Supergirl Superheroes ON and OFF Supergirl!

Kelly

Who the heck is KELLY?
Staff member
Reaction score
Many may not know, but Chris Wood's father committed suicide and suffered from Depression. Mental Illness is a disease that does not get the dialogue among people like other diseases because of the stigma that has been placed on it for centuries. Now is the time to change that stigma and start the dialogue.

Chris Wood and his social media site at #IDontMind are fighting to change that stigma and start the dialogue. This next week is Mental Illness Awareness Week October 1 -- 7..... Chris and Melissa did a live Instagram Q&A, here it is from Mia Youtube page.

Mental Illness is a disease that does not get the dialogue among people like other diseases because of the stigma that has been placed on it for centuries.

And Kelly it should! Take it from me, I have Autism Spectrum Disorder (f/k/a Asperger's Syndrome) and Generalized Anxiety Disorder and I am MORE THAN READY to talk about it.

And let me be the first to say it here...

#IDONTMIND

What shocked me was to know that Melissa, despite her "Little Miss Funshine" persona has dealt with depression and anxiety. As long as she has a support staff, captained by Chris Wood, she can live as long as she can. We need to help her as best we can and all those dealing with mental health issues, yours truly included.

Have I felt sad and depressed? I have. And that's all I can say.

I suffer from anxiety as well, I'm lucky that my doctor has me on a more holistic plan rather than medication.

Farley is Melissa's service dog. :)

And Kelly, going holistic and natural is WAY better than filling the coffers of all those drug companies looking for victims.

I wish, despite me being on a nutrition plan and going to my local gym 5 days a week, I had something holistic or natural to help me out. The Autism, well there is no cure, but maybe the anxiety, and also having to help my pain stricken mother, but that's another story, I can get some help.

And yes, having a pet (dog or cat,if you can take the $$$ stress) will help out. Of course for me watching puppy and kitten videos or hearing a cat purr for a while is a way to help out.

I suggest that Melissa still keep tabs on Farley, Milli and Chris's dog Drift. They are HER heroes in dealing with stress, anxiety, etc.

Milli and Otis went with her ex.....they are his dogs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"