Superior

Wow, Millar is making bank. His work is kinda hit and miss with me sometimes, but still, good for him. I'm looking forward to superior. I remember reading about it in wizard.

i'm intrigued, looks like it'll be disecting the messiah figure attributed to characters like superman and captain marvel... consider me intrigued.

From Comic Book Movie:

Matthew Vaughn To Direct Mark Millar's Superior Before Kick-Ass 2?

According to Millar, the upcoming comic book is already recieving interest from studios while the director has the choice of helming either Kick-Ass 2 or Superior once he's done with X-Men: First Class...

Mark Millar has quickly become one of the most prolific and popular comic book writers of today thanks to bo both his critically acclaimed work for Marvel and his excellent creator owned work. Two of the latter have already been adapted to film (Kick-Ass and Wanted) while Nemesis is currently in pre-production with Tony Scott directing and Johnny Depp and Brad Pitt both favourites to star. Now, it seems that Millar is already lining up his and artist Lenil Francis Yu's Superior for the big screen as he revealed earlier today on his Twitter page.
"Sent Superior 1 to some buds last night and two informal offers from studios already. This is looking good."
Most interesting though was the fact that he went on to tell his followers that it's up to X-Men: First Class director Matthew Vaugh to decide whether or not he wants to adapt this, Kick-Ass 2 or perhaps even something else altogether!
"I've promised Matthew Vaughn a first pass at Superior though. We're going to talk next week whether it's this, KA2 or something else next."

"Vaughn and I will be doing lots of head-scratching between Superior and Kick-Ass 2 next week."
Which of these movies would you most like to see Vaughn direct? Either way, it's clear that as soon as he's done with the new X-Men movie from Fox, he'll be pretty busy with helming yet another of Mark Millar's comic book creations whose character will seemingly be dominating the big screen alongside Marvel and DC for the forseeable future!

From MillarWorld:
SUPERIOR AND AMERICAN JESUS TWO NEW MILLARWORLD MOVIES ON THE WAY
Mark Millar said:
Superior is one we've known about for months. And I mean SEVEN OR EIGHT MONTHS. But everything has been formalised and this is now locked down and should finally be announced in the next week or two. I met up with the director on my trip to London earlier in the week and he's gasping to get started. We talked casting and screen-writer (both of whom should make fans of the book very happy) and we're going to be putting this into overdrive after Christmas for a late 2012 release. The good news is that this is getting fast-tracked and all going well we should be looking at a late 2012 release. I know it seems fast because the second issue of Superior only hit the stands yesterday, but this is something that I've been discussing with his team for a couple of years. Superior is a labour of love for me, everything I've ever really wanted to write in a comic-book and it's exactly the kind of movie he's always wanted to make too. I've been thinking about this book for over five years now and scribbling lots of notes so it's almost a relief to get this out.

American Jesus, on the other hand, has been a total surprise. The studios all looked at this a few years back when I was doing Wanted, but people were nervous about Jesus being the lead character in a story set in modern America and all declined. One producer (who's very famous and this has become my most told bar-room story) asked if we could do American Jesus WITHOUT JESUS (which I found hilarious) so naturally the movie never got made. But an oscar-winning writer-director-producer got in touch literally last night when I got home from England and a little movie miracle happened. I have no idea where this is going to go, but the guy is maybe one one of a handful of people in the industry powerful enough to protect this and stop the dilution I feared would happen. It's early days, but I'll keep you posted. I was very happy with this book, but had written off a potential movie so this was a total surprise.

MM

Even if it's Mark hyping as usual I'm intrigued of who's "the most high profile actor of 2010 that's locked as Superior."

Mark Millar Offers 'Superior' And 'The Secret Service' Updates

Terri Schwartz said:
http://splashpage.mtv.com/author/terrischwartz/Matthew Vaughn and Mark Millar are something of a dream team. The duo has been long working on adaptations of "Superior" and "The Secret Service" after already teaming up on 2010's "Kick-Ass," and it seems like things are moving forward rather quickly.

The always vocal Millar took to his Twitter account earlier today and answered some fan questions about both films. It turns out that we don't have long to wait to find out more information about "Superior."

"We're doing a movie of Superior. You'll hear more about it after Christmas. Matthew Vaughn producing & choosing director," Millar tweeted.

But that wasn't the only tease Millar had. He later tweeted about "Secret Service," "Note: The Secret Service comic is a franchise. The movie will HOPEFULLY be a franchise too, but we need to see how it performs first."

One fan asked if "Harry Brown" star Ben Drew would be playing Gary in "The Secret Service," but Millar quickly shut that rumor down. "Ben Drew is a brilliant actor. Loved him in Harry Brown. But he's not who we have as Gary in Secret Service," he tweeted.

No word yet on when either of these two movies will hit theaters, but it sounds like "The Secret Service" is next on Vaughn's list.

I love this issue. Yildiray Cinar was great, Tom Taylor was great. Everything was great

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Francuz231
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"