What we know about Thor 2 from the Avengers...

kaijunexus

Marvel Cinematic Universe
Reaction score
So, after seeing the Avengers midnight screening, I'm wondering how this film will influence Thor 2...

Let's go over what we know for sure...

- The Bifrost is still in disrepair

- Odin summoned massive amounts of magic/energy to bring Thor to Earth (who knows what effect this has had on the King of Asgard?)

- Loki is now a prisoner of Asgard and will undoubtedly suffer some sort of punishment for his deeds

- Jane has still not been reunited with Thor

- The Tesseract is back in Odin's possession

How do you guys see these plot points factoring into Thor 2?

So, after seeing the Avengers midnight screening, I'm wondering how this film will influence Thor 2...

Let's go over what we know for sure...

- The Bifrost is still in disrepair

- Odin summoned massive amounts of magic/energy to bring Thor to Earth (who knows what effect this has had on the King of Asgard?)

- Loki is now a prisoner of Asgard and will undoubtedly suffer some sort of punishment for his deeds

- Jane has still not been reunited with Thor

- The Tesseract is back in Odin's possession

How do you guys see these plot points factoring into Thor 2?

The Bifrost being destroyed could've thrown several of the other nine realms into chaos, however I hope Odin isn't weakened bringing Thor to earth.

I'd rather see the consequences of Odin using that magic having a more indirect effect like disturbing an ancient evil.

Loki says that Odin must have used dark magic but Thor doesn't say yes or no to that. It still is open. Perhaps he made a deal with Enchantress?

Loki says that Odin must have used dark magic but Thor doesn't say yes or no to that. It still is open. Perhaps he made a deal with Enchantress?

Perhaps....

Speaking of which, I really can't wait for the details of THOR II to start rolling this summer. :woot:

a cool development could be that odin made the deal with enchantress, and in payment he has to help retrieve something for her, something that would require travelling to other realms. thor steps in in his fathers place with lady sif and the warriors 3, and skurge the executioner travels with them as insurance for the enchantress. just an idea.

Or with Karnilla, as she is at his level as far as sorcery goes...
Perhaps....

Speaking of which, I really can't wait for the details of THOR II to start rolling this summer. :woot:

Yeah, in a few weeks the news will start coming!:word:

Or with Karnilla, as she is at his level as far as sorcery goes...

Odin's even higher than Karnilla in the magic department :wow:, but I wouldn't mind her being the one who contributed some of the "dark energy".

Odin's even higher than Karnilla in the magic department :wow:, but I wouldn't mind her being the one who contributed some of the "dark energy".

Indeed, he is. She's 'number 2', which still is impressive.
Anyway, 'dark energy' could be related to the Dark Elves....

That general guy told Loki if he failed there would be no place for him to hide they couldn't find him. I wonder if they go after him on Asgard thus starting a war?

I would bet the cube can somehow repair the bifrost or build something similar.

Dumb question: Can the Bifrost be rebuilt? Or better: Why not?

Based on an easter egg from Thor and the way The Avengers ends, I think there's a strong possibility of
Thanos
having a part to play in both Thor 2 and The Avengers 2, although I don't think we'll see
Thanos
invade Earth during the events of Thor 2, which means that Thor probably won't come back during that film and any reunion between him and Jane will involve her going to Asgard.

I am very Intrested In seeing In Thor 2 what Odin does to Loki.

Hopefully the earth scenes will be brief.Thor will probally bring Jane to Asgard.It's been
storngly hinted Thor 2 will mostly focus on events In Asgard and other parts of the 9 realms.

I am very Intrested In seeing In Thor 2 what Odin does to Loki.

Hopefully the earth scenes will be brief.Thor will probally bring Jane to Asgard.It's been
storngly hinted Thor 2 will mostly focus on events In Asgard and other parts of the 9 realms.

Nah my friend, it's been flat-out said by both Marvel representives and Kevin Feige.

Loki is gonna be in some deep **** for sure.

Besides having to answer to Odin, I would think others in the Universe would be hunting him down as promised in The Avengers.

Last edited:
Loki is gonna be in some deep **** for sure.

Besides having to answer to Odin, I would think others in the Universe would be hunting him down as promised in The Avengers.

Hopefully this leads to an epic Odin vs Thanos confrontation, which would make perfect sense.

Odin vs Thanos would be great. I would love to see Asgard invaded by Thanos instead of Earth in TA2

I want Jane to go to Asgard :D and I want her to meet Sif. That would be really cool.

I kinda agree, i think Thanos will find someone, something as a distraction for the Asgardians as he robs the vault...will get into conflict with Odin and kill him(Hopkins isnt going to do these forever)Thor AND Loki in the meantime will defeat the other baddies...Thor will inherit the Odinforce and use it in the Avengers 2 for revenge.

Am I the only one who thinks a Thanos appearance in T2 takes a little bit away from the character in TA3?

It would depend on how much they use him I guess. From what was said between Loki and The Other in TA, I think it should be addressed. It could be that we see Thanos or hes just behind the scenes and sends others after him. Something with him should happen, even if its a credit scene. I think they should at least tease what hes capable of.

If we don't see Thanos make good on his threat to Loki in TA in Thor 2, it will taint his part in it I think. He doesn't have to have a huge presence but he at least should make an appearance or statement that whatever is going down it has to do with him. Why make the threat to Loki otherwise?

I kinda agree, i think Thanos will find someone, something as a distraction for the Asgardians as he robs the vault...will get into conflict with Odin and kill him(Hopkins isnt going to do these forever)Thor AND Loki in the meantime will defeat the other baddies...Thor will inherit the Odinforce and use it in the Avengers 2 for revenge.

Nah Thanos is nowhere near as powerful as Odin, he can't even harm him plus if anyone kills Odin it should be Surtur.

Yeah I know MCU Odin lost his eye from Laufey, but I'm under the impression that Odin didn't have the Odin Force at the time. I say this because he really didn't seem anymore powerful than Thor in the flash back scene of his Frost Giant battle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"