Comics Superman-Prime question

Iceburgeruk

Civilian
Reaction score
I know he has turned evil and is currently running around with sinestro and co but do you think they should redeem the character one day? In the same way that Hal went evil and then they made him good again. I could see the benefits in bringing him back to the side of justice. 1) Other superboy is dead isn`t he. 2) There is already an evil version of superman he`s called bizarro.

I prefer him to stay evil. I think he is a excellent villain and I hope he will be back (since he may certainly be killed soon) . He's powerful, crual, obsessed and mean, crazy , good enough for me. He is not an all bad villains, and I think that what makes him interesting.
To answer your 2 points : Conner's dead, but I think having a superboy isn't necessary. And then, "an evil version of Superman" isn't a term that suits Bizarro IMO. He's stupid, dumb but powerful, OK) . I answered this in another thread about the evil Superman in Superman the movie III ; Superman Prime is what I would like Bizarro to be. Furthermore, he is not a Superman villain for now, but a GL villain, like Cyborg Superman is.
Between Prime and Bizarro, I really prefer Superman Prime. The fact that he is clever (to a minimum) , allows more things IMO.
Anyway I find it interesting that you ask the question. Good Thread.

I'd like him to stay evil too. Someone who has all of the abilities of Superman, but is dangerously unhinged makes for a great villian IMO. I just like the idea of a completely evil Superman...one that's around in the same continuity of the original no less.

But if he became good, they'd have the problem of how to handle two Superman. When one's good and one's evil, it's cool, but two "good" Supermen may be a tough situation to write around.

Is this Prime guy supposed to be Superboy?

I find his personality and motivations to be lacking and annoying; and the fact that he has Pre-Crisis level powers is the only redeeming quality in his character, in my opinion, but I'd certainly rather have him as a villain than a hero.

Is this Prime guy supposed to be Superboy?
Yes. But it just hasnt been fully explained how Prime physcially aged to the point where he's been seen in Countdown.

Personally, I prefer Superman-Prime as a villain. And his turn from hero to villain thru COIE, as well as IC make him an interesting character to a certain degree. The fact that he has Pre-Crisis powers obviously makes him a massive threat as well. If he ever does redeem himself, I think it should be something akin to Prime sacrificing himself in order to defeat whatever major villain. I personally wouldnt want him hanging around as a heroic figure.

So why don't they ever refer to him as "The hero formerly known as Superboy" or whatever. I'd think that would avoid confusion.

He has been referred to alot these past several months, but anything but "Superboy".

"That Kryptonian boy from Earth-Prime", and "Junior Psycho Boy" being a few.

But honestly, since the Sinestro Corps one-shot. There really isnt any point in mentioning "Superboy" any longer. He's already made the transition.

Except that's how most comic readers would know him. Is there some kind of legal reason for not using the Superboy name?

Except that's how most comic readers would know him. Is there some kind of legal reason for not using the Superboy name?
Yeah, it's a lawsuit between the siegal family members and DC over the rights of Superboy. DC needed to somehow use the character without the name, and thus we got SuperMAN prime as an alternative.

Yeah, it's a lawsuit between the siegal family members and DC over the rights of Superboy. DC needed to somehow use the character without the name, and thus we got SuperMAN prime as an alternative.

Figured as much. :whatever: Thanks for the info.

There are lines that prime crossed. Blowing up a world for a temper tantrum means this guys needs to be put down like a dog.

Oh yeah. If there's some sort of Earth-1 Superman out there in the new Multiverse, he would most certainly pwn Prime in any fight. Especially with Mxy mentioning something about Prime's quickly maturing as seen in COUNTDOWN only being temporary.

he makes for a great villain but dc needs to pare down all the supermen running around...

theres like 4 of em at this point...Kal El...Prime...Cyborg...KC Supes...not to mention Bizarro...

Final crisis will probably put the numbers back to superman and his imperfect clone. Though the cyborg superman seems to have been relegated to the green lanterns. And really out side of some occasional heat vision, hes not to much of a superman clone.

Final crisis will probably put the numbers back to superman and his imperfect clone. Though the cyborg superman seems to have been relegated to the green lanterns. And really out side of some occasional heat vision, hes not to much of a superman clone.

Are you refering to Superman prime as a clone????

does anyone have a pic of this gold superman. I googled it. not sure what i was looking for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"