Superman Returns Superman Returns CGI Talk

DorkyFresh said:
that's the CG model that was made for the film...

...the games model looks WAY different (more cartoony).
Maybe so, but it's faaaaaaaaaar from finished, that's an insult if I ever saw one! There isn't ONE SINGLE FRAME of CG superman in this movie, that looks THAT fake, that I can say already now.

i honestly dont understand why they couldn't just shoot all the close-up shots with brandon. i hate digital doubles especially when you know its a digital double. sometimes they look extremely fake and it can be easy to tell sometimes. that's why i loved the original superman it was all christopher reeve.

superadam87 said:
i honestly dont understand why they couldn't just shoot all the close-up shots with brandon. i hate digital doubles especially when you know its a digital double. sometimes they look extremely fake and it can be easy to tell sometimes. that's why i loved the original superman it was all christopher reeve.
That I can agree with... I've seen some images also where it's CG, and I can't for the life of me figure out why they didn't use Brandon him self... it's dumb.

CGHulk said:
Don't be worried, it's all good stuff! There's really only 2 questionable shots because his face is all digital. The cover of this magazine is one of those two shots!

Dude. What are you talking about. I have the magazine and that is the real Brandon. That is just a green screen shot.

Naite22 said:
Maybe so, but it's faaaaaaaaaar from finished, that's an insult if I ever saw one! There isn't ONE SINGLE FRAME of CG superman in this movie, that looks THAT fake, that I can say already now.
*shrugs* i think that render looks fine. the only thing i don't like about it is the hair...but other than that i probably wouldn't have known it were a double if it didn't say "cinefex" on there.

DorkyFresh said:
*shrugs* i think that render looks fine. the only thing i don't like about it is the hair...but other than that i probably wouldn't have known it were a double if it didn't say "cinefex" on there.
That is the real Brandon. That is a green screen shot. That is not a cgi double. REAL BRANDON.

Naite22 said:
Too cartoonish, what the **** does that mean!!!!!! How much nit-picking can one man do??? It's CREDITS!!
The camera does this whip loop pass around and trhough and around again a planet. it is really cartooney. The planet is cartooney, and the planets look like really bad CGI. I mean the same company did much more realistic planet work in the opening of Contact. Trust me. And the titles are like STM but there is no white highlights so they look like bad cgi and not like the titles from STM which look 3D and were done with slitscan on the oxberry animation stand.

DorkyFresh said:
that's the CG model that was made for the film...

...the games model looks WAY different (more cartoony).
Not a cgi model. That is the real brandon.

does it say it's really Brandon on the magazine? if it does, then awesome...that just shows how great CGI is becoming (to the point where even 3d modellers can't have a hard time telling the difference).

if it doesn't say it's Brandon in the magazine then i'm gonna have to stand by my opinion that it's a CG model though...because he DOES look CG on that cover.

I knew it was a CG model because in that shot he has bushier eyebrows than the real Brandon! CG doubles we'ren't any better in King Kong.

DorkyFresh said:
does it say it's really Brandon on the magazine? if it does, then awesome...that just shows how great CGI is becoming (to the point where even 3d modellers can't have a hard time telling the difference).

if it doesn't say it's Brandon in the magazine then i'm gonna have to stand by my opinion that it's a CG model though...because he DOES look CG on that cover.
It is a green screen shot of Brandon. It does not say anything in the book. Cinefex never does. But that is a green screen shot of Brandon. It is not a CGI shot. Call the Cinefex offices if you want. That is the real Brandon.

CGHulk said:
I knew it was a CG model because in that shot the CG model has bushier eyebrows than Brandon!
It is not CGI. That is a green screen shot of the Real Brandon. Damn. You people drive me nuts.

buggs0268 said:
It is not CGI. That is a green screen shot of the Real Brandon. Damn. You people drive me nuts.
No reason to attack people. There's nothing wrong with people having opinions.

buggs0268 said:
It is a green screen shot of Brandon. It does not say anything in the book. Cinefex never does. But that is a green screen shot of Brandon.
how do you know that's a real shot of Brandon? have you seen the original photo?

I just called Cinefex. They aren't open, but I will call again at 9 and put this stupid arguement to rest. That is the real Brandon.

DorkyFresh said:
how do you know that's a real shot of Brandon? have you seen the original photo?
Dude. Ohh you drive me nus. You will argue anyting. I will call them again at 9, and I am sure that is the real Brandon.

i won't argue ANYTHING, i only argue what i believe in...

...and i seriously doubt that's a photo of Brandon. as far as you calling Cinefex, people can SAY anything but i'm not budging my opinion until i see the original photo. unless you can provide the original photo, don't waste your time calling Cinefex.

DorkyFresh said:
i won't argue ANYTHING, i only argue what i believe in...

...and i seriously doubt that's a photo of Brandon. as far as you calling Cinefex, people can SAY anything but i'm not budging my opinion until i see the original photo. unless you can provide the original photo, don't waste your time calling Cinefex.
dude, this is why you ar a moron. I am willing to call the company who produced the magazine, and it is a small family run company. I know if I call them up I will get someone who knows exactly what that photo is. these guys have been reporting on effects films for 20 years, and you are saying that eihter Don Shay or Jody Duncan, who picked that shot, will lie. You just dont want to be proven wrong. Why did I take you off of my banned list? why? Your an idiot. they will give me the answere. It is a small family company. they have no reason to lie. You and your limited made up efx knowledge needs to shut up.

And, by the way, they show them shooting a similar shot in the mag with the real brandon on a green screen stage. it has the same lighting scheme in the shot so it is either this shot, or the airplane shot. REAL BRANDON.

buggs0268 said:
dude, this is why you ar a moron. Why did I take you off of my banned list? why? Your an idiot.
you just made 3 of the same posts, can't even spell "are" and misused "your" and you're calling me a moron and an idiot? good work, genius...

You just dont want to be proven wrong.
um...i said, until i see the original photo i stand by my word. that means if i see the original photo, i'll gladly admit that it's Brandon Routh.

I know if I call them up I will get someone who knows exactly what that photo is. these guys have been reporting on effects films for 20 years, and you are saying that eihter Don Shay or Jody Duncan, who picked that shot, will lie.
i'm not saying they're lying, i'm not even saying YOU'RE lying...if you read my post carefully (instead of hatingly) you wouldn't have come to that conclusion. i simply said that i won't believe it's really Brandon until i see the original photo.

you need to chill out.

DorkyFresh said:
you just made 3 of the same posts, can't even spell "are" and misused "your" and you're calling me a moron and an idiot? good work, genius...

um...i said, until i see the original photo i stand by my word. that means if i see the original photo, i'll gladly admit that it's Brandon Routh.

i'm not saying they're lying, i'm not even saying YOU'RE lying...if you read my post carefully (instead of hatingly) you wouldn't have come to that conclusion. i simply said that i won't believe it's really Brandon until i see the original photo.

you need to chill out.
Tell you what. Since it is their magazine, and I am sure they will know what they put on their cover, I will trust them. We wont get the original photo, and that is a given. I will trust what they tell me as it is their cover. Go play your little games.

no offense (don't take this offensively, this statement goes for most of the people on these boards) but i'm not just gonna trust someone's WORD. i like evidence and proof...not talk. if we don't get the original photo, too bad so sad. that just means i'll never truely KNOW that it's a photo of Brandon.

but from what my co-workers and i know about 3d modeling, texturing, etc...it looks like a computer generated model.

buggs0268 said:
dude, this is why you ar a moron. I am willing to call the company who produced the magazine, and it is a small family run company. I know if I call them up I will get someone who knows exactly what that photo is. these guys have been reporting on effects films for 20 years, and you are saying that eihter Don Shay or Jody Duncan, who picked that shot, will lie. You just dont want to be proven wrong. Why did I take you off of my banned list? why? Your an idiot. they will give me the answere. It is a small family company. they have no reason to lie. You and your limited made up efx knowledge needs to shut up.

And, by the way, they show them shooting a similar shot in the mag with the real brandon on a green screen stage. it has the same lighting scheme in the shot so it is either this shot, or the airplane shot. REAL BRANDON.
Good job at talking to people without calling them idiots! :rolleyes:

DorkyFresh said:
no offense (don't take this offensively, this statement goes for most of the people on these boards) but i'm not just gonna trust someone's WORD. i like evidence and proof...not talk. if we don't get the original photo, too bad so sad. that just means i'll never truely KNOW that it's a photo of Brandon.

but from what my co-workers and i know about 3d modeling, texturing, etc...it looks like a computer generated model.
I'll bite. You and your co-workers, where do you work at?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"