Superman & Lois Original Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I expect Jon Kent. Probably some prequel elements to it as well. There's a ton of potential for something like this, and if it's Superman, it's got to have a decent budget, so that gives me hope we could see more cosmic stuff eventually.

We’ve only had two successful Superman movies

like it or not, Superman has always undeniably been more successful on tv

The Adventures of Superman in the 1950s; then --
plus
Yes there are a few gaps, but I'd say that the Man of Steel's TV career has been pretty steady since 1988, where he has struggled much in the cinema, of course that's not counting the animated shows.

My one little request to Tyler: hit the gym. You had the excuse of being a mere guest star with no prep time before, but that excuse is out the window now. Part of being the lead in a Superman property is being in Superman shape! Not asking for anything too crazy, just get back to your Teen Wolf build and you’re golden.

Great news.

Hopefully it does well.

I can't believe we're gonna have Flash and Superman shows running at the same time.

Maybe there's hope for Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, and Green Lantern after all.

My one little request to Tyler: hit the gym. You had the excuse of being a mere guest star with no prep time before, but that excuse is out the window now. Part of being the lead in a Superman property is being in Superman shape! Not asking for anything too crazy, just get back to your Teen Wolf build and you’re golden.

Zero chance he won’t be as ripped as Amell. :D

Maybe there's hope for Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, and Green Lantern after all.
This show’s only happening because Superman on film has been a non-starter twice in the past 15 years. Television has been the only medium where this character has really excelled and actually built a long-lasting franchise out of.

I wouldn’t expect Bats or Wondy to follow suit anytime soon because of their respective success on the big screen.

I've always wanted a proper live action Batman series
Me too, but that seems least likely.

Wonder Woman and Aquaman both made bank at the box office so they're probably not coming either.

Green Lantern, with Diggle, would be a decent bet. The only thing that makes me think it can't happen is the potential cost. Lots of CG required for sure.

If I had to choose ONE writer from the Arrowverse to make this show, it would be Helbing, as he gave me the best eps of the Flash in its early days, and Tyler’s already my favorite live-action portrayal of the role, so I am stoked for this!

I haven’t been too fond of Tulloch as Lois, but oh well, I’ll get over it. Also, given the title, I’m kind of expecting we’re in for a modern day Lois & Clark, but with a much better Superman, and that thought alone makes me smile.

I’m honestly a little in shock this is actually happening, lol. I never thought it was a real possibility.

You literally mentioned Lois & Clark in the other thread yesterday, and now look what news we get today. Clearly you're the Oracle.

Hope they give it a a decent budget.
I wanna be excited about this.
It’s something that I’ve wanted for a while but the way the CW shows have been going has me feeling a little worried.

I also just can’t stand Cryer as Lex. :funny:

As a traditionalist :grrr:, I can’t say I’m fond of a “modern” Superman & Family scenario. Kinda smells like the “Cousin Oliver” trope - wherein an adorable young kid is added to the original premise. (And when that starts to wear thin, invoke the Plot Relevant Age-Up. :word:)

Granted: a more traditional approach to Lois and Clark suffers from the been-there-done-that syndrome. Moreover, Supergirl has already stolen borrowed many of the classical Superman elements. So maybe “modern” is the way to go. :shrug:

You literally mentioned Lois & Clark in the other thread yesterday, and now look what news we get today. Clearly you're the Oracle.
This was all my doing! Thank me!!!

Also, I totally missed this part of the article first time read it:
Superman & Lois revolves around the world’s most famous Super Hero and comic books’ most famous journalist as they deal with all the stress, pressures and complexities that come with being working parents in today’s society.

My Rebirth-loving heart is weeping tears of joy right now, y'all. This is so much smarter than doing an origin series with him, as it further separates the show from SG in terms of formula, we get to keep Cryer as Lex (who most people, including myself, seem to have loved), and Melissa can guest star as Kara whenever they want, even after SG ends (which I'm assuming will happen whenever her contract ends).

Plus, it plays to the CW's strengths, as they generally suck at romance, but excel at family dynamics.

Best news as a Superman fan. I can see the cast being Clark, Lois, Jon, Jimmy, and Lex.

Recycle the Kingdom Come suit for Tyler.

If Superman and Supergirl crossover it would likely be all things Kryptonian.

Bring Brainiac and Lobo now that Krypton is cancelled.

It’s crazy how the thought of Superman having a kid was reviled but now it will be the the standard in comics and live action in a decade.

As a huge Superman fan, I am looking forward to this and I'm glad that there will be new Superman content. I will take this over the Green arrow and the Canaries that CW wants to launch. Tyler Hoechlin is going to kill it as Superman and hopefully he will start to go to the gym.

Im liking this, only Problem is that i fear its another CWing of it and im really tired of how berlanti handles this Shows with the same formula over and over.

But Yeah, excited.
I always said that they shouldnt bunker down on keeping the A grade heroes just in the movies.
We can have a Batman in batwoman nö Problem.
We can have a superman TV Show And a movie from a different Universe...hell we could have a kingdom come superman Show...use the Multiverse and give us everything.
But please change the style a bit.

It’s crazy how the thought of Superman having a kid was reviled but now it will be the the standard in comics and live action in a decade.
I think most of the outrage over Superman's kid in Superman Returns was not that he had one, but that he was basically a deadbeat dad who didn't even KNOW he had one, and missed the first several years of the boy's life, not to mention the sketchy nature of the kid's conception with Lois's memory wipe and all. It was just...so poorly thought out.

I’m trying to keep my expectations low for this but I have to admit that they’re climbing :funny:

Kind of hard for the story they're telling to remain secret when the articles about this say the show is described as exploring the challenges faced by "working parents".

We all know where this is going.

Well Bitsie also mentions the uniqueness of the story Helbing has come up with, so maybe there's more to it. And given the timing of this announcement, I suspect there's already some direct set-up for this series in Crisis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"