What we know about Thor 2 from the Avengers...

Discussion in 'Thor: The Dark World' started by kaijunexus, May 5, 2012.

1. JB-the-Hunter

JB-the-Hunter Booty hunter

I was thinking the same thing

2. BigThor

BigThor God of Thunder

Bingo :word:

3. Mjölnir

Mjölnir Guest

I took it as effects that appear from people travelling the Rainbow Bridge, given that it appears when Thor comes. Asgardians probably don't travel there often but since Midgard is the mid realm you would probably pass it even if you're going to another realm, which could be why she's seen it before.

4. charl_huntress

charl_huntress Well-Known Member

HaHa... I have a very nice 60" HD/3D TV at home with excellent surround.

Plus, movies are so expensive these days, I just try to be patient and wait to buy it on blu-ray. I know....I'm cheap, but I'm trying to buy a house in CA.

5. charl_huntress

That makes sense. Though it stood out because she kept saying there was a pattern. Then she finds Thor on one of the expeditions.

I do hope they explore exactly what she has been researching. Jane's research was very important in the movie and SHIELD wanted her to continue, but it is never explained...lol

6. Lady Marion

Lady Marion It's all in the swing

Believe me, some movies deserves it to watch them in the theater. TA is one of them. An home entertainment center is no match with a big screen, as good as it may be.

7. BigThor

BigThor God of Thunder

Word! :word:

8. charl_huntress

Yes, that does make sense. Yet, how do you explain the fact of Jane being able to detect the bifrost, so she was there when Thor appeared? Again, my issue is the research that led Jane to the EXACT spot of the bifrost opening. My basic question is why was she in the desert to begin with? Why did she bring Selvig with her? Why did she call him to begin with?

I just felt like these basic questions were not answered and I wondered if there was some "comic" explanation I was missing that was answered by the comics.

9. charl_huntress

Yes...but my TV is really good and I have to save money. When I weigh the cost of watching a movie in the privacy of my own home vs. a movie theater. My home always wins. Plus, I HAVE to save money because I'm buying a house. I have no choice, but to cut out the finer things. Believe me it is hard...but I'll watch movies once I have a garage.

:yay:

10. Lady Marion

Oh, that's hard and I can understand that you have to save money for your house. I bought a house last year and I know how it is to be constantly in the red at the bank account. But it's absolutely worth. I wish you much luck in your new home!

11. RockSP

RockSP MYTH SMITH ∞!!!

Heh heh...you don't owe anyone an explanation. Bottom line, it's just a movie. Some of these Avengers zealots would've probably sold their first born child for a movie ticket. :meanie:

12. marcvader

marcvader Lurker #1

Hey, I got an offer I couldn't refuse. :dry:

13. Lady Marion

No, not my child, but I would think over if they asked for my mother-in-law.:oldrazz:

14. Godzilla2000

Godzilla2000 Dollar Store Diva

You know, I just noticed that we seem to like relishing the thought of Loki suffering don't we? I think this sort of talk has been going on since the Avengers was announced and the height of Loki's treachery on Earth was known. I'd stated this in the Loki thread I believe, but if Odin banished Thor just for riling up the Frost Giants, just imagine what punishment Loki will face for all the people he murdered on Earth, and possibly in other realms for Thanos. Odin is not the sort to be trifled with, not even if you're a member of his house.

15. spideymouse

spideymouse Well-Known Member

I think that it was an obvious next step for Loki given where we see him during The Avengers epilogue. It's one of the few sure things we're expecting to see for Phase II.

16. marcvader

marcvader Lurker #1

I hope to hear Odin say this to Loki, "THAT is strength, boy! THAT is power! The strength and power of flesh! What is steel, compared to the hand that wields it? Look at the strength in your body, the desire in your heart, I gave you this! Such a waste... Contemplate this on the tree of woe. Crucify him!". Oh wait, wrong movie.:oldrazz:

17. Godzilla2000

Godzilla2000 Dollar Store Diva

Well regardless whatever lines Odin will be given addressing Loki's crimes it will be of the highest caliber drama wise.

18. Canadian Rider

Canadian Rider Ghost Lantern

I am curious ... does it matter that he just appeared in Avengers? Do we have to know what happened in between the two films or does that have to be explained in the new Thor pic? Is it better or worse from a fan standpoint to have them start the next film from the end of the Avengers and just not tell us what happened? I would like them to pick up and explain but at the same time it doesn't really matter does it?

19. JB-the-Hunter

JB-the-Hunter Booty hunter

Well, what happened in The Avengers affected every character in big, BIG ways. I'm pretty sure every phase 2 film will definitely acknowledge those events to an extent, probably Cap 2 the most though.

20. marcvader

marcvader Lurker #1

He raised a lot of hell in Asgard and on Earth when last we saw him and needs to be dealt with by his dad. This needs to be touched upon .

21. herolee10

herolee10 No More Miracles

I hope that this film actually shows a flashback or explains very well on the means that Odin took to send thor back to Earth in the first place and how that might have had consequences as well.

22. American Maid

American Maid Well-Known Member

Well, they're going to have to get it fixed so that Surtur can break it again. . . .

23. jaqua99

jaqua99 ....I need a horse!

Movie theaters have 60 foot screens with more than likely better sound lol.

10 bucks isn't too bad.

24. ironmaidenrules

ironmaidenrules Well-Known Member

Just think how many times he could have seen Avengers if he sold the TV...what a waste.

25. jaqua99

jaqua99 ....I need a horse!

haha ya.

But sorry guys for bringing that up. It was over a month ago. Didn't realize