never kill Odin. He wants him to watch his doing. There is no meaning in just killing him. He wants to give Odin a lesson ;)

You missed reading a few dozen comics when he actually overpowered Odin and Thor lol.

I doubted Loki was really dead for good because the death scene and aftermath was not prolonged enough, for a major character. I was also doubtful of lasting redemption, dead or not. I certainly didn't expect the end, but I thought it was a marvellous way to continue Loki's trickster, wildcard-morality character arc and further complicate Thor and Loki's relationship which must not "freeze" as someone else put it, because it's a cornerstone of their appearances together, must keep fresh and tell a progressive story, and also from what Feige is saying, he realises Loki is a very popular character.

There's a lot of ways to go from here with that end; it's certainly sparked my imagination and I think that of many. I see those hoping for redemption for Loki are a bit upset right now, lol.

One feels the real Loki wrote the script and is one step ahead of every poster on this forum

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"