Supergirl Lois casting

Honestly I hope they consider doing a Superman mini series (minimum of 8 episodes) and that they put it on the new DC streaming services.

If Tyler Hoechlin cannot continue to play the role or they want to recast someone for the new show, I suggest Travis Milne for Superman, I think he can be Batman too.

Travis Milne
https://www.imdb.com/name/nm2691819

MV5BMTYwMjIyOTQ5Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNTMxNzgwOA@@._V1_.jpg

tmilne2.jpg

s-rookie-blue-stars-travis-milne-as-chris-diaz-picture-id167360019

10463735_10152574094797188_297390353118910823_o.jpg

travis-milne-poses-during-a-photocall-for-the-tv-show-rookie-blue-picture-id115735804

travis-milne-attends-photocall-for-rookie-blue-during-the-51st-monte-picture-id127796188

This doesn't belong in the Lois thread, about a woman and a female character.

That's why I created the Superman general thread which I linked to above, precisely so that we don't go off topic like this. There's no reason in here to show casting for someone who is not even the topic of conversation in this thread, nor is even in any doubt at the moment whether they'll come back.

Last edited:
I'm guessing they haven't filmed the crossover at all yet. That's an unexpected turn of events. But they must have known, because Feb is 5 months away and she wasn't cast 4 months ago.

Crossover filming should be starting next week. Yes, I'm quite sure she knew and told the producers before taking the job. What's done might depend on how she's carrying the baby, some women don't show until six or seven months while others show much sooner. Since we don't have a reference for what she looks like as Lois it shouldn't be hard to hide if she's not showing too much. This should however mean no stunts for her, no Superman flying while carrying Lois or anything else that presents a danger of falling.

Congrats to her regarding her pregnancy. Though at the same time, kind of disappointed that we probably won't get to see Lois involved in any action sequences or flying scenes with Tyler's Superman as a result. Still, safety and human life comes first and foremost.

Elizabeth and Tyler look good together. I do see how she could be Jenna Dewan's sister. She doesn't look heavily pregnant yet, that sweater hides it well enough that non pregnant Lois will work. I'll bet they do want to film her scenes ASAP though.

Just make a Superman show now. I'm more interested to see them together with Melissa guest starring occasionally than this Elseworlds crossover or Batwoman.

Can you imagine if they play the Smallville theme song during the crossover in the Smallville scenes?

How is Lois not looking as pregnant in that photo as in the other ones?

Either mild compression garments or her bump has been digitally reduced. More than likely, I would say it's the latter.

Well her one line in that featurette was on-point at least, lol.

TVLINE | First off, in Supergirl‘s “Elseworlds” poster you’re holding something that looks like a hammer. Can you tell me anything about what that is?
I don’t know that I can. But I will say that a lot of the fans seem to think its Thor’s hammer, and I’m like, “Well, no because isn’t that Marvel?” So, I guess all I can say it’s not Thor’s hammer, but you know it’s still a badass hammer. They’ll just have to wait and see.

TVLINE | What are Lois and Clark up to when body-swapped Barry and Oliver show up?
In the first scene where I’m introduced, on The Flash(airing Sunday), at that point we’re having almost a bit of a family reunion type of a thing on the Kent farm, which was the same farm as on Smallville.

TVLINE | What does Lois and Clark’s relationship look like when we see them? Are they getting along well?
Oh, my god it’s just adorable, yeah. I mean, it’s the typical kind of like Lois and Clark relationship where she’s kind of giving him a hard time. He’s being like, “Maybe you shouldn’t do that,” and she’s like, “Whatever, I’m doing it.” One of the things that I find so charming about the character is that she loves to give Clark a hard time, and that’s how people interact who love each other. At least, that’s what my husband David [Giuntoli, of Grimm and A Million Little Things] would agree to, because I love teasing him and giving him a hard time.

TVLINE | Is Lois used to Clark often getting called on to go save the world? Like, does she worry about him?
For sure, both of those things are true. She is aware and she’s in love with him, so she worries about him. But also, as someone who herself wants to be in on all of the action and adventure, it’s not like she’s going to be like, “Don’t go.” She’s going to be like, “Can I come?”

TVLINE | And is she ever able to go along at all and be involved in stuff like that?
Sometimes yes, sometimes no.

TVLINE | I know that the fans have been wanting the Arrowverse’s journalist characters to share screen time. Do you have any scenes with Kara and Iris?
I never worked with Iris (The Flash‘s Candice Patton), but I’m with Kara, and there is one scene where we are talking about what we do [for a living]. But that is something I’m seeing a lot of on Twitter, that people really want the three journalists together. That’d be cool to do in the future.

TVLINE | Speaking of the future, does it feel like there’s a foundation that’s been laid for a potential Superman and Lois series?
Potentially, and it was something I sort of talked to one of the producers about. I think it’ll depend on how this is reviewed and a bunch of other external factors that nobody has really that much control over. I know Tyler and I would love to come back and work more together. We fortunately had great chemistry, which is not always a given.

TVLINE | I’ve seen some of the photos and I don’t think you were showing at all, or if you were, you can’t tell. [Tulloch and Giuntoli are expecting their first child in February.] But was there any kind of “bump choreography” that had to be done when you were shooting?
You know it’s funny, because there were some paparazzi photos that were published during I want to say the second week I was filming and I was like, “Oh my god, I look huge.” But I think overall we were able to hide it with clothing. The director on the last episode I shot, for Supergirl (airing Tuesday), was like, “If we had even started filming you one week later we would’ve had to hide you behind a plant or a desk, not have you in on the action and stuff.” By the end, I was getting a little self-conscious and I noticed I was often having my arms crossed in front of my stomach to try to hide it a little more. But no, I was lucky I wasn’t showing a ton. I also was lucky because during the first four months of the pregnancy I was puking non-stop! I don’t know that I even would’ve auditioned for it if I had still been in that phase where I had such bad morning sickness, but that was totally over by the time I started shooting. I was feeling great.
High on Lois: Elizabeth Tulloch Previews Her Super Adventure in the Arrowverse Crossover

"It was something I talked to one of the producers about." FINALLY some evidence that talk of a series wasn't just hot air from bloggers. Still think it's a long way from going forward, but at least people involved are actually talking about it.

Also, I'm curious to see how they explain Martha's absence at Kent Farm. Hopefully she's still around, somewhere. Maybe they'll say Clark and Lois are there house-sitting for her or something.

"It was something I talked to one of the producers about." FINALLY some evidence that talk of a series wasn't just hot air from bloggers. Still think it's a long way from going forward, but at least people involved are actually talking about it.

Also, I'm curious to see how they explain Martha's absence at Kent Farm. Hopefully she's still around, somewhere. Maybe they'll say Clark and Lois are there house-sitting for her or something.

Maybe she's off working for the Whitehouse or whatever it was she did in Smallville.

I was not impressed with the actress playing Lois....if a Superman series. Mini series whatever happens, I hope they recast Lois. I saw no chemistry.

I was not impressed with the actress playing Lois....if a Superman series. Mini series whatever happens, I hope they recast Lois. I saw no chemistry.
I didn’t hate her but yeah, she wasn’t my fave. I don’t think a series is in the cards but if it were I’d definitely support a re-cast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"